Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to inject SNES VC it keeps saying unable to connect to my IP when i drag the file over the injector ( its the correct ip for my wiiu). anyone else have this issue?

FIXED: should note in the OP that when using the injectors that you must close TCP gecko connection first before dragging rom over .exe. it was blocking the injector from connecting. sorry if this is posted somewhere I just got it to work.

Last edited by [^Blark^],

Markus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok work perfectly...
I replace rom (punch out) in .elf and compile the .rpx with double dragon rom ^^

IMG_0304.JPG

Last edited by Markus95,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok work perfectly...
I replace rom (punch out) in .elf and compile the .rpx with double dragon rom ^^

IMG_0304.JPG
guess this could be a way to deal with the filesize limit for snes and nes.

Sahme gba alldata.bin has its rom encrypted and compressed and nds rom.zip for some reason refuses to work with cafiine.

So any chance we will ever see this special gecko?

Markus95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Markus95,
Reactions: VinsCool and asper

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So unpack and repack is done by the console or by the software ? I mean how to obtain .elf from .rpx and then back again ? Can it be done via PC ?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So unpack and repack is done by the console or by the software ? I mean how to obtain .elf from .rpx and then back again ? Can it be done via PC ?
obviously its done on PC and then you just load your repacked rpx with loadiine.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah true if he didnt Exit out and restarted between attempts
What do you mean? I thought you just started the snes title on your wiiu then put the rom into the wiiu vc inject and then click on reset in the vc menu on your gamepad but I just get a constant black screen in front of me? obviously I have changed the ip correct.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok lets just say i have harvest moon which is 2MB, if i try to upload say metroid which is 3MB it will trash the emulator in ram.....so if i then try to inject SMW which is smaller than 2MB its still trashed from the game that was too large unless i exit out and start it up again

but as i said, it may also be a case of your VC game having a different offset than the ones people have tested with

Last edited by gamesquest1,

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, ok, after some attempts and NO help i managed to obtain the elf from the rpx and I replaced the rom (the header is now clearly visible) but now the makerpl gives me "Could not map in file FAKE.elf" Error 0x80070002.... any hint ?

EDIT:
Going further: now i get CAFE_ROOT is not defined.... maybe a "space in folder names" probelm... will dig into it...

EDIT2:
Finally got it to work (it was a "space in folder names" problem).
Dunno why nobody would like to explain me how to do that anyway I got it; will try to test a NES title soon.

Last edited by asper,
Reactions: jammybudga777

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a method for keeping Game saves for injected VC? I'm sorry for the nub question. I inject a SNES VC to Super Metroid (Battle toads) I can save a custom load point of the injected rom but closing the VC and reloading that point shows glitched img from battletoads and then plays music from battle toads rather than Metroid. reseting brings metroid to work again normal but If I re inject battletoads rom that I created the custom save point for I can use that continue point just fine... so it let's me save 1 game savedata basically. (load point/save state feature) is there anyway around this so all games I inject save their data to a seperate folder on the SD card or something or does this not exist (yet) because creating a new restore point deletes the existing one. I think my answer is loadiine but not 100% sure so thought I'd ask.

Last edited by [^Blark^],

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is there a method for keeping Game saves for injected VC? I'm sorry for the nub question. I inject a SNES VC to Super Metroid (Battle toads) I can save a custom load point of the injected rom but closing the VC and reloading that point shows glitched img from battletoads and then plays music from battle toads rather than Metroid. reseting brings metroid to work again normal but If I re inject battletoads rom that I created the custom save point for I can use that continue point just fine... so it let's me save 1 game savedata basically. (load point/save state feature) is there anyway around this so all games I inject save their data to a seperate folder on the SD card or something or does this not exist (yet) because creating a new restore point deletes the existing one. I think my answer is loadiine but not 100% sure so thought I'd ask.
yeah if your using loaddine you can use several VC and do save states on each one since loadiine keeps its saves in the save folder, on the wiiu on most injects a save oerwirtes another and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?