Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to be a pain, but does somebody know the file structure to use with Cafiine to inject into Super Mario 64?
I tried getting the FSA with TCP Gecko, but I get an unknown firmware error.

Edit: I managed to get the FSA to show, but in the ROM folder is a single file called Unsme0.005. I assume this is the ROM as it's the same file size as the Super Mario 64 ROM I have downloaded. So I create the folder structure in TCP Gecko, rename my Banjo Kazooie ROM to Unsme0.005, and start up Cafiine. All looks to be going well, but then I get an error shown in the attachment. Any ideas?

Edit #2: Just tried with Bomberman 64, and that worked fine. Possibly just a bad ROM.

Last edited by bache,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
why are you looking at the original game release dates? I would be more worried about the date of the embedded emulator, the ROM size, enhancement chips.
The newer the title the better the emulator will be with newer roms and Paper Mario is a Nintendo title and the latest on eshop, should be really good I think you should stick with Nintendo titles though out of advice. Another bit of advice if your going to buy vc titles of eshop be really careful it is so dodgy!

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The newer the title the better the emulator will be with newer roms and Paper Mario is a Nintendo title and the latest on eshop, should be really good I think you should stick with Nintendo titles though out of advice. Another bit of advice if your going to buy vc titles of eshop be really careful it is so dodgy!
not really. Nintendo won't 'reinvent the wheel' and write a different emu per title, they keep using the same emu and as time goes on so does the emu build.

noworries on eshop. I'm wiiu less :(

Edit: although... some VC games embedded emus might have settings that makethem more compatable with some roms.... lots of testing to do

Last edited by PhyChris,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not really. Nintendo won't 'reinvent the wheel' and write a different emu per title, they keep using the same emu and as time goes on so does the emu build.

noworries on eshop. I'm wiiu less :(

Edit: although... some VC games embedded emus might have settings that make them more compatible with some roms.... lots of testing to do
yeah it seems the n64 VC games use config files so probably less likely to make the emulator rom specific, infact some games came with config files for alternate games (even for games that aren't available on eshop and probably wont ever be like goldeneye so i guess the internal testers have been playing some they know wont end up on eshop anyway) so would be a good idea for someone to grab the latest added title and see if it has even more config files

tbh with these things you cant really say for sure whats the "best", but generally it would be the latest game added to the eshop will be packing the most recent revision of the emulator

Reactions: Reecey

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
pedro702, perfect dark works. it lags ingame though. i guess it is too much xD

I was playing with the ini too, don't remember what i changed.
so there was one time where it didnt lag for you? becuase for me the way its lagging and the sound keeps coming and going is way worse than not64 running it lol.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Paper Mario works amazing by the way!. Well Banjo works 1st try running excellent :) didn't know you had to go into the pause menu and click on reset to get it to boot properly via cafiine?

Last edited by Reecey,

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having mixed results with N64. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards works fine, but Pokemon Snap, South Park and Smash all fail to load.
In terms of DS ROMs, neither Pokemon Ranger, nor New Super Mario Bros. would boot.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
After reading through all this I wonder to myself is it even worth trying to inject of these games should I just wait for it emulator to come out? Maybe I'll just buy some doc
honestly i would say get some dlc, loadiine looks to be pretty good at least for smaller games so i guess VC titles should be runable through there

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having mixed results with N64. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards works fine, but Pokemon Snap, South Park and Smash all fail to load.
In terms of DS ROMs, neither Pokemon Ranger, nor New Super Mario Bros. would boot.
Which titles did you buy to begin with of eshop? cause my Paper Mario is working really well all games so far work.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
Which titles did you buy to begin with of eshop? cause my Paper Mario is working really well all games so far work.
I bought Super Mario 64 for N64, and Brain Training for DS. I see you said the DS ROM was called rom.nds in your version. In mine, it's rom.zip, but opening the zip reveals a ROM named WUP-N-DAAP.nds

I've tried replacing the ROM in the zip, and renaming it to be the same, but no luck so far.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought Super Mario 64 for N64, and Brain Training for DS. I see you said the DS ROM was called rom.nds in your version. In mine, it's rom.zip, but opening the zip reveals a ROM named WUP-N-DAAP.nds

I've tried replacing the ROM in the zip, and renaming it to be the same, but no luck so far.
Yeah that's very strange? I have heard its not free anymore either on eshop, they must have changed it mine is .nds not .zip in gecko. Should of gone with paper mario SM64 being very old now, you could of always booted sm64 through paper mario.

Last edited by Reecey,

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth, this is what Cafiine prints before the console just freezes with DS ROMs.
51cc0d16a0b16680556e0d2e8fd402fd.png

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
I decided to buy Mario Kart DS in the name of science, and again, it's been updated to use the rom.zip format. Interestingly, it's not a .nds file inside, but instead a .srl file.
Again, black screen on the gamepad while music plays, and Cafiine looks the same as the above screenshot.

Maybe they've patched the NDS injection method.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at dates and I'm going with Paper Mario 2000, Snes Kirby Dreamland 1997, GBA Yoshi Island 3 its an early date and Nes DK Jungle Climber 1997. I think those dates are wrong but I have cheked these up and they are the latest in the generation.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do you inject N64 titles?

Yeah, Kirby's Dreamland was one of the last titles in the US for Snes, in 1997, Paper Mario was released in 2001, man, I wish more games could work, or N64 injection was easier to do.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
For what it's worth, this is what Cafiine prints before the console just freezes with DS ROMs.
51cc0d16a0b16680556e0d2e8fd402fd.png
If your using Brain Training like I did, its changed by the looks of things mine came out as rom.nds but it looks like now its rom.zip so that is why its not working anymore. You need a DS title with rom.nds in FSA to work properly.

Yeah, Kirby's Dreamland was one of the last titles in the US for Snes, in 1997, Paper Mario was released in 2001, man, I wish more games could work, or N64 injection was easier to do.
The only one I can not get working so far is Banjo Tooie, which is a shame.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
If your using Brain Training like I did, its changed by the looks of things mine came out as rom.nds but it looks like now its rom.zip so that is why its not working anymore. You need a DS title with rom.nds in FSA to work properly.

The only one I can not get working so far is Banjo Tooie, which is a shame.

Like I said, I just bought Mario Kart, and it has a similar structure. I don't have the money to buy all the DS games and prove my theory, but I'm betting they've all been updated to use rom.zip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY