Eyeball_37

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me.

I am looking to have usbloadergx installed on my wiiU homescreen however the forwarder that I currently have installs fine but loads to a black screen which freezes my console, it also as far as I know does not have gamepad support which is what I need so I have deleted it.

The install and .wad file for vwii were obtained from the below thread on this site titled usb-loader-GX-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu

I have installed the .wad loader on virtual wii and that works fine, as does the launch from the homebrew channel.

Can someone please provide me with a gamepad enabled USBLoaderGX forwarder files and instructions on how to install it. i.e location to put the files on SD card.

This forum really does seem the go to place for such help and requests and I’m really hoping someone can put me out of my frustration.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
and same answer :

There are 2 completely different type of Wii U channel !
which channel type is it?
the modded vWii booter, or the WiiU WiiVC injected channel with WiiU gamepad support?

if it's vWii booter, THERE IS NO GAMEPAD SUPPORT, but you can play wii games.
you need to install UNEO forwarder on vWii.

if it's on wiiu injected channel, how did you create that channel ?
did you put the loader's app inside, or did you put a forwarder to the loader's app inside?
the forwarder looks for boot.dol on SD card.

with injected channel : GAMEPAD SUPPORT ENABLED, but USB Does NOT WORK. NO WII GAMES !
you can't launch wii games. only gamecube games located on SD Card.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well, the first poster specifically wanted the "gamepad compatible" feature, and he installed the vWii booter version, so it's incompatible.
and at least, he provide the thread where he found the channel (which you don't know) :
thread on this site titled usb-loader-GX-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu

my answer is correct for him : there are 2 type of channels, and he used the wrong one.
the channel with gamepad support ONLY WORK ON SD ! it means it's useful ONLY for nintendont. there will be NO WII GAMES BACKUP using the gamepad feature launched from USBLoaderGX.
if he wants the channel with gamepad support, he need to use a "script injector" to inject the forwarder into. that channel can't be shared as it contains copyrighted IOSU and WiiU VC files.

the freeze when using the channel you both have installed is a different matter and not what he wants.

Last edited by Cyan,

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been getting into WiiU modding and I have the same question. I actually don't mind the SD card and Gamecube game only limit to be that big of a deal. There is the injected nintendont forwarder that does the same thing, which I am using and it's great fun playing gamecube games with the gamepad with widescreen patch. What usb loader gx gives you though is per-game Nintendont settings, like windscreen patch on one game but not another. And also the cover art.

I would buy a very large SD card and fill it with my favorite gamecube games, then on the HDD I would have the Wii games and then the rest of the gamecube games. Then on a second HDD the Wii U installed games. The only reason for the gamecube games on the SD card is for the option for gamepad controls, a 256GB card will hold a bunch of games, can upgrade it later to 512GB.

But does anyone have the USB Loader GX injected WiiU forwarder already made? I don't know if I will be able to make it myself, I have a lot of trouble getting some of these things to work when it comes to compiling hex scripts or whatever. It isn't a big deal as I already have the nintendont forwarder that I made with my own extracted code and then forgot how I made it. Per-game settings aren't a huge deal because virtually all gamecube games look fine with the widescreen patch enabled. And save games from Nintendont carry over just fine when you launch them in USB loader gx, even if you load a different copy of the same game from USB instead of SD.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and same answer :

There are 2 completely different type of Wii U channel !
which channel type is it?
the modded vWii booter, or the WiiU WiiVC injected channel with WiiU gamepad support?

if it's vWii booter, THERE IS NO GAMEPAD SUPPORT, but you can play wii games.
you need to install UNEO forwarder on vWii.

if it's on wiiu injected channel, how did you create that channel ?
did you put the loader's app inside, or did you put a forwarder to the loader's app inside?
the forwarder looks for boot.dol on SD card.

with injected channel : GAMEPAD SUPPORT ENABLED, but USB Does NOT WORK. NO WII GAMES !
you can't launch wii games. only gamecube games located on SD Card.
Wii games can't be on sd in usb loader GX?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wii games can't be on sd in usb loader GX?
Not in the official releases. It was always planed to be a "USB" loader, like stated in its name.
there's a modded version of the last official release (from backb0x, it's linked in the official thread's first post by the way) which (will) add SD support for wii games.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Not in the official releases. It was always planed to be a "USB" loader, like stated in its name.
there's a modded version of the last official release (from backb0x, it's linked in the official thread's first post by the way) which (will) add SD support for wii games.
Using that supposed SD supported version can it run Wii games WITH gamepad support, or at least Wiiware and VC games installed on an Emunand?

Edit: If anyone’s looking for USB Loader with SD support I looked it up earlier, here’s the link

I tested it earlier and it seems to work, you need to go to the settings menu > hard drive > and set SD to ON, I didn’t really play much because I tested with Wii Sports being a small game and I didn’t really feel like using the Wii remote so I can’t confirm wither loading from SD is slower or not, but the game booted up quite fast.

I will say though, my SD is formatted to FAT32 with 32 Cluster since that was the recommended setting for Dios Mios Lite back in the day and it’s worked fine on all of my Nintendo products since, no slowdowns whatsoever.

Now, if only someone was kind enough to help me figure out how to convert it to a WUP format because I had a bad luck converting Wii apps as Wii vc, they seem to either not work or install on top of each other sharing the same IP or something, I didn’t run into this issue converting Wii and Gamecube games, idk what I’m doing wrong.

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: depaul and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose you should convert the forwarder to wup, that way you won't have to convert each time there's a new revision of the loader. You will just change the boot.dol on SD card.
I never tried WiiU VC, I can't tell if you can play wii games from SD with gamepad support. it'll be the surprise, let me know :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose you should convert the forwarder to wup, that way you won't have to convert each time there's a new revision of the loader. You will just change the boot.dol on SD card.
I never tried WiiU VC, I can't tell if you can play wii games from SD with gamepad support. it'll be the surprise, let me know :P
I’m quite interested in doing some testing, it’d be nice if it works with the gamepad, it works great with Nintendont you just load the game strait from the SD card and it works with the gamepad but unfortunately as I mentioned I don’t know how to convert .dol files as wup format (I got Nintendont as a wup installer from a third party site) I did successfully convert multiple Wii and GC games but with homebrew I either get black screen or it overwrites on top of another app, or both.

Btw how do I convert the channel itself, do I convert the wad file, is that even possible? 🤔

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can convert Wad from the wii to Wad for the vWii, not to WiiU.
you need to use a WUP builder (tecomoon script converter ?). It has a homebrew tab, so I don't know why you get black screen, or it overwrites an existing installed app (probably identical TitleID).
I never used it, but someone can probably help you in that tool's official thread.

zeroxu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
so is it possible to have usbloadergx in wii u menu with gamepad support on games that supported wii classic controller? or its only possible using injection

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The straight answer is no, this is not currently possible, and won't be without a new cIOS, probably.

The short explanation is that Wii VC Injections rely on it's own "cIOS" built into the fw.img file (an ancast image) of any given Wii VC title to provide support for simulating a Wii Remote and it's attached controllers to the game at runtime. USB Loader GX relies on a cIOS to do it's work, such as launching games from SD and USB, emulating NAND, etc.

These two facts are at odds with each-other.

If a title booted into Wii VC mode reloads into another IOS (such as d2x), Gamepad Support breaks, because that code providing the magic that makes the controller work no longer is running.

It may be possible to make a new cIOS that supports reading DRC input and simulating various controller configurations and relaying that to games, but afaik nobody has even looked at doing this yet.

Wii mode homebrew I think, using libwiidrc or whatever nonsense Nintendont does, can read DRC input directly (somewhat) once the homebrew is launched through a VC Inject with the correct launch mode. I'm also not sure if actually reading DRC directly relies on the embedded ancast image or not.

As for why real USB don't work in Wii VC mode, I'm not sure, someone with more knowledge on the subject probably could explain that though. I'm guessing it has something to do with either how the Wii U boots into a Wii VC title, or the ancast image though. Maybe something to do with needing to mount the USB as a WFS device to read Wii games from.

Last edited by CheatFreak47,
Reactions: Nostalgia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol