Hacking WiiU Help On 5.3.2 update or not?

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not bin at my WiiU for a really long time. I am Still on 5.3.2 update and wondering is it possible to get Mocha CFW on my WiiU. I heard there is a 5.5.2 up date and am wondering what is the best option for me right now. I much prefer a good CFW if at all possible. I heard Paper Mario Color Splash might have it, but then no one was really sure. I know I am late, but wanted to ask. I am guessing I am out of luck.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can hack the Wii U on any firmware, and unless Nintendo issues some random firmware update for the system (Which if they didn't when Zelda came out, I doubt they ever will at this point), all Wii Us will be capable of being softmodded regardless of the firmware version.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can hack the Wii U on any firmware, and unless Nintendo issues some random firmware update for the system (Which if they didn't when Zelda came out, I doubt they ever will at this point), all Wii Us will be capable of being softmodded regardless of the firmware version.
Yes but it's pointless not being out the latest firmware 5.5.1 as all homebrew works on that plus if the op wants to play Breath of the wild he will need 5.5.1 as only that firmware has the needed video codecs for the in game cutseens on a lower firmware the game plays for a bit then crashes.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but it's pointless not being out the latest firmware 5.5.1 as everything works on that plus if the op wants to play Breath of the wild he will need 5.5.1 as only that firmware has the needed video codecs for the in game cutseens on a lower firmware the game plays for a bit then crashes.

Exactly, I wasn't trying to discourage from updating, I was actually trying to encourage to update since at this point you can softmod on any firmware for the system, and obviously the latest firmware is going to have the most going for it.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E