WiiU Help On 5.3.2 update or not?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SamuraiPizzaCat, May 5, 2017.

1. SamuraiPizzaCat
    OP

SamuraiPizzaCat Newbie

Newcomer
    May 5, 2017
    United States
    I have not bin at my WiiU for a really long time. I am Still on 5.3.2 update and wondering is it possible to get Mocha CFW on my WiiU. I heard there is a 5.5.2 up date and am wondering what is the best option for me right now. I much prefer a good CFW if at all possible. I heard Paper Mario Color Splash might have it, but then no one was really sure. I know I am late, but wanted to ask. I am guessing I am out of luck.

2. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    There is no 5.5.2. U should update to 5.5.1

3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    You can hack the Wii U on any firmware, and unless Nintendo issues some random firmware update for the system (Which if they didn't when Zelda came out, I doubt they ever will at this point), all Wii Us will be capable of being softmodded regardless of the firmware version.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes but it's pointless not being out the latest firmware 5.5.1 as all homebrew works on that plus if the op wants to play Breath of the wild he will need 5.5.1 as only that firmware has the needed video codecs for the in game cutseens on a lower firmware the game plays for a bit then crashes.

5. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    Exactly, I wasn't trying to discourage from updating, I was actually trying to encourage to update since at this point you can softmod on any firmware for the system, and obviously the latest firmware is going to have the most going for it.

Marko76 likes this.
  6. hug0-a7x

hug0-a7x GBAtemp Fan

Jan 19, 2013
    Brazil
    Do it.