Hacking WiiU 5.4.0U, which hacking guide do I follow?

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I started downloading stuff last night, will have a chance to look at it later tonight.

What's the best strategy for blocking firmware updates that will still allow me to play online as well as installing games and updates through the Brazilian installer?

Also, how come the redNAND Is not recommended, wouldn't that save me if an update is ever applied by mistake.

akificko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well follow the postet guide and skip step 4

Isnt it a bit risky with CBHC?
If i install Mocha CFW and not the CBHC will there be any difference?

- Installing backup games (via downloaded from pc on eshop clones)
- playing backup games Online
- using vWii mode

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- using vWii mode
CBHC can brick but after installed its safe.
If you only install Mocha you can do all those but you will need to boot Mocha everytime you want to play your backups. CBHC autoboots so you can just turn on and play your backups.

Reactions: akificko

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- using vWii mode
You can brick if you DON'T follow the instructions. It clearly states that you need to install Haxchi on the sysNAND not USB. That is the risk of brick. As long as you install Haxchi to sysNAND you're fine.

As far as any other brick risks it's the same as all hacks. Don't mess with system files if you don't know what you're doing. Follow directions and you'll be fine.

Reactions: akificko

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I started downloading stuff last night, will have a chance to look at it later tonight.

What's the best strategy for blocking firmware updates that will still allow me to play online as well as installing games and updates through the Brazilian installer?

Also, how come the redNAND Is not recommended, wouldn't that save me if an update is ever applied by mistake.

Looking for feedback in this please.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK thanks everyone, it worked.

I installed Wheel of Fortune to my Wii U USB and it plays fine.

I also loaded a Virtual Console game, Duck hunt. It shows on my Wii U Menu but when I select it, it tells me something glide suspending loaded software and then it turns off my Wiimote. Is there something special that needs to be done?

akificko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well follow the postet guide and skip step 4

CBHC can brick but after installed its safe.
If you only install Mocha you can do all those but you will need to boot Mocha everytime you want to play your backups. CBHC autoboots so you can just turn on and play your backups.

You can brick if you DON'T follow the instructions. It clearly states that you need to install Haxchi on the sysNAND not USB. That is the risk of brick. As long as you install Haxchi to sysNAND you're fine.

As far as any other brick risks it's the same as all hacks. Don't mess with system files if you don't know what you're doing. Follow directions and you'll be fine.

Thanks everyone. I have followed FlipFlap69's Guide with skipping step 4 as adviced. Everything seems to working fine now with HaxchiFW + CBHC mod. Brazilian method is also awesome. I like it so much.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just following up because I haven't touched my wii u since I hacked it with CBHC, at least I think that's what I did.

Has a lot changed in the hacking scene since last December 2016?

Should I be updating firmware again? I completely forget how to even update firmware, so I just do it from the wii u like a normal update? Can I play online? I forget everything and not sure what to verify to know what I have.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you at least look at my guide (in the stickies and in my sig) and complete step 3. It's critical. That guide you followed had no nand backup

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you at least look at my guide (in the stickies and in my sig) and complete step 3. It's critical. That guide you followed had no nand backup

Do I need to start over from scratch and go through the entire guide or can i skip some steps?

Last edited by Rockstead,

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can go straight to nand backup step

In terms of updating what I did last December, is that necessary? Any special procedures to update my firmware or do i just click update from the normal wii u system firmware update menu or should that be avoided?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In terms of updating what I did last December, is that necessary? Any special procedures to update my firmware or do i just click update from the normal wii u system firmware update menu or should that be avoided?
I would start by updating through normal Wii U update menu (Make sure you don't have any blocking enabled) then after that read through my guide. Read through the steps even if you have already done them with the other guide. I try to describe each step in detail rather than just tell you what to do. You can skip the steps you've already done but follow the flow chart and then read the steps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1