Homebrew WiiSX RX - A new fork.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be in every thread I have came across its getting a bit OTT being honest not even sure he/she has even contributed any code or anything to any of the emulators he/she been asking for fixes and improvements and it's getting a bit tedious I'm also glad it's not just me thinking this.

I'm going to just leave this here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-coll...-for-some-best-wii-homebrew-emulators.591509/

Now they didn't create these, but they did at least manage to assemble and document the meta.xml arguments necessary for all of those emulators (several of which are not actually documented by the emulators themselves - I personally discovered this to be the case with at least Snex9x GX, Wii64, and of course WiiSX RX).

Last edited by Nintendo Maniac,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre is a very eager young developer himself. Lets put this in perspective people. 10 years ago, @SaulFabre would be considered cutting edge. Asking for dev help on his journey is what developers do. Yes, stop the constant nagging, but also understand, HomeBrew developers spread their knowledge. Only a few Wii HB developers remain that are active, @niuus happens to be one of the best. It is understandable @SaulFabre requires his attention.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@SaulFabre is a very eager young developer himself. Lets put this in perspective people. 10 years ago, @SaulFabre would be considered cutting edge. Asking for dev help on his journey is what developers do. Yes, stop the constant nagging, but also understand, HomeBrew developers spread their knowledge. Only a few Wii HB developers remain that are active, @niuus happens to be one of the best. It is understandable @SaulFabre requires his attention.
but he isnt asking for help on codding he is making requests to fix stuff like controllers and even games lol.

i would understand if he asked some advice on codding like how gx operates and why it does this and that but saying like he said to exterms hey next release fix this game and that game and such just isnt asking for advice but seems like demanding stuff imo.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok thanks for the advice!

i'm now hoping @niuus come back soon :)
I owe you some sort of an apology I didn't know you were a Dev and helped out in the community I'm sorry about some of the stuff I said I hope you haven't taken to offense of something's I have mentioned about the nagging to Devs of fixing single games

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SaulFabre

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to just leave this here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-coll...-for-some-best-wii-homebrew-emulators.591509/

Now they didn't create these, but they did at least manage to assemble and document the meta.xml arguments necessary for all of those emulators (several of which are not actually documented by the emulators themselves - I personally discovered this to be the case with at least Snex9x GX, Wii64, and of course WiiSX RX).
Thank you for the link I can see he has helped out I have posted a comment saying sorry about something's I mentioned so thank you and I truly appreciate you for posting that link

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SaulFabre Since you've heavily interested in autoboot stuff, I don't suppose you have interest looking into the possibility of porting over Not64's recent fix for wiimote extensions not working when autoboot + skipmenu is used which is the same exact problem that WiiSX RX has?

For reference, Not64 solved the issue by straight up implementing the ability to hot-swap wiimote extensions while a game is running. My best guess is that the following Not64 commit is the relevant piece of code handling all of this:

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Driver 2 compatibiltiy emulators

Name: PCSX-Reloaded
Status?: YES
Notes:

Name: PCSX-Redux
Status?: ???
Notes:

Name: NO$PSX
Notes: No errors with HLE BIOS, either.

Name: Beetle PSX

Name: Beetle PSX HW

Name: DuckStation
Status?: YES (2)

Name: Avocado
Status?: ??? (2)
Notes:

Name: pSX 1.13
Status?: NOT REALLY
Notes: Runs but Wheels blink heavily

Name: PCSX-ReARMed RA3DS
Status?: NOT REALLY(?)
Notes: Very slow to play.

Name: PCSX-Revolution
Status?: NO
Notes:

Name: Mednafen
Notes:

Name: WiiSX
Status?: NO (1)
Notes: Crashes with bad distorting crappy sound after booting. Freeze with code dumps after psx logo. No works on original PCSX-Reloaded on my PC.

Crash Reason notes:
1; Corrupted Game. This rom header was too large, was not. fixed for beta 2.6 coming soon! fixed the faulty header with ultraiso. Uses driver 1 instead.
2; Same as PCSX-Reloaded. This rom header was complete works.

Last edited by michele59,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Notes: Crashes with bad distorting crappy sound after booting. Freeze with code dumps after psx logo. No works on original PCSX-Reloaded on my PC.

Crash Reason notes:
1; Corrupted Game. This rom header was too large, was not. fixed for beta 2.6 coming soon! fixed the faulty header with ultraiso. Uses driver 1 instead.
2.6 coming soon? lol do you know how to code? are you making it?

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my 256GB flash drive for testing games died (someone with a spare?), so i've had 2.6 on the back burner for a long while...
I have a good friend in the USA that sometimes sends me things like needed medical stuff and minor tech things with his family when they travel back.

I don't suppose this good friend has ever been to a Micro Center and has one nearby? I ask because I just found out today that Micro Center has a coupon for a free 240GB SATA SSD:...but it's for new customers only (which I'm not really sure I would qualify for since I previously redeemed their free 32GB microSD + 32GB flash drive coupon earlier this year that comes with a full-sized SD adapter as well... I kind of wonder if that coupon actually still works? - direct link to coupon).

Combine that with a compatible USB SATA adapter like the Vantec one I previously mentioned (which is available at Micro Center as well for only $8 USD) and you've got a good Wii homebrew storage solution on the cheap! (barring the possibility of needing to use a USB Y-cable on a Wii U, though with SSDs you're much less likely to need one) And getting both the SSD and adapter at the same time would allow this friend to additionally make sure that the devices are actually functioning correctly as well.

...yes it's a DRAM-less SSD, but I'm not sure that really makes a difference when we're dealing with the Wii's USB 2.0 limitation. Besides, it should still be a lot better than a mechanical hard drive if it were used in a PC.

(btw if you aren't aware, in the custom PC building scene, Micro Center is quite possibly the most reputable brick & mortar PC electronics store in the US)

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wiisxrx fixes the faulty header with a driver 1-2 games here.....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you run it might be nes?
can you run mr driller G?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wiisxrx fixes the faulty header with a tony hawk pro skater 2 and driver 1-2 games here?

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
At least with this version I could play castlevania sotn and I ended it, but it had an issue, it loaded the memory card like the game was ntsc, when the game is pal, so it never loaded the save of the game, I used savestate most part of the game I hope you release another version of this, and i could play destruction derby

Reactions: MKKhanzo

michele59

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Works/Minor Issues
101 sega master system games (bootleg)
Destruction derby USA (Runs on interpreter mode)
Destruction derby raw (Works fine)
Driver 1 USA (No issues so far)
Driver 1 EUR
Driver 2 USA (Modified ISO/BIN required to prevent has less hear noise but works fine. Fixed the Error Header with UltraISO....)
Duke Nukem - Total Meltdown
Earthworm Jim 2
Equalizer (Unl)
Ericorsio's Essentials Extravaganza New Year 2017 Special
Escape from the North (homebrew)
Euro Demo 01
Gameshark v5.0 (device supported)
Hellokitty cube frenzy USA (Not yet tested)
It might be nes (Homebrew and bootleg)
Mega Man X3 (Works)
Mr driller (Works, with little to no errors)
Mr driller G (Runs, but has less skybox errors)
Namco museum vol1 (Works)
Pac Man World (Works)
Rockman 1-2 JPN (Works, With no errors)
Wipeout (Works)

Major Issues/Doesn't Work
007 racing (black screen. No sound)
007 Twine (Doesn't get past loading screen for some reason)
Alien ressurection USA (Boots, but then Freezes then code dumps, No works on original PCSX-R 1.9.94. Fixed the Error Header with UltraISO.)
Destruction derby EUR/JPN (Freezes before ISO loads.)
Destruction derby 2 USA/EUR/JPN (destruction derby mode works. Championship mode doesn't work)
Driver 1 JPN (Runs, but will you crash when choosing try again.)
Driver 2 EUR (code dump with dynarec mode. screen Shows black with HLE BIOS and Interpreter mode. Could hear sound then crash. Fixed the Error Header with UltraISO.)
Gran Turismo 1 [Arcade/Simulation Mode] (Works but slow)
Gran Turismo 2 [Arcade/Simulation Mode] (Race cars works fine, but has less physical errors but still playable.)
Konami antiques msx collection vol1 (Works, but recognizes it to be MSX rom?)
Konami antiques msx collection vol2 (Works, but recognizes it to be MSX rom? Some games appears to timing-issues.)
Konami antiques msx collection vol3 (Works, but recognizes it to be MSX rom? Same as Vol1 and vol2)
Megaman X5 (Crashes when selecting a stage)
Tonyhawk proskater 1-2 (Freezes, No works on original PCSX-R 1.9.94. Fixed the Header with UltraISO.)
Tonyhawk proskater 3-4 (Boots, but then Crashes, No works on original PCSX-R 1.9.94. Fixed the Header with UltraISO.)

Last edited by michele59,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Notes:

Crash Reason notes:
Destruction derby DOS/X86 works on DOSBox-Wii but not be on WiiSX(?)
Will you stop making these shitty posts that do not contribute in anything to the emulator? There's no point in copying and pasting that into the thread, it only adds clutter and discourages new users to read the thread for answers or positive discussions, which is already a pain.

I'm curious are you running a newer version or compiled from source with additional changes? If so inbox me please would like to test out on Wii U? That's if it's ok

Also is Resident evil 1.5 playable now?
You're just encouraging more of the same the lame posting. There is no alternative sweet secret WiiSXRX version.

is @niuus dead?

because i don't see him connected to GBAtemp nor GitHub since August 7, 2021.

What will happen to Snes9x RX, FCE Ultra RX and WiiSX RX?
Yes, i'm dead now. The emulators will self-explode tomorrow.

Dude Niuus isn't dead he had some issues with his computer and he's also probably sick of people bugging for updates and stuff he's working on stuff behind the scenes and will release when ready
This.

but he isnt asking for help on codding he is making requests to fix stuff like controllers and even games lol.

i would understand if he asked some advice on codding like how gx operates and why it does this and that but saying like he said to exterms hey next release fix this game and that game and such just isnt asking for advice but seems like demanding stuff imo.
I've read the Not64 thread. Gosh... i don't even know where to begin.

@SaulFabre Since you've heavily interested in autoboot stuff, I don't suppose you have interest looking into the possibility of porting over Not64's recent fix for wiimote extensions not working when autoboot + skipmenu is used which is the same exact problem that WiiSX RX has?

For reference, Not64 solved the issue by straight up implementing the ability to hot-swap wiimote extensions while a game is running. My best guess is that the following Not64 commit is the relevant piece of code handling all of this:

I can check into it after i can nail the new compat changes which i have been touching again. Won't promise anything.

2.6 coming soon? lol do you know how to code? are you making it?
He doesn't know. Don't encourage he/she to keep posting thrash into this thread.

I don't suppose this good friend has ever been to a Micro Center and has one nearby? I ask because I just found out today that Micro Center has a coupon for a free 240GB SATA SSD:
...but it's for new customers only (which I'm not really sure I would qualify for since I previously redeemed their free 32GB microSD + 32GB flash drive coupon earlier this year that comes with a full-sized SD adapter as well... I kind of wonder if that coupon actually still works? - direct link to coupon).
I asked him, but sadly, not in his vicinity.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't think there was a secret build by you but whatever he's comparing to could be his own modification of your work it's why I was curious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: