Homebrew WiiSX RX - A new fork.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I just updated and first game i try (klonoa door to phantomile) gets DSI exception error screen after like 3 seconds of running. This game used to play correctly on previous versions.
Simple: don't use HLE unless the game needs it.

Read the changelogs, people. There's always useful or good to know info about newer versions.

Does that mean that we can display 240p with the last update? How can we do that?

I see there is a "Video mode = 0" line in the settings.cfg (now settingsRX.cfg) but I can't find any info explaining what does what and what settings we can change.
Is there a link or a readme file I'm missing or it hasn't been explained anywhere.

Many thanks for your contributions. Your dedication is always appreciated.
?
I think it meant that now is something on the hands of the person responsible for the other fork, xjsxjs197.
not at all lol, all niuus is saying is now the beggars are barking at another tree xD
Pretty much.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does that mean that we can display 240p with the last update? How can we do that?

I see there is a "Video mode = 0" line in the settings.cfg (now settingsRX.cfg) but I can't find any info explaining what does what and what settings we can change.
Is there a link or a readme file I'm missing or it hasn't been explained anywhere.

Many thanks for your contributions. Your dedication is always appreciated.
for now. The only PS1 Wii emulator that supports 240p is WiiX Silver

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
niuus, just dropping a line to say that I really appreciate the work you've done fine tuning this and other Wii emulators. Also...

As far as compatibility goes, I noted that:

Batman & Robin: In xjsxjs197's branch I can enter Wayne Manor from the Batcave. in 2.7(and prior versions) it crashes.

This v-synch fix is a significant upgrade, btw. I had a collection of games that I thought worked well enough and now they work better.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Been testing and merging this for a few weeks:
New release based on the newest branch is up (3.0)

[3.0 - September 12, 2022]
Evo branch, lots of updates.

Slow, progressive merge and update to xjsxjs197's WiiSXRX fork. Code updated until commit a03f618a895fb526bef35808a698dc52e0dbb4e1 (Aug 26, 2022).

* For now, discarded the "Languages" option, which tends to cause some minor random crashes on the UI, with certain actions.
* When you open a directory with CUE+BIN, only the CUE will be shown. This condition is only true if the CUE and BIN tracks contain the same name, i.e.: "Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA)"
* CD-ROM plugin changed from CDR Mooby to CDR ISO (PCSX-df). Highly improved game compatibility, and Swap CD fix for many games.
* Keeping FranSPU sound plugin (psx4all) over the dfsound plugin (pcsxr), for the moment. This will give different compatibility/results on some titles when compared to the fork, and a tiny speedup.
* BIOS, MDEC decoder (FMV), R3000 CPU updates and fixes.

Thanks goes to the PCSX / PCSX-df / PCSX-r / PCSX-Revolution / PCSX-ReARMed teams, and xjsxjs197 code adaptations.

3rd party Wii Classic Controller and Pro extended support from RX 2.7 is retained, as well as PS1 / PS2 controller support through the 3rd party Wiimote adapter.

Experimental builds with PSX Multitap support also available. Compatible titles tested are included on a TXT inside the respective .zip

The list of new playable and tested games are here.

This release should cater to users of 3rd party controllers and access to new playable titles. 3.1 is already done and should be around the corner, so I can finally put NeoCD RX out there, which i've been testing for months now.

Anyway, happy gaming.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Slow, progressive merge and update to xjsxjs197's WiiSXRX fork. Code updated until commit a03f618a895fb526bef35808a698dc52e0dbb4e1 (Aug 26, 2022).

* For now, discarded the "Languages" option, which tends to cause some minor random crashes on the UI, with certain actions.
* When you open a directory with CUE+BIN, only the CUE will be shown. This condition is only true if the CUE and BIN tracks contain the same name, i.e.: "Mortal Kombat Trilogy (USA)"
* CD-ROM plugin changed from CDR Mooby to CDR ISO (PCSX-df). Highly improved game compatibility, and Swap CD fix for many games.
* Keeping FranSPU sound plugin (psx4all) over the dfsound plugin (pcsxr), for the moment. This will give different compatibility/results on some titles when compared to the fork, and a tiny speedup.

Thanks goes to the PCSX / PCSX-df / PCSX-r / PCSX-Revolution / PCSX-ReARMed teams, and xjsxjs197 code adaptations.

3rd party Wii Classic Controller and Pro extended support from RX 2.7 is retained, as well as PS1 / PS2 controller support through the 3rd party Wiimote adapter.

Experimental builds with PSX Multitap support also available. Compatible titles tested are included on a TXT inside the respective .zip

This release should cater to users of 3rd party controllers and access to new playable titles. 3.1 is already done and should be around the corner, so I can finally put NeoCD RX out there, which i've been testing for months now.

Anyway, happy gaming.
So your compatibility isnt the same as wiisxrx? tryed to boot vigilant 8 and got no cdda playing?

EDIt cdda is stuck on the settings as disable CDDA to yes? cant change it to no?its greyed out?

Last edited by pedro702,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So your compatibility isnt the same as wiisxrx? tryed to boot vigilant 8 and got no cdda playing?

EDIt cdda is stuck on the settings as disable CDDA to yes? cant change it to no?its greyed out?
@pedro702

Remember that this is original WiiSX-RX, not WiiSXRX_2022.
@niuus has stated that he will later add CDDA support from the fork WiiSXRX_2022.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras

Anyway, happy gaming.
Your version works well running the dol from usb, but I want to play games that need cdda, but it sounds good merge both emulators, because the new one cannot run the dol from usb, always freezes or something

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.0 testing:

Batman & Robin: I was able to enter Wayne Manor from the Bat Cave. This would crash in 2.7.

Batman Forever: Works like 2.7. Full symphony on title screen unlike 2022.

Battle Arena Toshinden 3: Works like 2.7.

Blasto: Works like 2.7. Needs frame skip for proper audio. FMV works like 2.7 although still has audio crackling. 2022 has right sided graphic artifacting.

Bloody Roar: Works like 2.7. Needs frame skip for proper audio. In 2.7 I can't load the CUE as it locks up, I have to load the BIN. Need to look at that closer as it might be a CUE problem. No problems loading in 3.0.

Capcom vs SNK Pro: Works like 2.7. Need frame skip for proper audio.

Einhander: Works like 2.7.

Diablo: In 3.0 the background music frequently loses it's place, about the same or worse as 2022. The screen seems to scroll better in 2.7 than 3.0. Frame skip need to be on in 2.7 and 3.0 for best performance, although doesn't fix aforementioned 3.0 problems.

Primal Rage: The intro FMV has audio now. Game locks up on the first title screen after that. You never get to the menu. You can get to the menu in 2.7.

SF EX Plus Alpha: Works like 2.7. Need frame skip for proper audio.

WWF Wrestlemania: Works in 3.0. I don't think this worked in 2.7. Missing CDDA audio obviously.

Noting audio crackle in some FMVs, although I'm pretty sure this was all there in 2.7 as well. Didn't do any frame rate measurement, but seemed the same as 2.7.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
3.0 testing:

Batman & Robin: I was able to enter Wayne Manor from the Bat Cave. This would crash in 2.7.

Batman Forever: Works like 2.7. Full symphony on title screen unlike 2022.

Battle Arena Toshinden 3: Works like 2.7.

Blasto: Works like 2.7. Needs frame skip for proper audio. FMV works like 2.7 although still has audio crackling. 2022 has right sided graphic artifacting.

Bloody Roar: Works like 2.7. Needs frame skip for proper audio. In 2.7 I can't load the CUE as it locks up, I have to load the BIN. Need to look at that closer as it might be a CUE problem. No problems loading in 3.0.

Capcom vs SNK Pro: Works like 2.7. Need frame skip for proper audio.

Einhander: Works like 2.7.

Diablo: In 3.0 the background music frequently loses it's place, about the same or worse as 2022. The screen seems to scroll better in 2.7 than 3.0. Frame skip need to be on in 2.7 and 3.0 for best performance, although doesn't fix aforementioned 3.0 problems.

Primal Rage: The intro FMV has audio now. Game locks up on the first title screen after that. You never get to the menu. You can get to the menu in 2.7.

SF EX Plus Alpha: Works like 2.7. Need frame skip for proper audio.

WWF Wrestlemania: Works in 3.0. I don't think this worked in 2.7. Missing CDDA audio obviously.

Noting audio crackle in some FMVs, although I'm pretty sure this was all there in 2.7 as well. Didn't do any frame rate measurement, but seemed the same as 2.7.
I was actually doing a round of compatibility tests, just tested Primal Rage again, as the last time I did was with 2.7, in which it works at sustained 60fps on the Wii. It does in fact hang at the title screen with 3.0, but works again with 3.1 (with low 53-60fps dips on Wii, this is the natural cost of more accuracy), so next version should have it again.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually doing a round of compatibility tests, just tested Primal Rage again, as the last time I did was with 2.7, in which it works at sustained 60fps on the Wii. It does in fact hang at the title screen with 3.0, but works again with 3.1 (with low 53-60fps dips on Wii, this is the natural cost of more accuracy), so next version should have it again.
Any thoughts on Diablo? That's really the game that I have your version of WiiSXRX(2.7) for. I never really bothered with psx emulation on Wii until I found that your version of WiiSXRX could run it well. Built a collection of other games that worked decently after that, but Diablo was the starting point.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Any thoughts on Diablo? That's really the game that I have your version of WiiSXRX(2.7) for. I never really bothered with psx emulation on Wii until I found that your version of WiiSXRX could run it well. Built a collection of other games that worked decently after that, but Diablo was the starting point.
Hmmm, when I have the time, i'll check the PC sources for the different emulators in case there is a fix. I used to play a lot of Diablo, but only on PC.

I was also curious about the Batman Forever music problem, glad you chimed in. WWF required Interpreter in 2.7 to not crash. Pro tip: try to test HLE if the game works, as it will be sometimes a little bit faster.

Andre4697532

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RX 3.1:
Mega Man Legends
(does not crash anymore if you don't skip the Capcom intro FMV)
Mega Man Legends 2

I've tried booting up both Mega Man Legends games, but neither one works. Does anyone know what RX 3.1 means? The compatability list states that these games are playable.

ChoroGalaxia000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Any updates on fixing slow audio/music in games that have problems with it? Metal Gear Solid still has issues on the emulator (slowed down sound effects and music), and I have tried the fork (WiiSXRX_2022) but it just crashes and plays a loud noise as soon as I load it. I saw something about changing the audio core on the Github, does no other emulator have an alternate sound core or use a different one? I think the problem comes from the audio driver, franSPU.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any updates on fixing slow audio/music in games that have problems with it? Metal Gear Solid still has issues on the emulator (slowed down sound effects and music), and I have tried the fork (WiiSXRX_2022) but it just crashes and plays a loud noise as soon as I load it. I saw something about changing the audio core on the Github, does no other emulator have an alternate sound core or use a different one? I think the problem comes from the audio driver, franSPU.
WiiStation (WiiSXRX_2022) uses the dfsound plugin for audio, which is very different and better than FranSPU (from psx4all), which original WiiSXRX uses.

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Known facts, yes. Different sound plugins will give different results in a couple of tricky games, that's to be expected. In the meantime, you could use WIISXRX_2022.

Anyway, RX 3.2 is coming with a different plugin for those types of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn