Homebrew PS1/2 Emulator Project WiiSX / CubeSX (PCSXGC) with Lightrec Project - Beta testers & feedback needed!

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
pacman -Syyuu I forgot to do this, so it's upgrading a lot of shit.
Post automatically merged:

nope, still errors.
looks like the GNU Lightning code is currently broken.
Try copying this and pasting this on your devkitPro/devkitPPC folder.
I compiled them using Windows :P

Attachments

• devkitPPC lightning and lightrec libraries latest working 28022023.zip
    717.9 KB · Views: 32

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by windows, do you mean cmd prompt or msys? anyway, that worked:

1677622581686.png

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
well, I guess as long as it works. not sure what's going on now. an error could be a missing dependency or maybe the wrong version of something, but I'm more inclined to believe the former due to that Syyuu command.
I'm compiling WiiSX/CubeSX using CMD instead of MSys2

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
32X is already possible on Wii/U with Picodrive so it wouldn't be as big as it would have been a few years ago
Hence why I specifically mention GenesisPlusGX. You can't even begin to compare the inaccurate Picodrive to something of the GenesisPlus caliber made by eke-eke. Picodrive has a lot of random bugs and crashes that will never be fixed on the Wii, not to mention being jailed as a core inside Retroarch. It runs, sure, but with many compromises.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hence why I specifically mention GenesisPlusGX. You can't even begin to compare the inaccurate Picodrive to something of the GenesisPlus caliber made by eke-eke. Picodrive has a lot of random bugs and crashes that will never be fixed on the Wii, not to mention being jailed as a core inside Retroarch. It runs, sure, but with many compromises.
I did clarify "but still, it would be nice to see GenesisplusGX finally get 32X support lol" cause I know it has been a LONG wanted addition to Genesisplus GX.
If the Picodrive Core has issues on Wii bring it up with the dev they will fix any bugs you tell them about. I know I helped them test Dynarec for 32x on Wii and WiiU.
https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive
Of course Genesisplus GX is more accurate than Picodrive when it comes to Emulation the Pico dev will be the first to admit that :P Picodrive is more for performance, but it is getting updates all the time.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If the Picodrive Core has issues on Wii bring it up with the dev they will fix any bugs you tell them about. I know I helped them test Dynarec for 32x on Wii and WiiU.
https://github.com/irixxxx/picodrive
Of course Genesisplus GX is more accurate than Picodrive when it comes to Emulation the Pico dev will be the first to admit that :P Picodrive is more for performance, but it is getting updates all the time.
Not entirely the right link, as there isn't a standalone Picodrive for Wii/Wii U, and that's not what is being used on the console. While he collaborates with the Libretro core, it isn't 100% his responsibility and that Git is already 30+ issues deep, so it is what is. Probably in 5 or 10 more years things will be more ironed out, if Wii builds still exist, as Retroarch stability is a complex issue on his own.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not entirely the right link, as there isn't a standalone Picodrive for Wii/Wii U, and that's not what is being used on the console. While he collaborates with the Libretro core, it isn't 100% his responsibility and that Git is already 30+ issues deep, so it is what is. Probably in 5 or 10 more years things will be more ironed out, if Wii builds still exist, as Retroarch stability is a complex issue on his own.
That's the dev that did the Wii/U Dynarec work and that maintains the Libretro Core. If you have any issues with the Wii Core That's the guy to ask.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez, the normal release was a pita to compile in Linux, since it's case sensitive. there were wiisxConfig.h and wiiSXconfig.h . there was also a GameCube where everywhere else says Gamecube.

btw, I tried copying over each file as well as a symlink. neither worked in this case, and I have no idea why.

Last edited by godreborn,

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Crash on exit
About the crash on exit, maybe can you check my PR on GitHub where i try to implement a workaround for fix that problem, by adding a better exit code so it should not crash anymore if not booted from HBC?
https://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/pull/9

PD: Im also checking some PCSXGC code for try to add some features which later forks has for rise compatibility (such autoFixes).

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Appreciate the feedback, but it's also why there's no official release yet either, there's still much to do. Main things to focus on are:
  • Savestates
  • Audio
  • Crash on exit
  • Tidy unnecessary VM setup on Wii
  • Re-test Slot A / B support on GameCube now that SD2SP2 works
I can say for sure SD adapter support is a little messed up ;)

SaulFabre

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can you create a new channel to original WiiSx?
@GustavoReis

Here's a new forwarder i've made for the original WiiSX.

It points to:
sd:/apps/wiiSX/boot.dol
usb:/apps/wiiSX/boot.dol

I've based on my WiiStation forwarder for make this one, sorry if i kept the music i used on the WiiStation forwarder for this new WiiSX forwarder, but anyways i still like it. :)

Avaliable for Wii and vWii.

1677797645805.png

- saulfabreg

Attachments

• WiiSX Forwarder Channel - WCSX - Wii - saulfabreg.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • WiiSX Forwarder Channel - WCSX - vWii - saulfabreg.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users