PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Vanark and Thrill Kill still doesn't work.
vanark has been working for several versions and trhill kill has been working for a long time, what happens is that you have to do something to get past the screen that stays black, it is explained in this forum
Post automatically merged:

All the three previous versions of WiiStation i tried had the nasty graphical glitch that the game is too streched out on all the lines (corrupted lines) on everything except the FMVs, making it unplayable.
But now thanks to Interlaced mode, the game finally is playable on WiiStation without that nasty glitch.
Yes, I know. but for me several versions ago that did not have the interlaced mode as an option and it worked fine for me

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
vanark has been working for several versions and trhill kill has been working for a long time, what happens is that you have to do something to get past the screen that stays black, it is explained in this forum
I think they were using bad dumps? Haha. Same happened with that Tetris for PS1 which name i cant remember right now xD
Also, what was that workaround for Thrill Kill? :v

Reactions: 0arsoluto

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Stupid Question: Why when I launch Wiistation, isn't the Version Written at the top of the program or a windows opening when loading? So when someone speaks of a version that Worked for X game, or has a glith for X game or doesn't work anymore, Everyone would be able to tell to whcij version he is refering to, wouldn't be a good Idea?
For example, if it's WiiStation 2.4 (there should be added the difference when loading somewhere like 2.4A ou 2.4E, 2.4 AA

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stupid Question: Why when I launch Wiistation, isn't the Version Written at the top of the program or a windows opening when loading? So when someone speaks of a version that Worked for X game, or has a glith for X game or doesn't work anymore, Everyone would be able to tell to whcij version he is refering to, wouldn't be a good Idea?
For example, if it's WiiStation 2.4 (there should be added the difference when loading somewhere like 2.4A ou 2.4E, 2.4 AA
Yeah I agree, I should make a version notation in the app somewhere. For the builds from my fork.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, was about to reply to the Thrill Kill issue and saw this link actually links back to a post of mine describing how to get into the game. :D The black screen when you load it up is a form of childproofing. Quoting from my previous post:

The game was set up to have a warning screen where you have to hit square and X(Y & B on the Wii classics controller) simultaneously to proceed.

That said, Thrill Kill works *very* nice now, 100% imho. Make sure you have the latest version with all the background music and character endings. It's a very good party game that makes me wish we had a multi-tap version of the latest WiiStation.

NestorM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Heh, was about to reply to the Thrill Kill issue and saw this link actually links back to a post of mine describing how to get into the game. :D The black screen when you load it up is a form of childproofing. Quoting from my previous post:

That said, Thrill Kill works *very* nice now, 100% imho. Make sure you have the latest version with all the background music and character endings. It's a very good party game that makes me wish we had a multi-tap version of the latest WiiStation.

Where can i find this good version ? Do you have a link ? Thanks.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
New version that fixes FF8 battle transitions, Rayman FMVs, Twisted Metal III and speeds up Bloody Roar 2 (runs full speed some of the time now).

You can see the version when you launch the emulator from the homebrew launcher.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV11
Thanks @Jokippo, now Rayman FMVs are displayed correctly now!

EDIT: Thanks again for adding Interlaced mode! I just noticed that when Interlaced mode is disabled, Rayman has some FPS drops, but if i enable it, Rayman actually runs at 100% full speed on Wii!

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks @Jokippo, now Rayman FMVs are displayed correctly now!

EDIT: Thanks again for adding Interlaced mode! I just noticed that when Interlaced mode is disabled, Rayman has some FPS drops, but if i enable it, Rayman actually runs at 100% full speed on Wii!
Interlace mode shouldn't have any effect on 240p games like rayman. I do notice there are some frame pacing issues in that game sometimes, but that seems to be random or recompilation hitches.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New version that fixes FF8 battle transitions, Rayman FMVs, Twisted Metal III and speeds up Bloody Roar 2 (runs full speed some of the time now).

You can see the version when you launch the emulator from the homebrew launcher.

https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240pV11
Hello Jokippo. Thanks for your work and thanks to everyone who collaborates on this emulator and others from the Wii scene. I wanted to ask you a question. I play on crt tv and thanks to my friend Zorg I verified that certain games like tekken 3 or goiken muyou 2 significantly improved speed by activating the interlaced option. tell him that I play with the 240p mode activated too and I notice that change in the speed improvement but I don't seem to notice anything else in the graphic section (it seems that it is still 240p with its scanlines). What does it really do to activate the interlaced option in the wiistation configuration menu, having the 240p option also activated. Does anything change the visual appearance? Or does it only change the speed of the game? because I don't notice that it affects the view as it usually does with interlaced video. Does the game actually have both options (240p and interlaced) activated? Is the interlaced option the one that is really activated over the 240p option and is the game being displayed in interlaced?. As I read in a comment, the use of the interlaced mode has different results depending on the game, is it like this when played on a CRT TV with RGB cable? thank you for your effort and for having implemented 240p, which was a goal that I longed for. all the best

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello Jokippo. Thanks for your work and thanks to everyone who collaborates on this emulator and others from the Wii scene. I wanted to ask you a question. I play on crt tv and thanks to my friend Zorg I verified that certain games like tekken 3 or goiken muyou 2 significantly improved speed by activating the interlaced option. tell him that I play with the 240p mode activated too and I notice that change in the speed improvement but I don't seem to notice anything else in the graphic section (it seems that it is still 240p with its scanlines). What does it really do to activate the interlaced option in the wiistation configuration menu, having the 240p option also activated. Does anything change the visual appearance? Or does it only change the speed of the game? because I don't notice that it affects the view as it usually does with interlaced video. Does the game actually have both options (240p and interlaced) activated? Is the interlaced option the one that is really activated over the 240p option and is the game being displayed in interlaced?. As I read in a comment, the use of the interlaced mode has different results depending on the game, is it like this when played on a CRT TV with RGB cable? thank you for your effort and for having implemented 240p, which was a goal that I longed for. all the best
Interlace mode doesn't activate when the game renders in 240p. So I am not sure why people are seeing a difference in speed.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Interlace mode doesn't activate when the game renders in 240p. So I am not sure why people are seeing a difference in speed.

Tekken 3, Goiken Muyou and other fighting games run in a "high res" thats not exactly 480i but not 240p either.

Every single one of these games gets a boost in speed.

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tekken 3 really speeds up if i turn on interlaced mode, thats without turning on 240p
Does the game actually have both options (240p and interlaced) activated? Is the interlaced option the one that is really activated over the 240p option and is the game being displayed in interlaced?
I see part of the confusion, tekken 3 runs in 480i mode regardless of the 240p setting. 240p mode just allows the game to send a 240p signal to the TV if the game runs natively in 240p. But if a game (or menu/boot logo) is supposed to run in 480i then it will send a 480i/480p signal, even when the 240p setting is enabled.

Interlaced rendering only kicks in when the game sets itself to 480i mode. This is the same behavior that a real psx uses.

Tekken 3, Goiken Muyou and other fighting games run in a "high res" thats not exactly 480i but not 240p either.

Every single one of these games gets a boost in speed.
Yes, any game that runs in interlaced mode, which is any game that has a vertical resolution higher than 240 for NTSC or 256 for PAL, will benefit.

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, would anyone be able to help me with the following:
the latest build for wiistation
any artwork i can use to make an overclock-enabled wii u to vwii forwarder

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see part of the confusion, tekken 3 runs in 480i mode regardless of the 240p setting. 240p mode just allows the game to send a 240p signal to the TV if the game runs natively in 240p. But if a game (or menu/boot logo) is supposed to run in 480i then it will send a 480i/480p signal, even when the 240p setting is enabled.

Interlaced rendering only kicks in when the game sets itself to 480i mode. This is the same behavior that a real psx uses.

Yes, any game that runs in interlaced mode, which is any game that has a vertical resolution higher than 240 for NTSC or 256 for PAL, will benefit.
hello. I have two observations.
1. I was testing games and Tobal 2 when I have 240p on and interlacing enabled creates a lot of tearing that can be easily seen in the background of the screen (even two or three lines of tearing in the same image). On some occasions (when the screen rotates) a lack of coordination between the background and the foreground image occurs not only in that game but also in Tekken 3 and the Bugi, something like a ghosting effect.
2. Would it be possible to create another dol of the emulator that attends to another configuration of the same? I mean, have the wiistation emulator with the settingsRX2022.cfg configuration and then another wiistation dol but with a settingsRX2022INTERLACED.cfg configuration so that we can launch the games from wiiflow automatically with the configuration with the interlaced video option enabled by default and not having to enter the emulator menu. Could that dol be done with that alternative configuration?
thank you. all the best

MGun94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long-time lerker, first-time poster. Just curious as to why the NES, SNES emulators for Wii are capable of emulating the Light Gun and SNES Mouse using the Wii Remote, yet we haven't seen any Light Gun or Mouse support on any of the Playstation emulators? I would love to play through Alien Resurrection using the motion controls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.