PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guncon is working great so far, but the cursor is a little off. The cursor seems to be a little bit lower of where youre actually shooting. Tested multiple games.
You are right, after calibrating using the ingame calibration screen, the target lines up, but by default the target was off by 25 pixels. This is fixed in the next version, as well as the 16:9 problem.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can anyone point me to the best configuration? now there are too many options and I'm not sure what they do, and what is the best game format to use?
By default, i recommend enabling the "Interlaced" option, disable "Dithering" (set it to "None"), and turning off the "Show FPS" option.
If the games you play goes slow, then you can try enabling "Frame Skip".
You can click in the "Screen Mode" option (the 4:3 one) for switch between 4:3, 16:9 (only menu) and Force 16:9 (on menu and game).

The best game format you can use are BIN/CUEs, but you can also use ISOs.
Post automatically merged:

What about the playstation mouse? is that a possibility?
There were over a hundred playstation games that utilized the mouse, while only around thirty that used the light gun.
@Jokippo Same question but for the PlayStation multitap.
Like the Mouse, the Multitap is used on over a hundred games for the PS1 (Crash Team Racing, Captain Commando, S.C.A.R.S., Bomberman Party Edition, etc.)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By default, i recommend enabling the "Interlaced" option, disable "Dithering" (set it to "None"), and turning off the "Show FPS" option.
If the games you play goes slow, then you can try enabling "Frame Skip".
You can click in the "Screen Mode" option (the 4:3 one) for switch between 4:3, 16:9 (only menu) and Force 16:9 (on menu and game).
In the "select CPU core" option, between Interpreter and Dynarec, should I always use Dynarec ?

Also could you explain to me the option deflicker and trap filter?

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks so much for the lightgun support man, the games featuring it are working like a charm. Any chance of adding an option to toggle the crosshair? PS1 games didn't show a reticle like the wii and that addition would possibly make it a more faithful experience.

Gotta say again, to all the ppl adding new stuff to this emulator, and to all the people testing it: Thank you so much!

Last edited by nicknicolau,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
At last, Time Crisis the way God intended.

Thank You so much for doing this for us. I'm gonna get right on testing this.

What about the playstation mouse? is that a possibility?
There were over a hundred playstation games that utilized the mouse, while only around thirty that used the light gun.

Many of those light gun games also supported the mouse as an input, and a mouse is also closer to how a Wii remote works. I believe there are only 2 or 3 games like Point Blank which will only work with either a controller or a guncon

Also, if you don't mind, can i ask you another suggestion for WiiStation: would you accept the challenge for adding proper emulation of the PS1 Multitap to WiiStation? This thing allowed for a max of 4 players to be played in the PS1, and some various games make use of it. And when i say "proper", i also mean that we would also want an option for disable it, or connect virtual multitap to Port 1 (Crash Team Racing), or Port 2 (S.C.A.R.S., etc.)

Thanks a lot for this :)

Funnily enough the emulator that Wiistation is forked off of, WiiSX RX by niuus has a multitap variant. Perhaps the multitap code can be reintegrated back into Wiistation proper so we can enjoy multitap games with additional speed and compatibility.

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the lightgun support man, the games featuring it are working like a charm. Any chance of adding an option to toggle the crosshair? PS1 games didn't show a reticle like the wii and that addition would possibly make it a more faithful experience.

Gotta say again, to all the ppl adding new stuff to this emulator, and to all the testing it: Thank you so much!

I've been thinking about that. The cursor can ruin the light gun experience by making it too easy, but also you need to see the cursor because the Wii approximates what you're pointing at with the sensor bar (whereas a real light gun registers exactly what part of the screen it is pointing at). So without a cursor, it could be a real headache to aim depending on your TV/sensor bar/seating arrangement.

Maybe a toggle button, or a hold-to-see-the-cursor button. Just so the user can familiarize themselves with it when they need to, and then hide it when they are comfortable.

I might add that feature if nobody else adds something similar.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the "select CPU core" option, between Interpreter and Dynarec, should I always use Dynarec ?

Also could you explain to me the option deflicker and trap filter?

1.- Bro, dont bother with them, as far as i know, both Interpreter and Dynarec are ancient relics of the past, this and other more up to date emulators of PS1 (on the wii) utilize this thing called ''lightrec'' which gave a decent leap in speed and performance as well as compatibility to the ps1 emulation scene on the wii, it still not quite there yet but now at smaller steps, we are getting closer at PS1 fully being emulated on the WII when it comes to compatibility and performance to its library, something was previously thought to be an impossibility due to RAM and CPU power, well as i mentioned in the past it just turned out as ditching some of the bloat of the old and coming up with something new.

2.- Trap filter is to reduce the ''rainbowing'' effect caused by dithering and such on games, specially if you plat at 240p, tough the image might become a bit softer in comparison, early builds of the 240p fork lacked the trap filter, then it became default only and then optional, de-flickering is to reduce the ''bleeding'' of the image when displaying 480i on a CRT.

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.- Bro, dont bother with them, as far as i know, both Interpreter and Dynarec are ancient relics of the past, this and other more up to date emulators of PS1 (on the wii) utilize this thing called ''lightrec'' which gave a decent leap in speed and performance as well as compatibility to the ps1 emulation scene on the wii, it still not quite there yet but now at smaller steps, we are getting closer at PS1 fully being emulated on the WII when it comes to compatibility and performance to its library, something was previously thought to be an impossibility due to RAM and CPU power, well as i mentioned in the past it just turned out as ditching some of the bloat of the old and coming up with something new.
It's just that by default the Dynarec option is active in the menu, but thanks for the clarification. 😊

Reactions: SaulFabre

Jpinotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to run Grandia, but the game crashes after trying to access the third floor of Justin's house. Can anyone run Grandia on Wiistation? The game runs very well, audio and speed. but crashes after having dinner with his mother and Sue. If it weren't for that, there would be no complaints. Unfortunately.

Last edited by Jpinotti,

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are analog controls broken with the latest v12 no buttons work at all for me with analog controls enabled? I just tried v11 and analog controls are broken for me on this version too.

Last edited by worm28,

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my tests, "main build" Works Very well.
"New gte" have graphics problems (Spiderman 2 and crash team racing unplayeable)

Edit:

Main test video

I've made one much similar to this. Dunno if it still works on the latest version.

Attachments

• WiiSXR_-_DSXR_-_IOS58.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by SylverReZ,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It's just that by default the Dynarec option is active in the menu, but thanks for the clarification. 😊
But in future versions of WiiStation after 240p_v12 and after 2.4, you will have three cores for select: Interpreter, Lightrec (the new, light multi-platform dynarec by pcercuei) and Dynarec (the improved old PPC dynarec).
For these future versions, using "Lightrec" is your best option. However, if you encounter compatibility problems with Lightrec, you can try using the improved old PPC dynarec ("Dynarec"). And in case the game still have problems with both Lightrec and Dynarec, you can try using "Interpreter".

Are analog controls broken with the latest v12 no buttons work at all for me with analog controls enabled? I just tried v11 and analog controls are broken for me on this version too.
Hrm. Let me try these Analog (DualShock) controls when i get home (right now im working outside and i cant test right now)

Funnily enough the emulator that Wiistation is forked off of, WiiSX RX by niuus has a multitap variant. Perhaps the multitap code can be reintegrated back into Wiistation proper so we can enjoy multitap games with additional speed and compatibility.
Yeah but what i want for the decent Multitap support is a toggle (menu of buttons) for use or not the Multitap.

Like this:
Multitap - [None], [Port 1], [Port 2]

Last edited by SaulFabre,

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Greetings everyone, I want to congratulate @Jokippo and @xjsxjs197 for the excellent work they have been doing with the ps1 emulator, keep working and improving wiistation more and more. I wanted to ask you please, @Jokippo, if you can fix the code dump error in the Grandia game, and also fix a graphical error that exists in the codec conversations in the Metal Gear Solid game (PAL-Spain Version) ^^ Finally, I thank you very much for having already fixed many games that gave code dump error. Greetings from Venezuela <3

Jpinotti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Greetings everyone, I want to congratulate @Jokippo and @xjsxjs197 for the excellent work they have been doing with the ps1 emulator, keep working and improving wiistation more and more. I wanted to ask you please, @Jokippo, if you can fix the code dump error in the Grandia game, and also fix a graphical error that exists in the codec conversations in the Metal Gear Solid game (PAL-Spain Version) ^^ Finally, I thank you very much for having already fixed many games that gave code dump error. Greetings from Venezuela <3
Can you notify us when Grandia Will be fixed?

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Can you notify us when Grandia Will be fixed?
Hi my friend @Jpinotti ^^ well, if the friend Jokippo is taking note of our 2 messages regarding Grandia 1, and metal gear solid (spain) PAL, he will most likely fix it in the ver.13 of wiistation 240p, in any case, let's keep an eye on you and I'm here from the Gbatemp forum :P

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to run Grandia, but the game crashes after trying to access the third floor of Justin's house. Can anyone run Grandia on Wiistation? The game runs very well, audio and speed. but crashes after having dinner with his mother and Sue. If it weren't for that, there would be no complaints. Unfortunately.
That´s a shame, i was able to play and finish USA Grandia (Both discs Japanese Undubed and spanish patched) using the first versions of Wiistation from xjsxjs197 way before the graphics engine change.

BoozUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi guys, Greetings @Jokippo if you can fix this error's screen graphic in metal gear solid PAL (spain) edition, I taked a capture of that error

Attachments

• IMG_20230831_022836.jpg
    IMG_20230831_022836.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl