PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rayman ain't working now. It doesn't get past the PS screen and the SCEA underneath it does not appear. It was working really well on 2.2. Also, thanks so much for the disc swap fix, finished MGS and it was really amazing. And now I got hooked on LSD...the game, lol

Last edited by nicknicolau,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Rayman ain't working now. It doesn't get past the PS screen and the SCEA underneath it does not appear. I was working really well on 2.2. Also, thanks so much for the disc swap fix, finished MGS and it was really amazing. And now I got hooked on LSD...the game, lol
i think it's related to Lightrec, but idk.
Latest WiiSX builds used latest Lightrec since the regression it had now it's fixed.

@xjsxjs197 , any chance for rebuild WiiStation but with latest Lightrec (and GNU Lightning)?

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
New version!

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/releases

Screenshot_20230622-131310.png

Edit:

Last edited by GustavoReis,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I'm trying to load games from usb but it says " error opening directory "usb:/wiisxrx/isos"". Of course the directory exists and there are games there. It loads games correctly from SD but from USB it's like it doesn't read the USB drive at all. I'm already using this drive with usb loader gx and nintendont and it works wonders, and it's connected to port 0. Suggestions?

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I'm trying to load games from usb but it says " error opening directory "usb:/wiisxrx/isos"". Of course the directory exists and there are games there. It loads games correctly from SD but from USB it's like it doesn't read the USB drive at all. I'm already using this drive with usb loader gx and nintendont and it works wonders, and it's connected to port 0. Suggestions?
Works very well for me

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Finally today tried WiiStation 2.4 with the latest Lightrec changes.

Destruction Derby Raw works pretty fine
Tekken 2 also works fine at full speed
Rayman also works pretty fine at full speed

Also, Vib-Ribbon is a lot more stable, no crashes in my tests.
But, a small disclaimer. Please enable the Frameskip (turn it to ON) for avoid audio noise when loading/playing the CDDA music, this applies on all cases (if you're playing with the original Vib-Ribbon music or with your own Mixed-Mode CDs ISOs or BIN/CUEs with custom audio).

(BTW, the custom music is now playing 100% on Vib-Ribbon, no microstops on my tests)

Rayman ain't working now. It doesn't get past the PS screen and the SCEA underneath it does not appear. It was working really well on 2.2. Also, thanks so much for the disc swap fix, finished MGS and it was really amazing. And now I got hooked on LSD...the game, lol
@nicknicolau Try using the latest WiiStation 2.4, for me Rayman loaded pretty fine and it's playable.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

The multiple language features of this emulator is quite nice I must say and I would like to see it integrated in both future versions of mainline WiiSX and also Not64/Wii64, however the emulation speed is slower than WiiSX 3.0 right now (somewhere between 5 to 10 FPS despite having the same lightrec) so unless you have a WiiU it's not the most ideal emulator to use if you're looking for performance.

I did test the faster loading games and it's actually an incredible difference, lego island 2 takes somewhere around 30 seconds to start a new game normally on WiiSX 3.0 and on Wiistation 2.4 it only takes 11 to 12 seconds, that's a major difference and I would say a good sign for potentially making it an option for all games, as I'm sure everyone would appreciate having load times cut by a third or a half.

nicknicolau

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@nicknicolau Try using the latest WiiStation 2.4, for me Rayman loaded pretty fine and it's playable.
LOL, i just realized the problem. I was renaming the .bin/.cue files to remove the (USA)'s and (JAPAN)'s. Just found out that you also gotta open the .cue file with a text editor to change the .bin tracks there. Feeling like a dumbass ngl.

Also, really cool that Vib-Ribbon is playing nicely now. I'll probably fiddle around sometime with some custom music too!

Last edited by nicknicolau,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yeah but i won't compile it by now because we're stuck with current old GNU Lightning / Lightrec library files for WiiStation, which is missing the fixes for dynarec, Destruction Derby Raw, and Vib-Ribbon.

@xjsxjs197, could you update your libogc2/GNU Lightning/lightrec files on your WiiStation repo on GitHub?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, what are the "problem" psx games that have difficulty reaching full speed?

I know Tekken 3 is one for starters.

Bloody Roar 2 is the absolute slowest, fully playable game, it runs at anywhere between 45 fps to 30 fps. But it is one of the most technically impressive PSX games running at a really high resolution. Fighter Maker is also slow if you let it run some attract mode demos but the game just hard crashes if you actually try playing it so it doesn't matter.

All the games I've found that don't run full speed are mostly 3D fighting games, so Bloody Roar 2, Ergheiz, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, Goiken Muyou 2 all have issues reaching full speed and require frameskipping to be turned on.

Tekken 3 itself will run full speed on WiiSX 3.0 if you use one of those "ripped" isos aka no music, it just barely edges out full speed with minor dips. I haven't tried it with other games since WiiSX now seemingly runs everything else at full speed on the Wii but if you really wanna squeeze some extra frames out I would recommend trying it yourself.

I haven't tested any of these games on a WiiU with software overclock and I'm surprised nobody else here has either but I imagine with an overclock all of those games run full speed too.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Anyways, i managed to compile latest GNU Lightning / Lightrec with the libOGC2 files by xjsxjs197.
1687711632788.png

I will try renaming the files like xjsxjs197 did for his lightrec files and i will try recompiling.

All the games I've found that don't run full speed are mostly 3D fighting games, so Bloody Roar 2, Ergheiz, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, Goiken Muyou 2 all have issues reaching full speed and require frameskipping to be turned on.
Tekken 3 runs on WiiStation with some framedrops too, but u can use Frameskip too :P
BTW, what other 3D game genres are also not running full speed?

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Tekken 3 runs on WiiStation with some framedrops too, but u can use Frameskip too :P
BTW, what other 3D game genres are also not running full speed?

Honestly it's just 3D fighting games from what I've tested. Fighting games are also unique in that they're particularly sensitive to frame dropping and slowdowns, whereas other genres like RPGs, racers and puzzle games it's very hard to notice.

I would say the second slowest 3D genre would probably have to be 3D platforming games. Games like Croc, Spyro and Legacy of Kain will experience some minor slowdown (especially if you have dithering enabled) but you'd have to be paying really close attention to the FPS counter to even notice it. Everything else like racers, FPS games and RPG games have been full speed even with full dithering on.

I would dare say almost everything runs full speed (assuming you have dithering disabled) if it isn't a 3D fighting game. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary I haven't seen it.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest WiiStation build on main branch as of June 25, 2023 ;) until commit / git 01bb1e80
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/01bb1e80364cd1ec2db3c1afd5e99c99de6476ee

Latest change is importing the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU code from WiiSX (PCSXGC) by emu_kidid, with some optimizations, for reach a bit more speed on PS1 emulation.

Compiled with latest GNU Lightning and Lightrec as of June 25, 2023, with that some more games are now working properly, like NHL Open Ice (before it crashed before main menu), Sled Storm (before it had no music when on game), also Vib-Ribbon (before it was a bit unstable), and Destruction Derby Raw (before the menus was slow, now it's perfect).

I would dare say almost everything runs full speed (assuming you have dithering disabled) if it isn't a 3D fighting game. If anyone has any evidence to the contrary I haven't seen it.
WiiStation also has Dithering disabled by default since it was forked from @niuus' WiiSXRX.

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_01bb1e80_25062023.zip
    977.6 KB · Views: 17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.