GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Última compilação do WiiStation na ramificação principal de 25 de junho de 2023 ;)até o commit / git 01bb1e80
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/01bb1e80364cd1ec2db3c1afd5e99c99de6476ee

A última alteração é a importação do PEOp.S. Código Soft GPU do WiiSX (PCSXGC) por emu_kidid, com algumas otimizações, para atingir um pouco mais de velocidade na emulação de PS1.

Compilado com o último GNU Lightning e Lightrec em 25 de junho de 2023, com isso mais alguns jogos estão funcionando corretamente, como NHL Open Ice (antes de travar antes do menu principal), Sled Storm (antes não tinha música durante o jogo), também Vib-Ribbon (antes era um pouco instável), e Destruction Derby Raw (antes os menus eram lentos, agora está perfeito).

WiiStation also has Dithering disabled by default since it was forked from @niuus' WiiSXRX.
Thank's @SaulFabre

Reactions: SaulFabre

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest WiiStation build on main branch as of June 25, 2023 ;) until commit / git 01bb1e80
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/01bb1e80364cd1ec2db3c1afd5e99c99de6476ee

Latest change is importing the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU code from WiiSX (PCSXGC) by emu_kidid, with some optimizations, for reach a bit more speed on PS1 emulation.

Compiled with latest GNU Lightning and Lightrec as of June 25, 2023, with that some more games are now working properly, like NHL Open Ice (before it crashed before main menu), Sled Storm (before it had no music when on game), also Vib-Ribbon (before it was a bit unstable), and Destruction Derby Raw (before the menus was slow, now it's perfect).

WiiStation also has Dithering disabled by default since it was forked from @niuus' WiiSXRX.

Just tried it out, it basically has the same speed as WiiSX 3.0 now, there might be some small differences in performance either better or worse which can easily be chalked up to compiler differences but overall from my testing the performance is more or less on par with WiiSX 3.0 which is great since it's a good foundation to further build off of.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested four games

Tekken 3 runs between 47-50 fps with no frameskip turned on

Destruction Derby Raw works between 57-59 fps

Gran Turismo gave dsi error after Sony computer screen

jarrett and labonte keep going back to the wii menu after the initial screen, but a different error occurred after I opened the emulator again, the usb directory was no longer being recognized, just turning off and on again the video game that solved it

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloody Roar 2 is the absolute slowest, fully playable game, it runs at anywhere between 45 fps to 30 fps. But it is one of the most technically impressive PSX games running at a really high resolution. Fighter Maker is also slow if you let it run some attract mode demos but the game just hard crashes if you actually try playing it so it doesn't matter.

All the games I've found that don't run full speed are mostly 3D fighting games, so Bloody Roar 2, Ergheiz, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, Goiken Muyou 2 all have issues reaching full speed and require frameskipping to be turned on.

Tekken 3 itself will run full speed on WiiSX 3.0 if you use one of those "ripped" isos aka no music, it just barely edges out full speed with minor dips. I haven't tried it with other games since WiiSX now seemingly runs everything else at full speed on the Wii but if you really wanna squeeze some extra frames out I would recommend trying it yourself.
Ok, that seems to match my limited testing experience. Ergheiz and DoA wouldn't run for me either without frame skipping. Ergheiz needs a full frame rate, for me to enjoy at least, and hoo-boy DoA did *NOT* age well considering what it's especially known for. Yikes.
Post automatically merged:

Latest WiiStation build on main branch as of June 25, 2023 ;) until commit / git 01bb1e80

Latest change is importing the P.E.Op.S. Soft GPU code from WiiSX (PCSXGC) by emu_kidid, with some optimizations, for reach a bit more speed on PS1 emulation.

Compiled with latest GNU Lightning and Lightrec as of June 25, 2023, with that some more games are now working properly, like NHL Open Ice (before it crashed before main menu), Sled Storm (before it had no music when on game), also Vib-Ribbon (before it was a bit unstable), and Destruction Derby Raw (before the menus was slow, now it's perfect).
Primal Rage now crashes before going to the title screen in this build.

Last edited by Qaztab,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
More changes

Screenshot_20230626-225314.png

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, I was surprised by how much this emulator has improved recently. The only thing missing was 240p.

I made a fork with some 240p support. I don't know if this is the proper way to do this, but it seems to work for me. This should work on most TV's but I could only test it on a PAL and PAL60 TV.

Enable the 240p option under the Video tab. It should auto switch between 240p and 480i in game.

Not allowed to post links so go here:
Github com Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, I was surprised by how much this emulator has improved recently. The only thing missing was 240p.

I made a fork with some 240p support. I don't know if this is the proper way to do this, but it seems to work for me. This should work on most TV's but I could only test it on a PAL and PAL60 TV.

Enable the 240p option under the Video tab. It should auto switch between 240p and 480i in game.

Amazing :O

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

@Jokippo This seems nice, i would try to compile it and post a test build.

EDIT: Nevermind, you all can test this with the build on GitHub: https://github.com/Jokippo/WiiSXRX_2022240p/releases/tag/v2.4-240p

@Jokippo What I suggest is sending a PR (pull request) to upstream so @xjsxjs197 can review it.

Reactions: september796

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I tried a bit, and games do work in 240p once you select it; my Wii is PAL, playing on Progressive Scan (so on official component cables and 60Hz) if that helps.

It's pretty great to see 240p on this emulator, but it surprised me a lot when even in 240p, the emulator has that blurry filter turned on. On my end there's not much difference between 480p and 240p.

About Wii U... As far as I know it does not support 240p, I guess having that option turned ON will not output anything.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
About Wii U... As far as I know it does not support 240p, I guess having that option turned ON will not output anything.
The Wii U can't output 240p, so if enabled 240p on Wii U, it would display a black screen because it can't output said resolution.

For now I am curious if this works properly on NTSC TV
I know somebody that can help with testing your 240p feature add on NTSC TVs.
Pinging @Zorg07

Reactions: Zorg07

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried a bit, and games do work in 240p once you select it; my Wii is PAL, playing on Progressive Scan (so on official component cables and 60Hz) if that helps.

It's pretty great to see 240p on this emulator, but it surprised me a lot when even in 240p, the emulator has that blurry filter turned on. On my end there's not much difference between 480p and 240p.

Are you playing on a CRT TV? on my PAL60 TV with composite cables the image looks quite sharp, just like the 'original' mode in other emulators such as snes9xgx.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a crt that has a component cable, but it's not here, it's in another city where my father lives, so I tested it quickly here on my LCD (Pal-M Brazil) which is one of the first models still with a 240p signal, as I use it the wii2hdmi, I don't know if it interferes with anything, but apparently it identifies the signal because of the change of lines as you can see in the video, observe that the audio cdda is not playing in this version, at least it didn't work here.

Last edited by GustavoReis,

Jokippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a crt that has a component cable, but it's not here, it's in another city where my father lives, so I tested it quickly here on my lcd (Pal-M Brazil) which is one of the first models still with a 240p signal, as I use it the wii2hdmi, I don't know if it interferes with anything, but apparently it identifies the signal because of the change of lines as you can see in the video, observe that the audio cdda is not playing in this version, at least it didn't work here.

Oh, I didn't really consider upscalers like the wii2hdmi. On a regular hdtv 240p isn't going to look any better than 480p/480i unless you use a fancy upscaler like an OSSC, and switching between the modes will look weird or delayed. 240p is really meant for CRT's only.

Actually I don't know if this would work on a PAL-M CRT TV. I'll have to look into that.

Last edited by Jokippo,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
observe that the audio cdda is not playing in this version, at least it didn't work here.
@Jokippo

Same issue here. Before that change, CDDA played fine, now with the 240p changes it doesn't even play...
UPDATE: Looks like that even upstream WiiStation also had CDDA broken.
I think this commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a6ed0bd10404d183c4aca5feb38d0d170e780946 broke CDDA music/track support. (pinging @xjsxjs197)

My bad, @Jokippo didn't broke CDDA with 240p, the WiiStation itself had CDDA broken from that commit.

I have a crt that has a component cable, but it's not here, it's in another city where my father lives, so I tested it quickly here on my LCD (Pal-M Brazil) which is one of the first models still with a 240p signal, as I use it the wii2hdmi, I don't know if it interferes with anything, but apparently it identifies the signal because of the change of lines as you can see in the video, observe that the audio cdda is not playing in this version, at least it didn't work here.

@GustavoReis

I detected the cause of the CDDA music not playing.
It's caused by this commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a6ed0bd10404d183c4aca5feb38d0d170e780946

This commit broke CDDA support... :(

Last edited by SaulFabre,
Reactions: GustavoReis

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you playing on a CRT TV? on my PAL60 TV with composite cables the image looks quite sharp, just like the 'original' mode in other emulators such as snes9xgx.
No, I don't play on a CRT. I use an LCD with an OSSC, so it is even easier to notice. If I compare the picture to other emulators such as Retro Arch and mGBA, or just any GC or Wii game without deflicker, it's quite obvious.

I wanted also to point out that I've found out that audio seems to have a delay? Like, it's easy to hear it it with sound effects in menus for example, you move a cursor and the sound comes later than the action.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bloody Roar 2 is the absolute slowest, fully playable game, it runs at anywhere between 45 fps to 30 fps. But it is one of the most technically impressive PSX games running at a really high resolution. Fighter Maker is also slow if you let it run some attract mode demos but the game just hard crashes if you actually try playing it so it doesn't matter.

All the games I've found that don't run full speed are mostly 3D fighting games, so Bloody Roar 2, Ergheiz, Tekken 3, Dead or Alive, Slap Happy Rhythm Busters, Goiken Muyou 2 all have issues reaching full speed and require frameskipping to be turned on.

Tekken 3 itself will run full speed on WiiSX 3.0 if you use one of those "ripped" isos aka no music, it just barely edges out full speed with minor dips. I haven't tried it with other games since WiiSX now seemingly runs everything else at full speed on the Wii but if you really wanna squeeze some extra frames out I would recommend trying it yourself.

I haven't tested any of these games on a WiiU with software overclock and I'm surprised nobody else here has either but I imagine with an overclock all of those games run full speed too.

Funny enough Kamen Rider works at full speed, and thats a 60fps game, it only used to chug a little during the high resolution menus, but aside from that, it really aint a very demanding game, also 2.5D games are a mix bad, depends if they run natively at 30 or 60fps.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Brazil
@Jokippo

Same issue here. Before that change, CDDA played fine, now with the 240p changes it doesn't even play...
UPDATE: Looks like that even upstream WiiStation also had CDDA broken.
I think this commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a6ed0bd10404d183c4aca5feb38d0d170e780946 broke CDDA music/track support. (pinging @xjsxjs197)

My bad, @Jokippo didn't broke CDDA with 240p, the WiiStation itself had CDDA broken from that commit.

@GustavoReis

I detected the cause of the CDDA music not playing.
It's caused by this commit https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/a6ed0bd10404d183c4aca5feb38d0d170e780946

This commit broke CDDA support... :(
@xjsxjs197 solved this problem :lol:

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@xjsxjs197 solved this problem :lol:
@GustavoReis i saw it was fixed on code, I will try to compile the new changes later.

@Jokippo we have tested your 240p mod on a NTSC TV (a CRT one).
It doesn't work if using a NTSC TV (black screen when trying to use your 240p mode on a NTSC TV).
Any fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0