Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I see, so basically it's not seeing that you have the X, Y, RX, and RY axes setup. It uses a simple axis exist check to make sure they are their before mapping them, maybe something is interrupting the results. Do you have PPJoy installed?

EDIT: I also meant to mention that I will be adding manual joystick axis assignments.

After configuring vJoy?

No I dont have PPJoy installed, perhaps there is another program that its conflicting with...

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a bit of an issue with Beta 4. Any games that I configure with the Y Axis say that it's inverted now, and for games that only say Y Axis for up and down are pretty much unplayable because of it.

EDIT:

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a bit of an issue with Beta 4. Any games that I configure with the Y Axis say that it's inverted now, and for games that only say Y Axis for up and down are pretty much unplayable because of it.

I forgot to check the joystick for Beta 4... :glare:
I'll be adding manual joystick axis assignment (I may have meant to put it in this one...) so I will be fixing that then. I'd hate to make ya wait another week but I only get time to work on it about once maybe twice a week. At least Beta 3 isn't inverted for the joystick... sorry bout that, I hate inverted.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to check the joystick for Beta 4... :glare:
I'll be adding manual joystick axis assignment (I may have meant to put it in this one...) so I will be fixing that then. I'd hate to make ya wait another week but I only get time to work on it about once maybe twice a week. At least Beta 3 isn't inverted for the joystick... sorry bout that, I hate inverted.

It's ok, I've still got my 360 controller, and everything else I use works fine, so I'ts not that big of a deal (plus I'm going to Italy, which means I won't be using my PC at all this week :P).

Nate1492

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble at the connection step. I am able to sync and get a device name, but it doesn't show the same name.

I know it's the right device as it only is registered if I sync the controller:

The device name is just some hex:

40:F4:07:CB:64:C0

And when I try to move to the next step of 'please choose the Bluetooth device you wish to use' I get an error of
"Detection of service failed."

Any suggestions?

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Could you add a feature to have turbo on joystick keys? Not only when assigning keyboard keys.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when I try to move to the next step of 'please choose the Bluetooth device you wish to use' I get an error of
"Detection of service failed."

Any suggestions?

That hex number is just the Device Address so it's probably having trouble getting the Device Name for some reason.

Try using the "Custom Mode" to connect it and see if it lets you manually select the Human Interface Device Service Class.

Could you add a feature to have turbo on joystick keys? Not only when assigning keyboard keys.
Yes, I will be adding this. The joystick button presses are handled a little differently so I have to approach the turbo differently as well.

EDIT: Also I fixed the privacy setting of the video link, sorry bout that for those of you trying to watch it.

Nate1492

Trophies
XP
Country
That hex number is just the Device Address so it's probably having trouble getting the Device Name for some reason.

Try using the "Custom Mode" to connect it and see if it lets you manually select the Human Interface Device Service Class..

Custom Mode doesn't change anything at this point. I still need to search and then select the above hex named device, click next, and then the failure message.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, well here's a stab in the dark, have you ever connected it to the microsoft stack? My thinking here is that I've seen the MS stack identify it as a game controller, perhaps it can retrieve and set information that may be useful to the TS stack, it's a longshot though.
Also, has it ever been connected to a Wii U? Not that it should really make any difference, just trying to narrow down the issue. If you're unlucky it'll be the BT dongle or the onboard BT, whichever you are using to connect it to.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay now i'm having a new issue.
When WiinUPro reads the VJoy Device it only recognises 8 buttons.
1.png

But in the Game Controllers Windows it says it has 20 buttons.
2.png

Does anyone have a solution to make WiinUPro recognise the buttons?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When WiinUPro reads the VJoy Device it only recognises 8 buttons.
But in the Game Controllers Windows it says it has 20 buttons.

Only think I could think of is reconfiguring the joystick device, or try adding another...

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
I can add another, but Wiinupro has problems reading the second device if there isn't a first one. For example you must configure devices 1,2,3 if you want to use 4.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I have it looking for joysticks sequentially until it finds one that does not exist, in other words it assumes if Joy 2 does not exist then neither does Joy 3 and above. Though, I suppose it's not much trouble to check all of the 16 possible joysticks to see if they exist, probably has little effect on the startup time of the program.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a small issue with loading configurations on Beta 5. Whenever I load a configuration, the Right Arrow key is assigned to the DPad Right button regardless of what's saved in the config.

That aside, this program is getting better and better! Thanks for working on it and sharing it with us :D

Reactions: KeyPuncher

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can also vouch for the issue mentioned by Heimdallr.

KeyPuncher, is there any way you could possibly implement a mouse option for up and down on a scroll wheel? I'm not sure how hard it might be to emulate that input, but I know it would be useful. For example, Minecraft uses the scroll wheel to go through the items in the hotbar of the inventory. I have been using your new Shift Assignments function to rotate the DPad as the 1-0 buttons on the keyboard, but that is a little inconvenient when a simple bumper button scroll wheel combo could perform the task with less difficulty..

Reactions: KeyPuncher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday