OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
[EDIT] please scroll down to my last post for an update on my problem, which is wiimotes not working in the HBC, the HBC being upside down even though it's on an unmodified IOS58 and various other crap. WTF happened to my Wii?

Simply said: whatever homebrew I try to load to hack my Wii, as soon as a message 'Press A to continue' appears: my Wiimotes stop working no matter what and will not reconnect to my Wii, no matter what.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Barbapapa said:
Simply said: whatever homebrew I try to load to hack my Wii, as soon as a message 'Press A to continue' appears: my Wiimotes stop working no matter what and will not reconnect to my Wii, no matter what.

Well if the Wiimote works in HBC it´s not a HBC fault. Seems more as the app you use does have a bug or error.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
nIxx said:
Well if the Wiimote works in HBC it´s not a HBC fault. Seems more as the app you use does have a bug or error.

Well before I updated to 1.0.7 everything worked fine.
And now: ALL apps loaded from the homebrew channel lose contact with the wiimore the second you have to start the app and press a to continue, so you can never continue.
ALL apps have this problem.

Suggestions welcome.

UPDATE: Updated to 4.3 using NIntendo's own updater because it overwrites and stubs all isos.
HBC updated itself to 1.0.8

STILL the same problem.
APPS lose contact with the Wiimotes after they load and ask you to press A.

So: on 4.3 (Official), HBC 1.0.8 (Hackmii updater). And we are still no go using anything from within the HBC.

HELP: ANYBODY?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
run through one of the 4.3 hacking guides to install patched IOS36 and a cios

your apps probably don't work cause of a stubbed IOS249 or an unpatched IOS36

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
You could try reseting you sysconf sync settings, then resyncing the wiimotes.

To reset the wiimotes that are synced...

1- power on wii
2- hold the red sync button on the wii for about 30 seconds

Then resync them on the sys menu and try the hbc> apps again.

If this doesn't work then you have an IOS problem and anyone willing to help would need more details about what apps cause the problem.

btw 4.3 official update doesn't overwrite IOS that have a maxed out version number, just fyi.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
HBC 1.0.8 upside down
The HBC 1.0.8 is upside down. It uses IOS58 (which is new in 4.3 right? It was installed by Nintendo's 4.3 update I guess so it's unmodified by myself) -> so why the HBC 1.0.8 is upside down? No idea. An uninstall and reinstall does not fix it and it states that it is indeed using IOS 58.

Dop-Mii and Firmware 4.3b updater not working
As soon as I launch Dop-Mii, Firmware Updater 4.3b or anything from the system menu: the Wiimotes lose their signal. Re-syncing them with the red buttons works in the system menu, but the problem persists in the HBC (which is, I suspect on a clean IOS 58 to begin with).

WAD Manager 1.7 worked, once
WAD Manager 1.7 had the same problem. After trying and retrying it worked. Once. I used it to make sure I had a clean IOS58 and reinstalled the clean WAD off the SD card (IOS58 6175, right?).

What do I want?
- I want the HBC right side up, using a clean IOS 58.
- I want HBC stuff to not lose contact with my Wiimotes
- I want cIOS v20 installed or a patched 15 and/or 36: but Dop-Mii won't work.

Where do I begin?

[EDIT] sorry: double post

Used TBR (mod) to instal IOS 41, restore IOS 15, install IOS 36 patched, restore IOS 15

Used ios 36 to use AnyTitleDeleter to remove stub IOS 249 and 250
Used ios 36 to install Waninkoko Cios20 (57 base) in 249 and (38 base) in 250.

Now what do I do?

DopMii and Firmware Updater 4.3 (Safe) both disconnect from the Wiimotes. Still.
And HBC is still upside down.

So am I correct in assuming I still need some way of reinstalling IOS58?
And after that: how do I get Dop Mii to work?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice edit tj
smile.gif

Barbapapa.. your wii sounds pretty messed up.

The HBC is either a problem created from installing it from a wad or an IOS problem.

I'm taking a guess and saying you had hacked the Wii before you updated to 4.3 ??
Did you have some version of cIOScorps on your Wii, did you patch any IOS or did you install any IOS from a .wad ??

Also you said....
" As soon as I launch Dop-Mii, Firmware Updater 4.3b or anything from the system menu "
I'm wondering what you mean when you say you launched they .dols from the system menu ??
Do you mean a channel ??

If so then maybe the channel is loading into a broken/stubbed or missing IOS. If it did you would lose sync of your wiimotes.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@DrAngel: No Gamecube Controllers present in this house

@Slimmmmmm: I hacked my Wii before 4.3 yeah. It was updated to 4.2 using Waninkoko's Safe Updater (I assume that patches loads of things). But wasn't 4.3 supposed to overwite it all? I do know that it did overwrite 222, 223, and 249 and 250. I had to restore the Trucha Bug in 36 to get AnyTitleDeleter to remove the stubs and reinstall Waninkoko's Cios rev20 in 249 and 250 using atrucha 36. (Are you still with me hehehe). OMG! Seriously.

Dop-Mii still won't load. I need SOME way to restore my Wii to a virgin Wii and go from there. Because I have a feeling my IOS are messed up and 4.3 did not install properly.

So: with Dop-Mii not working... and IOS 249 (base57) and 250 (base38) present. On a 4.3E updated through Nintendo, from a 4.2 Updated through Waninkoko... with HBC 1.0.8 (upside down: even though in a proper untouched IOS 58 and from the Hackmii installer released earlier today)...

How do I get my IOS clean 4.3? (without restubbing). And how do I get the freaking HBC right side up. And how do I install Hermes again because I want my Wii to be hackable and play USB disc content. (Hermes wont install either: crashes with a gazillion errors).

Yes Slimmmmmm: my Wii may be a bigger mess than I realise.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TJ: Syscheck tells me:

NAND Certificate: Success.
189 Titles
27 IOS
10 stubs
System on 58 R6175 (4.3E)

And then when it wants to check IOS Vulnerabilities (please wait) it freezes and the disc drive starts blinking....

Ehm. Not good huh?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You seem to have quite a few screwed up IOSs. Overwrite them with DOP-Mii or use the darkcorp uninstaller to get them clean.

After that stuff should work again.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slowking said:
You seem to have quite a few screwed up IOSs. Overwrite them with DOP-Mii or use the darkcorp uninstaller to get them clean.
After that stuff should work again.

Dop-Mii doesn't work (see previous post: it freezes at the moment I am supposed to press A).
Will try darkcorp: never used it before. Is it safe?

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will it only uninstall cIOS? Because I dont wanna brick my Wii.
Or can it replace the installation with a full overwrite of a nice and clean 4.3? That'd be nice too.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Barbapapa said:
Will it only uninstall cIOS? Because I dont wanna brick my Wii.
Or can it replace the installation with a full overwrite of a nice and clean 4.3? That'd be nice too.
The DARKCORP unistaller will install clean IOSs only.

Barbapapa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Darkcorp ran succesfully. Result is that the next game I played wanted to do a system update and it was old (Samba De Amigo) even though I was on 4.3
I updated through nintendo again to restore the 4.3 official.
TBR mod wont downgrade the IOS15 now. And 249 and 250 are stubbed again, 36 has no trucha.
No USB loading for me then for now. (I have a chipped Wii so games will have to load from disc then and no wad installing for now).

I give up for now.

bruticus0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having a similar problem after the firmware updater 4.2. My hbc is upside down. It uses ios35. wiimote won't work on any apps. not even gecko os. sending the hackmii boot via wiiload disconnects the wiimote too. so i can't reinstall hackmii. bannerbomb also won't install using wii's sd menu. I'm currently trying to use the idiana hack to get HBC reinstalled using a clean ios. I first used updater 4.0, then the 4.2. I hope i have a clean one left in there somewhere. any other suggestions? thankx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!