Mario Kart Wii doesn't recognise GC-Controller anymore and goes blank if shutdown via Wiimote or if trying to go back to USB-Loader GX

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the title says it all.
Mario Kart Wii stopped to recognise my original Gamecube controller. It works in USB Loader GX which Priiloader boots directly upon power on the Wii. But after starting the game the GCC stopps working. I tried all 4 GC ports of my Wii.
And if I try to shut it down by holding the Power button on the Wiimote the screen goes black, the Wiimote shuts down and the light inside the Wiis power button remains green. The Wii is than unresponsive and the Wiimote can't be turned on again. I have to push the Wiis power button until it shuts down. After that the Wii can be turned on normally again.
The same behaviour occurs if I try to exit the game via the home button on the Wiimote and select back to Wii menu.

What should I try to solve this problem? I already used SysChecker 2.5.0 Modmii Edition and installed all suggested updates Modmii suggested based on this SysCheck.csv.

Payoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hi, I had similar problem with my Wii and it turned out I had broken controller. I'd sugges to try another controller if possible.
Also, how are you launching the game? Have you launched it from an usb loader or are you playing original disc?

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks.
I have a softmodded Wii and launched the game via USB-Loader GX 1281. Outside the game while navigating the USB-Loader GX the controller works fine. I used GC-Controller Test and akkording to it all buttons and sticks are working fine.

Payoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
OK, then I would suggest to try another USB loader like *Configurable USB Loader*.
Also if you have a real game disc try it and see what happens.
Is it acting badly in any other game (Wii, GameCube, WiiWare, Emulator, etc...)?

Also, please dont mind my question ''how are you launching the game?...''' it was a hard day for me so I'm losing focus.

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will try another loader aswell as other GC-Controllers. And I will dig my attic storage for the original disk and try that, too.
I dont mind at all, every effort at helping is appreciated.

Edit:
Is there a list Wii games that support GC-Controller?

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately not. I just had no time this week.
The GCC works with the disk version from MKW. I ripped it again with Cleanrip but the problem persists when trying to load it with ULGX.
I also tried SSBB, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours. Same behaviour sadly.
And no Wii game can go back to ULGX nor can I power down the Wii with the remote while playing a game. The screen just goes blank but the power button stays green and the remote shuts down.

Edit:
And just to be clear it worked until some weeks ago and nothing I did, even putting an old image of my SD-Card back on it with pretty old versions of course brought the functionality back.

Last edited by jared_core,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It works in USB Loader GX which Priiloader boots directly upon power on the Wii

Have you tried to boot up "without" PriiLoader going directly to GX ? (the boring & old fashioned way)

The GCC works with the disk version from MKW. I ripped it again with Cleanrip but the problem persists when trying to load it with ULGX

I would think that's a setup/conflict GX issue.

A SysCheck report would be beneficial.

Reactions: jared_core

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried to boot up "without" PriiLoader going directly to GX ? (the boring & old fashioned way)
I can't believe it. This fixes both issues. After setting Priiloader "autoboot" to system menu and "return to" to system menu, the GCC works as formerly and the Wii shuts down and the home button selection "wii menu" brings me back to wii menu.

I would think that's a setup/conflict GX issue.

A SysCheck report would be beneficial.

This post contains my Syscheck right after the updates after which I noticed the problems.

Here is a fresh one, with the updates applied ModMii recommended in the linked post above:

Syscheck.14.01.2024

Reactions: morning_glory

jared_core

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quickest/easiest = You can try another version of PriiLoader.
Just install an old version or uninstall v10 first? Do I need to revert all Priiloader settings and hacks back to default before downgrading/uninstalling?

You are using BootMii ?
Yes, but it is installed as IOS not as boot2. My console only supported the installation as IOS.

Last edited by jared_core,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto