Homebrew WiiMC-SS - GameCube controller support and more

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Does this application support 576p? And if so how could I force it to run in that resolution?
It does now.

- Added force 576p setting. If component cables aren't detected it will not appear in the global settings. If 240p is enabled it will cancel out 576p and vice versa. If you edit settings.xml manually to enable both it will prefer 240p.

- Corrected artwork/poster ratio display in widescreen mode.
- Adjusted the gui a bit to fit more description text in the safe area.
- Fixed issue with 4:3-only setting sometimes appearing glitched in video settings.
- Disable looping if the video is THP, an unlikely scenario but it would hang the app.

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello:

Im experiencing some random crashes during online playback via playlists created and streaming via archive org, files are adapted to run properly ( ive tested other wiimc versions and runs ok)

Another thing is when im navigating through the files. Randomly, it exits!

Any clues?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any reason why the photo viewer portion of the app was removed? I liked using WiiMC in the past as a manga viewer by putting the page images in a folder in order. I know i can use other versions of WiiMC, but as far as I know, your version is the only one to include Wii U Pro Controller support, so I really would prefer to use your app if possible. Also, any chance you can enable Wii U Gamepad support when installed to the vWii of a Wii U and launched as a forwarder from the Wii U end? It's less pressing than my desire for the photo mode to be there again, but something I'd really appreciate as well all the same.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
can you make it compatible with the classic controller so i can patch it to work with the gamepad?
doesnt work like that for homebrew lol, you need to actualy add gamepad support, only games get automatic wiiu to classic controller support, hiomebrews dont follow the game rules and need to manualy add gamepad support into the code, that is why not64 has classic controller support, wiiupro even and yet no wiiu gamepad support.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt work like that for homebrew lol, you need to actualy add gamepad support, only games get automatic wiiu to classic controller support, hiomebrews dont follow the game rules and need to manualy add gamepad support into the code, that is why not64 has classic controller support, wiiupro even and yet no wiiu gamepad support.

You are correct, but I just wanted to point one thing out, I have a later version of Wii64 (Rice) that does have Game Pad support, this was when Wii64 became better than Not64 at that. So while Not64 may not have the feature specifically, someone did add the feature to the even better builds of Wii64.

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am referring to wii vc injection with TeconMoon's injector iirc. i was told that the reason wiimc did not work with the gamepad when i patched it with this injector is because it does not support the classic controller. i was told the injector fakes the gamepad controls as a classic controller. you're saying this is not true?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am referring to wii vc injection with TeconMoon's injector iirc. i was told that the reason wiimc did not work with the gamepad when i patched it with this injector is because it does not support the classic controller. i was told the injector fakes the gamepad controls as a classic controller. you're saying this is not true?

It's not that simple. You can take any Wii game, use that injector and boom, get Gamepad support if it supported Wii classic controllers. Wii homebrew unfortunately does need specific code added to it's code before Gamepad support can work, even if the homebrew already supports those same classic controllers.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that is what i explained to you, even if an homebrew has CC support it will not have gamepad support when injected becuase the injection patches the controller codes and functions the games use, but homebrew doesnt use those functions so they dont work, they need to write specific code to make gamepad work on wiivc inject, the classic controller code does nothing for it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You are correct, but I just wanted to point one thing out, I have a later version of Wii64 (Rice) that does have Game Pad support, this was when Wii64 became better than Not64 at that. So while Not64 may not have the feature specifically, someone did add the feature to the even better builds of Wii64.
well latest not64 is much better for the regular glide gfx pluggin, while wii64 has an outdated glide but a rice version that also fixes some games so right now the best of n64 is

not64 default gfx pluggin
or wii64 rice pluggin depending on the game.

wii64 default gfx pluggin is much worse now than extrems latest not64.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well latest not64 is much better for the regular glide gfx pluggin, while wii64 has an outdated glide but a rice version that also fixes some games so right now the best of n64 is

Right, like I said, I'm using the latest Rice version.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

I take it you haven't learned your lesson and stopped spreading wrong facts calling glide to the plugin inside Not64 nor Wii64???? :rofl2:

While it has its specific uses and was a great start for 64 emulation on the Cube/Wii, Wii64 is more inaccurate and relies on hacks, so it is definitely not better than Not64.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it has its specific uses and was a great start for 64 emulation on the Cube/Wii, Wii64 is more inaccurate and relies on hacks, so it is definitely not better than Not64.
Wii64 Rice version is considered to be better, and after troubleshooting problematic games with both builds, I have to agree with that consensus. Now if you're using straight up Wii 64 or Wii 64 Glide, then yes, Not 64 does tend to be better. (Keep in mind though, I'm also comparing these builds on the Wii U with overclock enabled, I know my versions of Wii 64 Rice benefits from Wii U overclock, I'm not sure if the Not 64 builds I've messed with really worked with overclock or not. So this could play into my perception that Rice is better on my Wii U. (Honestly there are very very few problematic games when playing the Rice version with overclock on the Wii U)

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm not sure if the Not 64 builds I've messed with really worked with overclock or not. So this could play into my perception that Rice is better on my Wii U. (Honestly there are very very few problematic games when playing the Rice version with overclock on the Wii U)
Not64 does benefit from OC like all the emulators. It is indeed very useful.

Now if you're using straight up Wii 64 or Wii 64 Glide, then yes, Not 64 does tend to be better
BTW, read this post, this post, and this post.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not64 does benefit from OC like all the emulators. It is indeed very useful.
Then that being the case, I have to say that latest Rice had far better performance and compatibility for me than Not64 did. Keep in mind, last time I compared and checked was about half a year ago, so maybe things have changed since then. But at least as far as the latest builds back then go, my recommendation absolutely goes towards Wii 64 Rice over Not 64 when played on a Wii U.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, read this post, this post, and this post.
Don't blame me for not caring enough to understand the differences, whoever was distributing these different builds on a certain site I can not mention, made a point to label the different builds: Wii 64, Wii 64 Rice, Wii 64 Glide, and Not 64. I blame them for the confusion.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I take it you haven't learned your lesson and stopped spreading wrong facts calling glide to the plugin inside Not64 nor Wii64???? :rofl2:

i call it glide to diferenciate it since its based off it and i dont see a problem with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc