1. MWS

MWS Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I've been receiving lots of code dumps lately since the last update. Sometimes I'll get them up to five times in a row whenever I try to start a small video file. I'm talking about a 360p video downloaded directly from Youtube. What's going on?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. SuperrSonic

OP SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    I'm not sure. If you get a code dump again and you repeat the same steps does it always happen? Or is it random?

I think I have experienced it, but I could get it to happen every time, don't know why it happens, the stack dump just says it fails during setup of the subs and font. I removed the ext2 lib again which I think might be when it started happening and the crashes were gone. Please test the new update. I also added a delay when loading artwork data so if the user spams the pointer on a bunch of files it should never crash, it's still not perfect.

Unrelated, I added a fourth debug setting to display the current widthxheight of a video, the fps, sample rate, and audio channels on the playback bar.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. MWS

MWS Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Well, so far I didn't get any code dumps, but now all of my *iso files stopped working. They get stuck in an eternal loop of "Loading". Also my music folder, which has roughly 100 hundred subfolders, takes about 7 seconds to load and to go back to it. I would be grateful if you could look into it whenever you have some spare time.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  4. SuperrSonic

Puerto Rico
    That's strange, I managed to load an iso from the network. It didn't show the dvd menu but loaded fast enough. I need more info.
    Do you have IOS 58 installed? If you don't WiiMC might use 61 which would explain slow loading from usb. Or did this also start happening after Sunday's update? 100 folders should display near instantly from a hard drive.

I've made another update, looking around I found that if you enabled 'loop' for videos it would cause audio files to crash, now it should really only apply to videos. I'm still looking to minimize crashes and leaks, it seems to still leak a few bytes when using xml info.

5. MWS

MWS Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

I've got IOS 58. Yeah, it was the sunday update. It still gets stuck in a loop when trying to load *iso files. Now it only takes about 2 seconds to load my music folder. It was a weird bug, now it seems to work fine.
    I went back to the last commit you made, before these last two changes, and the *iso files load normally. In that version, I can switch between a song and a movie on the fly. But the code dumps are unpredictable. Sometimes I'll get them several times in a row even after resetting the console. You could go back to that version and see if you could resolve the memory leaks.

6. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Regular

Wii U gamepad support if so awesome I will be putting this on my Wii U

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

7. cybercuate

cybercuate Advanced Member
    Newcomer

IPTV m3u lists support please?

8. mdd.45

mdd.45 Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Is there any way to fix the red screen when using rgb scart and 240p mode on a Pal wii?

9. SuperrSonic

Puerto Rico
    Could you try again? This was a mistake I made when checking for pal, it's pretty simple, I used some nonsense detection by looking at the current video mode and the result was the 240p mode ended up being NTSC if 50Hz was not used. It's usually not a problem.

I used that detection because it was already in WiiMC, its original use is to set different values for the screen position.

10. METALIGALO

METALIGALO Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    awesome friends, great project wiimc, how run dvd movies on wiimc? my wii is withe verson but serial not support dvd native

11. mdd.45

mdd.45 Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Thank you for your fast response, i can confirm that with this build the 240p option works perfect on my pal wii with rgb scart!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - controller, GameCube, support