Homebrew WiiMC-SS - GameCube controller support and more

MWS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been receiving lots of code dumps lately since the last update. Sometimes I'll get them up to five times in a row whenever I try to start a small video file. I'm talking about a 360p video downloaded directly from Youtube. What's going on?

Last edited by MWS,

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I've been receiving lots of code dumps lately since the last update. Sometimes I'll get them up to five times in a row whenever I try to start a small video file.
What's going on?
I'm not sure. If you get a code dump again and you repeat the same steps does it always happen? Or is it random?

I think I have experienced it, but I could get it to happen every time, don't know why it happens, the stack dump just says it fails during setup of the subs and font. I removed the ext2 lib again which I think might be when it started happening and the crashes were gone. Please test the new update. I also added a delay when loading artwork data so if the user spams the pointer on a bunch of files it should never crash, it's still not perfect.

Unrelated, I added a fourth debug setting to display the current widthxheight of a video, the fps, sample rate, and audio channels on the playback bar.

Reactions: Alexander1970

MWS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. If you get a code dump again and you repeat the same steps does it always happen? Or is it random?

I think I have experienced it, but I could get it to happen every time, don't know why it happens, the stack dump just says it fails during setup of the subs and font. I removed the ext2 lib again which I think might be when it started happening and the crashes were gone. Please test the new update. I also added a delay when loading artwork data so if the user spams the pointer on a bunch of files it should never crash, it's still not perfect.

Unrelated, I added a fourth debug setting to display the current widthxheight of a video, the fps, sample rate, and audio channels on the playback bar.

Well, so far I didn't get any code dumps, but now all of my *iso files stopped working. They get stuck in an eternal loop of "Loading". Also my music folder, which has roughly 100 hundred subfolders, takes about 7 seconds to load and to go back to it. I would be grateful if you could look into it whenever you have some spare time.

Last edited by MWS,

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, so far I didn't get any code dumps, but now all of my *iso files stopped working. They get stuck in an eternal loop of "Loading". Also my music folder, which has roughly 100 hundred subfolders, takes about 7 seconds to load and to go back to it.
That's strange, I managed to load an iso from the network. It didn't show the dvd menu but loaded fast enough. I need more info.
Do you have IOS 58 installed? If you don't WiiMC might use 61 which would explain slow loading from usb. Or did this also start happening after Sunday's update? 100 folders should display near instantly from a hard drive.

I've made another update, looking around I found that if you enabled 'loop' for videos it would cause audio files to crash, now it should really only apply to videos. I'm still looking to minimize crashes and leaks, it seems to still leak a few bytes when using xml info.

MWS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's strange, I managed to load an iso from the network. It didn't show the dvd menu but loaded fast enough. I need more info.
Do you have IOS 58 installed? If you don't WiiMC might use 61 which would explain slow loading from usb. Or did this also start happening after Sunday's update? 100 folders should display near instantly from a hard drive.

I've made another update, looking around I found that if you enabled 'loop' for videos it would cause audio files to crash, now it should really only apply to videos. I'm still looking to minimize crashes and leaks, it seems to still leak a few bytes when using xml info.

I've got IOS 58. Yeah, it was the sunday update. It still gets stuck in a loop when trying to load *iso files. Now it only takes about 2 seconds to load my music folder. It was a weird bug, now it seems to work fine.
I went back to the last commit you made, before these last two changes, and the *iso files load normally. In that version, I can switch between a song and a movie on the fly. But the code dumps are unpredictable. Sometimes I'll get them several times in a row even after resetting the console. You could go back to that version and see if you could resolve the memory leaks.

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is there any way to fix the red screen when using rgb scart and 240p mode on a Pal wii?
Could you try again? This was a mistake I made when checking for pal, it's pretty simple, I used some nonsense detection by looking at the current video mode and the result was the 240p mode ended up being NTSC if 50Hz was not used. It's usually not a problem.

I used that detection because it was already in WiiMC, its original use is to set different values for the screen position.

METALIGALO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
awesome friends, great project wiimc, how run dvd movies on wiimc? my wii is withe verson but serial not support dvd native

mdd.45

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Could you try again? This was a mistake I made when checking for pal, it's pretty simple, I used some nonsense detection by looking at the current video mode and the result was the 240p mode ended up being NTSC if 50Hz was not used. It's usually not a problem.

I used that detection because it was already in WiiMC, its original use is to set different values for the screen position.

Thank you for your fast response, i can confirm that with this build the 240p option works perfect on my pal wii with rgb scart!

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the latest builds of this allow for Gamepad support if played on a Wii U and forwarded to directly from the Wii U menu?

Reactions: Turme

Darker27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi. I didn't know who to turn to, but they could possibly help me.

I am doing a search engine for a group of Latin movies. There are many movies and looking for them is very tedious and tired. So I set out to make one.

My problem is that in the phpmyadmin database I insert all the names of the movies and when searching for them the error appears
"The playlist does not contain compatible entries"

Believing that I was missing the #EXTINF: -1, I inserted it in the name of the movies but it doesn't change the error.

Do you know what I am not doing wrong?
upload_2020-3-3_19-54-41.png

antoniotnt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi I tried wiimc ss but I can't see the covers, the images I put in the video folder both in .png and .jpg format, but nothing is not seen. Maybe you have to put them in a specific folder I read something on art folder but I didn't understand correctly. The covers must be of a specific size es 600x400 and in bytes must not exceed a specific size or are all formats ok? Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What would be the chance to make wiimc compatible with loading interactive swf files from sd or usb.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

kokokool

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

Hello since wiimc has swf support, can wiimc play isolated swf files like a swf simple game?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello since wiimc has swf support, can wiimc play isolated swf files like a swf simple game?
The SWF support is not really useful. I can't/won't do anything about it, it's an unreasonable request.

I read something on art folder but I didn't understand correctly. The covers must be of a specific size es 600x400 and in bytes must not exceed a specific size or are all formats ok?
Dimensions are not specified anywhere, there is no limit. The file size is what matters, if it's bigger than 200 KB it won't load.

You can use PNG but the extension read is ".jpg" and only that.

universales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When editing onlinemedia.xml, I can't add "h-t-t-p-s" links as they don't work, only "h-t-t-p" works.
Most websites work with "h-t-t-p-s", I think it is necessary to add support to "h-t-t-p-s".

***Edited***

There seems to be a library called "lwolfssl" that allows TLS access.

github-dot-com-wiidev-usbloadergx-tree-master-source-libs-libwolfssl

Could you implement it?

Last edited by universales,

SuperrSonic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It annoys me that videos always lag when rendering the first line of subtitles. It even affects style changes for some reason, and the higher the framerate the more noticeable it becomes.
I wanted to do something, I took out the sd card while playing a video and noticed certain characters were missing from the subtitles (despite subtitles being read from usb), this confirmed that the font is constantly being accessed. From testing using a faster device didn't make much difference but a faster device shouldn't be a requirement anyway.

- Now it will load fonts to memory once at start and be done with it. If no fonts are found it will grab the one used by the gui.
I've been testing this for a while and I regret not having done it earlier because it's simply that much better.

- Added support for BorderStyle 4, it's a bit like 3 but on one background only, it lets you recreate this mess.

I spent a long time trying to see if I could improve video sync when playing 30 fps video, and I got nowhere. I didn't want to feel like I wasted all that time so I added a hidden setting that lets you duplicate the framerate to 60, it works presumably because it allows vsync to work and make video remain perfectly synced... except the performance goes out the window so it's not really useful.

Muliro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So nice to see you still working on this!

Did this change you made improve the video performance?Like dealing better with higher framerates?

Reactions: rogerioronin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?