Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 3.2u with homebrew and everything.. I am not newbie but I am afraid of turn wifi on.. Will it force me to update to the latest firmware ?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
I am on 3.2u with homebrew and everything.. I am not newbie but I am afraid of turn wifi on.. Will it force me to update to the latest firmware ?
priiloader + block online updates hack.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, Burton.
smile.gif

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone notice with youtube videos the search bar doesn't seem to work meaning you can't skip to your favorite part of a clip and watch the whole thing? Found that to be a bummer. I could have sworn it worked a couple versions ago.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any possibility of viewing Blu-ray discs on my Wii? But just having it playback at the settings of a DVD?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
OK guys. I don't know if you are aware of a website called cuevana? (I'm not sure if it's ok to post links to other sites if it isn't please feel free to edit my post).
The site is great, you can stream series and movies directly from your browser (much like youtube) only installing a small plugin (depending on the browser you choose to use).
I was wondering if there's a chance to somehow port this to the wii? Like by editing WiiMC or by creating and entire new app or whatever? I would really appreciate if the guys behind this wonderful player could take a look at the site (and subsequently, the plug-in) to see if they can somehow make it work. And/or whoever thinks they could pull it off.... It would make a MAGNIFICENT addition to the wii homebrew scene (you can even watch a foreign film with subtitles straight from the player! I don't know if that changes things or not... but it would be great to keep that functionality)
Anyways... There's my two cents, hopefully the idea falls on the right hands soon...

Administrative note:
I've had reports that Cuevana.tv (a legit website not unlike Hulu.com) has been throwing malware flags. A search yielded this report:
Code:
Cuevana.tv is compromised, be aware of this .cx.cc attack! 
Posted: 26 Sep 2011 11:04 PM
Websense® ThreatSeeker® Network has detected that the Cuevana.tv (hxxp://www.cuevana.tv) Web site was compromised on 25th September, 2011.

Just thought you should know, thanks.
-mthr

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this has been requested or not but how about adding megavideo support for wiimc? Like all we would have to do is type in the megavideo URL and it'll play the video with no time limit. That would be so awesome.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Bryon15 said:
I don't know if this has been requested or not but how about adding megavideo support for wiimc? Like all we would have to do is type in the megavideo URL and it'll play the video with no time limit. That would be so awesome.
Mmm... Have you checked my previous post? You should take a look at the link I posted...

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that Navi-X should get processors written on it first. Just saying... If not, then we should somehow get Crackle support, tee-hee.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
StupidGamer1 said:
Anyone notice with youtube videos the search bar doesn't seem to work meaning you can't skip to your favorite part of a clip and watch the whole thing? Found that to be a bummer. I could have sworn it worked a couple versions ago.

Youtube seekbar works in WiiMC+

Bryon15

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you download movies to play on WiiMC? I know where to find them. But I need to download them and then put them on my usb hard drive to play with WiiMC. How do I download them? Oh I'm using fire fox by the way.

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As WiiMC is still laggy for me when I run it in 480p mode with component cable, I wonder if there's a fix for this, yet?
I noticed videos run smooth when running the Wii and WiiMC in 480i mode with the component cabel. So is there a way I can force WiiMC to run always in 480i mode?
Maybe through the WiiMC channel?

Thx for your help.

rkChdrkls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be good to have the option to skip 5 seconds etc with the cursor pad when playing audio files. The option exists for video files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing