WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by wiiman123, Apr 16, 2010.

1. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I am on 3.2u with homebrew and everything.. I am not newbie but I am afraid of turn wifi on.. Will it force me to update to the latest firmware ?

2. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
    priiloader + block online updates hack.

3. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I already had block online updates hack about a year ago or less so I am good to go with wifi turn on without a problem ?

4. Burton

Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Mar 7, 2006
    That's correct!

5. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Thank you, Burton. [​IMG]

6. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    Anyone notice with youtube videos the search bar doesn't seem to work meaning you can't skip to your favorite part of a clip and watch the whole thing? Found that to be a bummer. I could have sworn it worked a couple versions ago.

7. wiiman123
    OP

wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    Sorry for got to update the thread for 1.2.0 after posting on We Brew Wii.

enjoy.

8. saison

saison GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    United States
    So, I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there any possibility of viewing Blu-ray discs on my Wii? But just having it playback at the settings of a DVD?

9. flo

flo GBAtemp Regular

Nov 2, 2006
    Hungary
    Saison , you can't play Bluray on Wii , lol . The optical drive only reads DVDs .

10. sideskroll

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    Here
    OK guys. I don't know if you are aware of a website called cuevana? (I'm not sure if it's ok to post links to other sites if it isn't please feel free to edit my post).
    The site is great, you can stream series and movies directly from your browser (much like youtube) only installing a small plugin (depending on the browser you choose to use).
    I was wondering if there's a chance to somehow port this to the wii? Like by editing WiiMC or by creating and entire new app or whatever? I would really appreciate if the guys behind this wonderful player could take a look at the site (and subsequently, the plug-in) to see if they can somehow make it work. And/or whoever thinks they could pull it off.... It would make a MAGNIFICENT addition to the wii homebrew scene (you can even watch a foreign film with subtitles straight from the player! I don't know if that changes things or not... but it would be great to keep that functionality)
    Anyways... There's my two cents, hopefully the idea falls on the right hands soon...

Administrative note:
    I've had reports that Cuevana.tv (a legit website not unlike Hulu.com) has been throwing malware flags. A search yielded this report:
    Code:
    Cuevana.tv is compromised, be aware of this .cx.cc attack! 
    Posted: 26 Sep 2011 11:04 PM
    Websense® ThreatSeeker® Network has detected that the Cuevana.tv (hxxp://www.cuevana.tv) Web site was compromised on 25th September, 2011.
    Just thought you should know, thanks.
    -mthr

11. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    I don't know if this has been requested or not but how about adding megavideo support for wiimc? Like all we would have to do is type in the megavideo URL and it'll play the video with no time limit. That would be so awesome.

12. sideskroll

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    Here
    Mmm... Have you checked my previous post? You should take a look at the link I posted...

13. saison

saison GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2009
    United States
    I think that Navi-X should get processors written on it first. Just saying... If not, then we should somehow get Crackle support, tee-hee.

14. fishears

fishears fishears

Sep 28, 2008
    Youtube seekbar works in WiiMC+

15. Bryon15

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    How do you download movies to play on WiiMC? I know where to find them. But I need to download them and then put them on my usb hard drive to play with WiiMC. How do I download them? Oh I'm using fire fox by the way.

16. WiiShizzza

WiiShizzza Graphics juggler

Oct 10, 2008
    Gambia, The
    As WiiMC is still laggy for me when I run it in 480p mode with component cable, I wonder if there's a fix for this, yet?
    I noticed videos run smooth when running the Wii and WiiMC in 480i mode with the component cabel. So is there a way I can force WiiMC to run always in 480i mode?
    Maybe through the WiiMC channel?

Thx for your help.

17. gothic_hobbit

gothic_hobbit Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2013
    United States
    Does anyone know where I could find a wad file for WiiMC version 1.3.3 ?

Thanks.

18. strai

strai Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2013
    United States
  19. rkChdrkls

rkChdrkls Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2010
    United States
    Would be good to have the option to skip 5 seconds etc with the cursor pad when playing audio files. The option exists for video files.

20. TheRedfox

TheRedfox Admire our great leader ;o;

May 17, 2012
    Korea, North
    Nope
    Dat bump o.o

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted