Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I got a quick question.

Is the cIOS202v1.1 the same as Hermes cIOS202v5.1 with base 57? The reason I ask is because I recall Tantric's first cIOS202 installer just installed Hermes cIOS202v5base57 (he confirmed this himself in one of these threads).

Also, is there somewhere where I can view the source code for this cIOS?

@ Tantric, if you're reading, thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
XFlak said:
Is the cIOS202v1.1 the same as Hermes cIOS202v5.1 with base 57? The reason I ask is because I recall Tantric's first cIOS202 installer just installed Hermes cIOS202v5base57 (he confirmed this himself in one of these threads).
As far as I know it is a modified version this time, because you could use both usb-port now... So no, I assume it`s not the same as Hermes` anymore.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
I got a quick question.

Also, is there somewhere where I can view the source code for this cIOS?

@ Tantric, if you're reading, thanks a lot and keep up the great work!

Im sure Tantric can answer more, but i talked a little with rodries on IRC and he says it is different than hermes, its based on it though. The mload is only slightly changed (I think) But the ehcimodule is all there own (again, I only think) and so only the hermes part is open source rest is closed along with the installer itself.

I second @ Tantric, great job on your apps. WiiMC 1.0.5 is working amazing for me, I've noticed many improvements in it vs 1.0.4.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fox888 said:
Pippin666 said:
IOS 202 and WiiFlow have nothing to do with each other.

How in the hell can the WiiMC team fucked up so badly ??

Pip'

+1

Um.. Im sorry but, NO. First off how did they fuck up, everything works flawlessly and has NEW features since 1.0.4 if you followed the simple instructions given by them to install the new 202.

Im not gonna start a huge rant here, but i think there is no question this post is flat out RUDE and uncalled for, it offends ME and I am not even part of the wiimc team, can only imagine how low tantric and the rest of the team think of gbatemp and its users with posts like these...

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
Fox888 said:
Pippin666 said:
IOS 202 and WiiFlow have nothing to do with each other.

How in the hell can the WiiMC team fucked up so badly ??

Pip'

+1

Um.. Im sorry but, NO. First off how did they fuck up, everything works flawlessly and has NEW features since 1.0.4 if you followed the simple instructions given by them to install the new 202.

Im not gonna start a huge rant here, but i think there is no question this post is flat out RUDE and uncalled for, it offends ME and I am not even part of the wiimc team, can only imagine how low tantric and the rest of the team think of gbatemp and its users with posts like these...

i dont care. i am back to hermes 5.1 (202-38) - mplayerce and the snes9xgx 4.2 and fceugx 4.18(and WiiXplorer works perfectly again)(WiiXplorer is more important)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@Skater4599, I couldn't have said it better myself.

@ Tantric, u are the man, sure gbatemp (and any other site) has a few bad apples, but the real Wii Community has nothing but mad respect for you and all that u do!

@anyone, I'm trying to get in touch with Tantric, so if you have a way of getting in touch with him, please PM me and let meknow how/where is the best place to reach him.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
sagewolf said:
It will be the best if every users understand and provide useful information for developer not only whining.
To you sagewolf:
nyanya.gif

This is a quote : If every dev starts releasing his own cios version and breaking other apps, it's going to be a big mess!!

and i support this quote
yay.gif

and the new ios202 is NOT working flawlessly.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Personally, I think only Hermes should release cIOSs under 202,222,223,224 and Wanin should release under 249 and 250 (and maybe more eventually).

This doesn't mean I don't think Tantric should work on his cIOSs... but I think it would restore order to the galaxy if new cIOSs were installed to new slots.

For example, I think it would make things simpler if Tantric released his cIOSs under slot 203 or something, then make his new emulators/WiiMC use that cIOS slot. This will satisfy people who still use the old cIOS202 for WiiXplorer (or mplayer_ce) while still allowing Tantric to have total control over his emulators/WiiMC and their cIOS.

Anyways, its just a suggestion, and I have nothing but respect for all the devs I mentioned above.

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
Personally, I think only Hermes should release cIOSs under 202,222,223,224 and Wanin should release under 249 and 250 (and maybe more eventually).

This doesn't mean I don't think Tantric should work on his cIOSs... but I think it would restore order to the galaxy if new cIOSs were installed to new slots.

For example, I think it would make things simpler if Tantric released his cIOSs under slot 203 or something, then make his new emulators/WiiMC use that cIOS slot. This will satisfy people who still use the old cIOS202 for WiiXplorer (or mplayer_ce) while still allowing Tantric to have total control over his emulators/WiiMC and their cIOS.

Anyways, its just a suggestion, and I have nothing but respect for all the devs I mentioned above.

Hey man. you are totally right(so glad to hear this suggestion)
yaywii.gif
(but respect for devs who break others devs apps....HMMMMM)

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
I read someone say WiiExplorer is more important than WiiMC and snes, vba and fceu put together, pmsl! well get rid of these 4 and only use WiiExplorer then? save yourself the hassle mate.

Does hermes work on the media side of things? NO. Is his intelligence helpful? yes. Do the WiiMC devs use any significant hermes changes and sue with their own? i'm sure of it, so why cant WiiExplorer be updates to support this new cIOS. If it's that much of a *fuck about* just use your sd card with pc/ftp and hb channel, simple as.

sagewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Fox888 said:
sagewolf said:
It will be the best if every users understand and provide useful information for developer not only whining.
To you sagewolf:
nyanya.gif

This is a quote : If every dev starts releasing his own cios version and breaking other apps, it's going to be a big mess!!

and i support this quote
yay.gif

I already know that it broken but I think that we should give developer reasonable suggestion not only say it broke that not gonna help anyone.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
sagewolf said:
Fox888 said:
sagewolf said:
To you sagewolf:
nyanya.gif

and i support this quote
yay.gif

I already know that it broken but I think that we should give developer reasonable suggestion not only say it broke that not gonna help anyone.
It's ok, coz some of the riff raff on here think you can just say it's broke, how can WiiMC developers fail like this, and that's is their way of explaining a bug. :/

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
sagewolf said:
How can they fail? Hmm because someone want 2nd usb port
laugh.gif
just try and fail better than not doing anything I think.

Noope. i love snes9xgx and fceugx and WiiXplorer(Wiimc i dont care)but you know that WiiXplorer needs to be merge with 38
(so just let the emu go back to support hermes) or ( why not try Xflak´s suggestion and let the ios202 up to Hermes)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMO, Xflak's suggestion is very good. I love WiiMC and I love other apps like WiiXplorer. Would be hard for me to choose one over the other.

sagewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Fox888 said:
sagewolf said:
laugh.gif

Noope. i love snes9xgx and fceugx and WiiXplorer(Wiimc i dont care)but you know that WiiXplorer needs to be merge with 38
(so just let the emu go back to support hermes) or ( why not try Xflak´s suggestion)
You don't care about WiiMC but you still read and post in this topic
laugh.gif

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
sagewolf said:
Fox888 said:
sagewolf said:
laugh.gif

(so just let the emu go back to support hermes) or ( why not try Xflak´s suggestion)
You don't care about WiiMC but you still read and post in this topic
laugh.gif

as you know snes9xgx and fceugx (or you dont know
laugh.gif
!!!!) it needs the new ios202(so here or in emu dont make any different)
moogle.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    White fries hold up
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 sure you can
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why tf do people hate android users? is it the video quality? just because "AnDrOiD = pOoR" bc they don't cost an arm and a leg like iphones do?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i won't be turned off by an iphone, but don't pick on me for having an android, that's just how this shit should work
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Should say more what these kind of android users say bout nokia 3310 users