Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I never used WiiFlow before but saw a youtube video with it and i liked the layout and look of it alot,
does this work without a usb harddrive? all i want it to do is list and load up all my games (snes emulators wiiware games etc) from my sd card with there game covers
is this possible?

Yes you can run wiiflow from sd only.

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes you can run wiiflow from sd only.
Cheers got it all working now, got a couple more questions now though,
1. Wiiflow takes a while to load up for me because i dont use a HDD and i think its searching for one, is there a way to change one of the ini files or something to stop looking for a hard drive?
2. When i load up an emulator game i'll use snes 9x gx for an example here, it loads the game fine but it takes me to an older version (4.3.1) which asks me to update everytime (even if i do it will still ask me the next time i play a snes game) and i have snes 9xgx 4.3.2 installed on my sd card aswell which loads up that version just fine if i boot it up from the homebrew channel, is there a way to fix this?

Reactions: bostonBC

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've been beating my head against a wall for a few hours and wanted to ask if anyone has see this before.

I'm trying to run Wii games from USB port 1 (using the 10.1 cIOS). That piece works fine.

But I have another hard disk attached to port 0 which holds all my GameCube games.

I had it running a number of revisions back but accidentally overwrote my ini and now it refuses to recognize that there is a partition on port 0.

If I plug the GC drive in by itself it recognizes and works fine but if both are attached it just returns to the main channel menu.

I've tried copying the apps/wiiflow and wiiflow folders to an SD card and renaming those folders on the USB drives but it still can't find the GameCube partition.

If anyone knows how to force it to see GC on port 0 I would be very grateful.

Thanks!

edit:

Nevermind, I figured it out. Once I had the GC disk configured and working I set it to look for port 1 and then copied the apps/wiiflow and wiiflow folders to the drive with the Wii games on it. Then all worked fine. Not sure what config got changed but this process works if anyone else is doing a dual drive setup.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a setting in wiiflow to enable memory card emulation for nintendont. I have to go to nintendont settings and enable memory card emulation every time i launch it from wiiflow.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
i propose Miinecraft, my son's theme

Miinecraft for WiiFlow r441

logo.png
WOW! Stunning and beautiful, has anyone else seen this bad boy in action.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Fledge. I've been always having this question: the WiiFlow project hosted in WiiFlowWiki is the original WiiFlow or the Open WiiFlow Mod? Thanks.

It's both the same, I'm the creator of "open-wiiflow-mod" simply because I just did small things in the beginning, now I'm the main coder and use both projects where wiiflow is the main project and "open-wiiflow-mod" is the beta version now.

NaxoR93

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wii.scenebeta.com
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It's both the same, I'm the creator of "open-wiiflow-mod" simply because I just did small things in the beginning, now I'm the main coder and use both projects where wiiflow is the main project and "open-wiiflow-mod" is the beta version now.

So, we could say that each stable version of the loader is kinda the continuation of the original WiiFlow? Thanks man.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops sorry, yea just for the sake of completeness themes like monster high, gothic and minecraft are missing. I'm not bugging if you're busy it's cool. Is anyone capable of editing the Wiki?
umm you havent been there in a while have you. monster high and gothic are added. minecraft not yet - waiting on persmission from mamule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas