Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I've actually began mapping out wiiflow, clustering all the different screens together, and labeling them as they appear in the ini. It's a bit out of date but perhaps it will help with your wiiflow theme guide.

I have no idea what you mean by this - which only goes to show how utterly unqualified I am to write a skinning guide :) - the guide thing was a suggestion for mamule's influx -
What do you mean by 'mapping out'? like the menu structure?
I'd be interested to see the file anyway!
thanks man

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been on a tear gathering new Wii titles and here is the latest update on my Categories file.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/s869j7q6t1a4ppx/categories_v4.ini

I now have 1861 titles categorized with normal category and ESRB ratings data. The big expansion has been in non-US, mainly Japanese titles and I added a new category for Non-English titles. If a game is PAL or J format and has any language other than English I tagged it with the Non-English category.

I thought about splitting it out with French, German, Italian etc but there are only a handful of those and I ended up making it just 1 category (Non-English). If you want you can add those other categories and then select the non-English ones and recategorize them.

I am now working on collecting all the remaining PAL games I'm missing (copies of US titles) and will make the next update when I have those.

Enjoy.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Good GOD bostonBC!! You're an ANIMAL XD LoL!

You have got to be the #1 collector of all things Wii game wbfs/ISO related, thank you for categories.ini my friend.Nothing else quite like it :)

Here's my issue though Does anyone have the time to make a categories.ini merging program? Everytime I overwrite my file it obviously overwrites the many changes I've made. Unless there's a way for you to put all the new stuff strictly at the bottom of the file so that I can just copy and paste. That's probably the easiest quick fix since trying to find the games one by one is a PITA.

Unless anyone else has some suggestions on how I can merge the differences quickly, I don't know how to currently do it even with Programmer's notepad, there's got to be a way with that right?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good GOD bostonBC!! You're an ANIMAL XD LoL!

You have got to be the #1 collector of all things Wii game wbfs/ISO related, thank you for categories.ini my friend.Nothing else quite like it :)

Here's my issue though Does anyone have the time to make a categories.ini merging program? Everytime I overwrite my file it obviously overwrites the many changes I've made. Unless there's a way for you to put all the new stuff strictly at the bottom of the file so that I can just copy and paste. That's probably the easiest quick fix since trying to find the games one by one is a PITA.

Unless anyone else has some suggestions on how I can merge the differences quickly, I don't know how to currently do it even with Programmer's notepad, there's got to be a way with that right?

You can probably copy the rows from the [Games] section use Excel to match the first 6 characters of each row <GameID> to remove duplicates. That would at least give you the new ones.

Merging would be tougher and would depend on what other Categories you setup.

And we would have to know the compressed format and how you wanted to do the merge (which group would take precedence).

Reactions: MassiveRican

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my new HDD came in today, but I'm not sure what I should be using now.

Previously I was using Hermes IOS222 since the config of my older HDD, but this one should be more compatible with d2x. Which should I be using, IOS249 with what base?

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my new HDD came in today, but I'm not sure what I should be using now.

Previously I was using Hermes IOS222 since the config of my older HDD, but this one should be more compatible with d2x. Which should I be using, IOS249 with what base?

249-56 base, 250-57 base. I've had great luck with the latest v10.

nickh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a bunch of revisions precompiled (.dols) on fix's page here
You could maybe sample a few and try to narrow down when the problem kicks in?
- i'm not sure what 4.2 was - r1000 maybe? I think 4.2.1 is slightly later than r1055, but that's the latest available there.
It might be a load of work but you might strike lucky - it's just an idea...
Edit -I'm making a guess, but I'd start high and jump lower
Edit#2 - thinking about it, it would make more sense to alternate high and low averaging towards the mean - also it will be more rewarding when a low number works! - anyhoo - if you can be arsed...
I've tried the old halving the interval technique starting and was just about to post success then I found I'd failed.

I reset Force cIOS to no and cIOS to auto and checked that Sports Resort failed. I halved the interval starting with 1030 and the last one I got to work was 1055. Then I reinstalled 4.2.1 and the little bugger decided to work with Sports Resort so I am mighty confused. :hateit:

Reactions: spacepimp

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my wiiflow beta downloads site will be down for quite a while now because I need to move out of my home, I dont know if I can come back in the next weeks, I have no money or anything so no idea how things will go on :(

D

Dork

I'm having this really weird problem with WiiFlow 4.2.1. For some reason, dual-layer games like Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy won't show up on the gamelist. I made sure that the game was on my HDD in the correct spot and it was.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
my wiiflow beta downloads site will be down for quite a while now because I need to move out of my home, I dont know if I can come back in the next weeks, I have no money or anything so no idea how things will go on :(
It maybe the end of one thing but it's a new beginnings for others in your life, I'm sorry about your home situation, I pray you'll have all the necessities you require. Internet is not a necessity, but I definitely hope to see you again soon.
I'm having this really weird problem with WiiFlow 4.2.1. For some reason, dual-layer games like Brawl and Metroid Prime Trilogy won't show up on the gamelist. I made sure that the game was on my HDD in the correct spot and it was.
Did u manually refresh cache?

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good luck to you, I sincerely hope that things will get better ;)

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry to hear times are rough.. Pullin' for ya man, keep your head up and things will turn around!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Wishing and praying that you get out of the trouble soon Fix.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new Nintendont update work well with Wiiflow?
If so, how would I install it on SD card if I have everything setup on hard drive?
thanks.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated to 4.2.1 today, and mostly reconfigured my wiiflow.ini. The only problem I'm having is pressing B no longer returns me to the source menu, even though I have b_on_mode_to_source=yes under general.

Was this feature taken out? Or is there a new way to enable it.

That's unfortunate to hear. I wish you the best of luck with your living situation, and don't forget we at gbatemp are here for you:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry