Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated to 4.2.1 today, and mostly reconfigured my wiiflow.ini. The only problem I'm having is pressing B no longer returns me to the source menu, even though I have b_on_mode_to_source=yes under general.

Was this feature taken out? Or is there a new way to enable it.

That's unfortunate to hear. I wish you the best of luck with your living situation, and don't forget we at gbatemp are here for you:)
try setting this b_on_mode_to_source to no. also go into settings and then startup settings and then source menu settings

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome back, fledge68, ltns. I've been wanting to have a back and forth with a wiiflow developer of some influence about some possible wiiflow improvements, functionally speaking, but any attempts seem to have been overlooked. Might you have a minute? I'm not trying to propose making wiiflow boot PS3 games while using a 360 controller or anything fantastic, just a couple suggestions that would make the wiiflow experience more user friendly. :)

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The most of plugins (i think) work with 4tb HDD. I play NES and SNES without problem but when i try to load scummvm games to put in my Scumvm.ini it´s not work. Well i load my scumvm list with pen-drive (works fine) and i put the roms in the 4tb HDD but not work.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are almost 40 plugins now. If only nes and snes work, perhaps it's due to specific code or libs. To the ones who know (fix94, maxternal, etc.), please share the info.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most of plugins (i think) work with 4tb HDD. I play NES and SNES without problem but when i try to load scummvm games to put in my Scumvm.ini it´s not work. Well i load my scumvm list with pen-drive (works fine) and i put the roms in the 4tb HDD but not work.

Be very careful with any plugin or emulator channel with 4TB drives. I had one have severe directory corruption from an emulator channel trying to save to the 4TB drive. Not sure what happened but I have a feeling one or more of the emulators doesn't fully support 4TB drives yet.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it this issue?
Sector size bigger than 512kb doesn't work with some stuff. I'm fuzzy on what is working and what's not.

Yes, the advanced format drives have a low level 4096 byte sector size now. This is all 4TB ones and it's supposed to be implemented on smaller drives in the coming year so they can have higher density with less error correcting sectors. You can still read 512 byte blocks but it doesn't work well with some things.

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i propose Miinecraft, my son's theme

Miinecraft for WiiFlow r441

logo.png

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
you can run it with 247 or 251 or whatever... Just a cIOS with base 57, nothing to do slot ;)
He's right, I assumed you would have base57 in cIOS 250 as most Guides and pre made packages have that base in the slot and figured your setup would be the same. However the slot doesn't matter as long as base 57 is used. Try forcing the cIOS in game settings as well instead of auto that might work for u.

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I never used WiiFlow before but saw a youtube video with it and i liked the layout and look of it alot,
does this work without a usb harddrive? all i want it to do is list and load up all my games (snes emulators wiiware games etc) from my sd card with there game covers
is this possible?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.