Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the first page of the retro arch thread they have a full fba core that works. So far I've played Frogger, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Plus, Galaxian, and Several Sega System 16 games. Is it possible to add this core as well? I'm sure more games work I just haven't had time to test.

And thanks to everyone who works on and tests this slice of heaven known as wiiflow.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On the first page of the retro arch thread they have a full fba core that works. So far I've played Frogger, Ms. Pac-Man, Pac-Plus, Galaxian, and Several Sega System 16 games. Is it possible to add this core as well? I'm sure more games work I just haven't had time to test.

And thanks to everyone who works on and tests this slice of heaven known as wiiflow.

you can just add it yourself.. copy the .dol over and make an .ini for it, etc

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You can try that, I guess, and see if it works.
The already compiled DOL's previously available (except for the snes one) weren't new enough versions to actually accept arguments yet but the latest source code did so [member='fix94'] had to compile the latest source code himself in order to have the argument accepting DOL versions.

I'm not sure, but it may just be that if he didn't compile a core for us it was one that didn't accept arguments yet.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try that, I guess, and see if it works.
The already compiled DOL's previously available (except for the snes one) weren't new enough versions to actually accept arguments yet but the latest source code did so [member='fix94'] had to compile the latest source code himself in order to have the argument accepting DOL versions.

I'm not sure, but it may just be that if he didn't compile a core for us it was one that didn't accept arguments yet.

well yea, you'd probably have to compile the full fba core yourself from the latest code, and THEN copy the .dol over and make an ini for it. im not really messin with retroarch all that much currently.... im waiting for the mame core to be finished.... woo

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I need somebody to test r746:
http://www.mediafire...vj7ppl2qk79zft4
Changes:
-FINALLY rewrote the game list creator code, the new one is faster and smaller, I cant promise its bugfree though :P
-fixed wiiflow autoboot feature (for programs like crap)
The dol is 12kb smaller, so there must have been some strange things in that game list code before lol, however make sure you delete your cache/lists folder before updating to that rev and please say me if everything works just fine.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I still rollover my old plugins without having to switch them out with the newly released ones.. or is it a must at this point? Sorry to ask, I just don't get the new stuff yet.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can I still rollover my old plugins without having to switch them out with the newly released ones.. or is it a must at this point? Sorry to ask, I just don't get the new stuff yet.
The same old DOL's are also included
Something cool to test for you guys, I've updated the plugin system a bit again ;)
Some copy-paste if you havent lol:
Changed plugin argument system, now you can decide everything, all previous INIs cant boot any games until you add those lines:
For fceugx, genplusgx, wii64, snes9xgx and vbagx add:
"arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}"
For wiimednafen add:
"arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}"
For mplayerce and not64 (havent tested yet) add:
"arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}"
And for scummvm add:
"arguments={name}"
You can also remove the "ReturnLoader" line from the INIs.
Any magicword for scummvm and mplayerce is accepted now, just make sure in scummvm the "romdir" is still "scummvm.ini".
So yea, heres some download link.
Extrems just wrote that the not64 setup is a bit different, the correct argument line is:
arguments=rompath = "{device}:/{path}/{name}"
and there's some additional, alternate plugins added.

EDIT : Oops, ninja'd again.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I need somebody to test r746:
http://www.mediafire...vj7ppl2qk79zft4
Changes:
-FINALLY rewrote the game list creator code, the new one is faster and smaller, I cant promise its bugfree though :P
-fixed wiiflow autoboot feature (for programs like crap)
The dol is 12kb smaller, so there must have been some strange things in that game list code before lol, however make sure you delete your cache/lists folder before updating to that rev and please say me if everything works just fine.
I'll be testing this out tonight and I'll let you know :D

marcioap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Opps, me again, I noticed I'm having problems trying to name my WiiWare games to their correct names. How do I do this exactly? Do I have to open the .wad file first and rename it using a program?
I tried to go to custom_titles.ini in my wiiflow/settings folder but course it was a no go. Is there another way I don't know or something?? Again, Thanks to everyone for helping me out with everything.
Try pressing "Reload Cache" in Wiiflow menu.
And don't forget an empty line before [TITLES].
See: https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/custom-titles

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got everything switched over still using the old plugins. I didn't change much except for what I needed to copy & paste in the .ini files. After some further testing, everything seems to work except one thing.. my Nand say **DISABLED** when I try to go in via source menu. Any ideas what I need to do?? Thanks.

Nevermind. I fixed it. Turns out when I was resetting my .ini file, I was setting the hide channels to yes. Once I changed it to no, everything worked again. My bad.

@Maxternal, I tried your suggestion combined with marcioap1 and I got my WiiWares renamed like I wanted them to be. Again, Thanks guys :)

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where i can get a neek2o version thats compatible with wiiflow? My understanding is that it needs to be r90+? All i can find is r88...

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know where i can get a neek2o version thats compatible with wiiflow? My understanding is that it needs to be r90+? All i can find is r88...
Here.
That is supposed to work with Wiiflow, but I'm having trouble with it. Works fine when launched through neek2o channel though.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hidden_zpsf51bbced.png

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Testing 4.0.3 a couple of things came up... (this was a clean install, so...)
1. custom doesn't work for forwarder channels in emu nand. Just get black screens
2. Second page of plugins won't show check marks
3. Can't get ScummVM games to show anymore doing like it did before(issue 70)
4. The about screen no longer shows the loaded ios(after further review, it appears i was in neek mode after returning from running neek2o wiiware from wiiflow):P

games seem to be loading great so far though!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: