Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FryGuy71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill have to try this when I get home. And to bring up an old request I had, did you ever get around to allowing us to turn off the music filename banner that flashes with each track change? It is really bugging me, if you can't tell. :)

Thanks so much for your hard work!
There's now a display_music_info option in the wiiflow.ini file under the [GENERAL] section. You can use that to disable the banner.
Super! Thanks FIX!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going thru my apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and I noticed a few things I've been meaning to ask:

compress_cache=no - I don't understand what this does or how it helps anything
cover_buffer=120 - I heard ppl set it to 120, but I really don't see what it does.
cover_prio=0 - wth is this?!?
cover_use_hq=no - When I set to yes, only a few covers show. When I go to browse any game, it's a lot slower at loading the covers. Anyway to speed things up?

Sorry to ask alot of ?'s. Just seeking abit of wiiflow knowledge.
Thanks.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'll tell you what I know (and this is all IIRC)
a compressed cache would take less space but NOT compressed would help WiiFlow load the cache faster
cover_buffer=120 - I heard ppl set it to 120, but I really don't see what it does.
I think that tells WiiFlow how many covers to load at a time. If it's too low, you'll see boxes near the edges of the screen that don't have a cover on them until they get near the center of the screen where the selected game is.
The bigger the number, the more covers it loads before they even get on the screen. This way it's less likely you can just scroll through them so fast that it can't load them that fast and you just end up scrolling through blank covers until you stop and it can catch up.
If you set it TOO high, though, WiiFlow will run out of memory and crash.
I'm with you on this one ... don't know.
(I'd guess it means the processor priority of some thread that has to do with covers but that's just a stab in the dark.)
cover_use_hq=no - When I set to yes, only a few covers show. When I go to browse any game, it's a lot slower at loading the covers. Anyway to speed things up?
The HQ covers look nicer and more detailed when you look at them up close but they are bigger and take longer to load when you use them. I'm guessing some covers don't show up when you set it to "yes" because the first time it has to recreate a new, bigger, more detailed cache for that cover and maybe you no longer have the PNG covers for those games and so it can't recreate the cache it actually uses to put on the screen. (I suppose it would be IDEAL if it didn't delete the old cache until it's realized whether there's still a PNG to replace it with but that might not be the case and could be something that could be fixed.)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do like the idea of your icons. from my own experience of making themes. i would try an put them on the cat page. instead of check marks. i'm free for my three days off cycle. so i can try if you want/would like.
Alright, cool. I'll pm you a link of what I got so far. We'll have to wait until Fledge68 decides to make his move to get it set up fully. ;)

Oct-02-2012-16h32m34s_zpsea1540c1.png

WHO WANTS IT?
This all is neat but how do you expect to handle the checkmarks, x's and +'s for selected, hidden, and required? Sorry but i don't think different colored backgrounds will work. not everyone will no the green is for hidden and red for required. The only real solution i can think of would be to have a small box in the lower left corner (or any corner) of each image for the checkmark, x, or +. Something similar to the little arrow on a desktop icon that means it's a short cut.

Also ... don't get your hopes up. I'm not really wanting to take on re-coding the categories menu. And i'm really lacking the time to take on this challenge. I'm not as fast as Fix. It takes me days to do what he does in a few hours.

Reactions: 1 person

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opps, me again, I noticed I'm having problems trying to name my WiiWare games to their correct names. How do I do this exactly? Do I have to open the .wad file first and rename it using a program?
I tried to go to custom_titles.ini in my wiiflow/settings folder but course it was a no go. Is there another way I don't know or something?? Again, Thanks to everyone for helping me out with everything.
:)

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do like the idea of your icons. from my own experience of making themes. i would try an put them on the cat page. instead of check marks. i'm free for my three days off cycle. so i can try if you want/would like.
Alright, cool. I'll pm you a link of what I got so far. We'll have to wait until Fledge68 decides to make his move to get it set up fully. ;)

WHO WANTS IT?
This all is neat but how do you expect to handle the checkmarks, x's and +'s for selected, hidden, and required? Sorry but i don't think different colored backgrounds will work. not everyone will no the green is for hidden and red for required. The only real solution i can think of would be to have a small box in the lower left corner (or any corner) of each image for the checkmark, x, or +. Something similar to the little arrow on a desktop icon that means it's a short cut.

Also ... don't get your hopes up. I'm not really wanting to take on re-coding the categories menu. And i'm really lacking the time to take on this challenge. I'm not as fast as Fix. It takes me days to do what he does in a few hours.
Allowing custom graphics for each category would be nice but I think it would be just as much if not more work to automatically extract the category info from the XML info. And to replicate what we have available now you would need to add the ability to have ESRB rating categories and whatever else people have custom setup in their categories.ini.

Does seem like a lot of work and the current categories work so nice and fast now.

Not sure if there is a request queue for WiiFlow but I would put this mid to bottom of the priority list if there are other cool things to work on.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also use Maxternal's Categories.ini, with some heavy modifications could you include pics for the ESRB ones as well if it's not too much to ask? If not just an RPG please! I'm definitely digging the icons.
LOL
I don't actually have a Categories.ini.
I think I had once posted one of [member='bostonbc']'s INI's that I had run through my converter app as a test, though. That might be what you're talking about.
Whoops sorry, you're right, I meant to say it was bostonBC's categories.ini that I use.
BTW - here is the latest version with the new games like Just Dance 4, Wipeout 3, FIFA 13 etc setup in the new v4 format.

Edit: here is a mediafire link for the file...

http://www.mediafire...twqwka584wg2ey4

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going thru my apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini and I noticed a few things I've been meaning to ask:

Sorry to ask alot of ?'s. Just seeking abit of wiiflow knowledge.
Thanks.

for cover buffer, it actually only goes up to 80. and ive never experienced a crash setting it this high.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Tried the plugin update, now all is well with sega. Also got cps2 set up anyone got a source menu icon for it yet?
I made these:
2yv4cvn.jpg

grab'em from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?sqo75lkqd15dbtd

I'm currently updating the source menu icons, hopefully I'll release a new source menu pack by the end of the week :)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WHO WANTS IT?

The way I have it, the faded icons are unselected, the normal looking ones are selected, the transparent ones hidden, and the colored ones are required. I know you're busy, and I'm not trying to pressure you. If you or Fix can just get it so each category can have it's own properties by way of the category ini similar to how the source menu is set up, that would be enough, and anyone who wants to set it up that way can. I'd like to discuss this in more detail when you have the time.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the icons. Got any idea how this nego geo performs in comparrison to gxgeo?
I found that most neogeo and CPS (Final Burn) roms I have are not working with retroarch.
Not sure iif it's incompatibility or compilation issues but I'll try to find out soon.
I also have neorageX and modeler Roms, @Mastershoes do these work with retroarch too?

@drakorex
try my new rc3 in my sig I've already fixed the page button on category page

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got any idea how this nego geo performs in comparrison to gxgeo?

If you have the FBA compatible neo geo set... i have gotten 127 games working through retroarch, which is a lot more than i had working through gxgeo... also, the controller setups, and save state make this emu waaaaay better for Neo-Geo in my opinion. Here's a list of the games I have tested and working for it.

3 Count Bout
2020 Super Baseball
Aero Fighters 2 (Sonic Wings 2)
Aero Fighters 3 (Sonic Wings 3)
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Alpha Mission II
Andro Dunos
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Art of Fighting 3 - The Path of the Warrior
Bakatono-sama Mahjong Man'yuki
Baseball Stars 2
Baseball Stars Professional
Battle Flip Shot
Blazing Star
Blue's Journey
Breakers
Breakers Revenge
Burning Fight
Captain Tomaday
Chibi Maruko-chan Deluxe Quiz
Columns
Crossed Swords
Cyber-Lip
Diggerman
Double Dragon
Eightman
Far East of Eden
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Fatal Fury 3
Fatal Fury Special
Fighting Fever
Football Frenzy
Ganryu (Musashi Ganryuki)
Galaxy Fight - Universal Warrior
Ghost Pilots
Ghostlop
Goal! Goal! Goal!
Gururin
Iron Clad
Jockey Grand Prix
Jyanshin Densetsu - Quest of Jongmaster
Karnov's Revenge
King of Fighters '95
King of Fighters '96
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Kizuna Encounter - Super Tag Battle
Last Resort
League Bowling
Legend of Success
Magical Drop II
Magical Drop III
Magician Lord
Mahjong Kyoretsuden
Master of Syougi
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Minnasan no Okagesama Desu
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Mutation Nation
NAM-1975
Neo Bomberman
Neo Driftout - New Technology
Neo Mr. Do!
Neo Turf Masters
Neo-Geo Cup '98 - The Road to Victory
Neo-Pong
Nightmare in the Dark
Ninja Combat
Ninja Commando
Ninja Masters
Over Top
Panic Bomber
Pleasure Goal - 5 on 5 Mini Soccer
Pochi & Nyaa
Pop 'n Bounce
Power Spikes II
Pulstar
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Bobble 2
Puzzle de Pon!
Puzzle de Pon! R!
Puzzled (Joy Joy Kid)
Quiz Daisousa Sen - The Last Countdown
Quiz Daisousa Sen Part 2 - Quiz Meitantei Neo & Geo
Quiz King of Fighters
Ragnagard
Real Bout Fatal Fury
Riding Hero
Robo Army
Samurai Shodown
Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown III
Samurai Shodown IV - Amakusa's Revenge
Savage Reign
Sengoku
Sengoku 2
Shock Troopers
Soccer Brawl
Spin Master - Miracle Adventure
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner 2
Street Hoops
Super Dodge Ball
Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 2 - The World Championship
Super Sidekicks 3 - The Next Glory
Super Spy
Tecmo World Soccer '96
The Ultimate 11 - SNK Football Championship
Thrash Rally
Top Hunter
Top Player Golf
Twinkle Star Sprites
Viewpoint
Voltage Fighter - Gowcaizer
Waku Waku 7
Wind Jammers
World Heroes
World Heroes 2
World Heroes Jet
World Heroes Perfect
Zed Blade
Zintrick
Zupapa

Thanks for the icons. Got any idea how this nego geo performs in comparrison to gxgeo?
I found that most neogeo and CPS (Final Burn) roms I have are not working with retroarch.
Not sure iif it's incompatibility or compilation issues but I'll try to find out soon.
I also have neorageX and modeler Roms, @Mastershoes do these work with retroarch too?

I haven't tried those romsets man, sorry. Nice new Icons though! I started messin' with some yesterday, i'll also put some together and add them to the sets... What do you think? One for CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo, and maybe a genereal "retro-arch" one? They have a mame release coming too..

Also... I confirmed every plugin setup and working last night, nice work @Fix94 :)

Anybody have any ideas of what to do for covers for the retroarch games? I got a few, but nothing short of a headache..

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I found that most neogeo and CPS (Final Burn) roms I have are not working with retroarch. Not sure iif it's incompatibility or compilation issues but I'll try to find out soon. I also have neorageX and modeler Roms, @Mastershoes do these work with retroarch too?
I haven't tried those romsets man, sorry. Nice new Icons though! I started messin' with some yesterday, i'll also put some together and add them to the sets... What do you think? One for CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo, and maybe a genereal "retro-arch" one? They have a mame release coming too.. Also... I confirmed every plugin setup and working last night, nice work @Fix94 :) Anybody have any ideas of what to do for covers for the retroarch games? I got a few, but nothing short of a headache..
I'll try to have different icons than originals or same one with "R" in one of the corners for retroarch stuff.
also I didn't test all the retroarch stuff yet so I need to change some setups first.
Thanks for that working game list.
Abz

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Opps, me again, I noticed I'm having problems trying to name my WiiWare games to their correct names. How do I do this exactly? Do I have to open the .wad file first and rename it using a program?
I tried to go to custom_titles.ini in my wiiflow/settings folder but course it was a no go. Is there another way I don't know or something?? Again, Thanks to everyone for helping me out with everything.
The wiiware GameID is the 4-digit thing you see at the top of the screen when you're in the settings in WiiFlow for that particular game. The basic custom_titles.ini file format is like this:
Code:
[TITLES]
UNEO=USBLoader GX Forwarder Channel
DWFA=WiiFlow Forwarder Channel
Just make sure you have a blank line at the beginning of the file and no spaces around the =

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto