Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Extrems just wrote that the not64 setup is a bit different, the correct argument line is:
arguments=rompath = "{device}:/{path}/{name}"

Reactions: 1 person

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i start WiiFlow 4.0.2 i just get a black screen when launching any game and the wiiremote shuts down followd by wiiflow going to the Wii main menu.
What am i doing wrong here? Everything is in order, I used ModMii for everything relating to this particular Wii's softmods.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the latest wiiflow, updated my plugin inis.everything works except for genplus. Anyone get it working? Also I'd like to know if anyone has gotten any other emulators working this way.

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the latest wiiflow, updated my plugin inis.everything works except for genplus. Anyone get it working? Also I'd like to know if anyone has gotten any other emulators working this way.

I just got everything setup with r744 as well..

I'm having problems with genplusgx, wiimednafen, and mplayer-ce over here.. fceugx, snes9xgx, wii64, and vbagx worked fine. Everything was working prior to the switch.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just got everything setup with r744 as well..

I'm having problems with genplusgx, wiimednafen, and mplayer-ce over here.. fceugx, snes9xgx, wii64, and vbagx worked fine. Everything was working prior to the switch.

Well Wiimednafen and mplayer each have a different entry than the others.

For wiimednafen add:
"arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}|{loader}"

For mplayerce and not64 (havent tested yet) add:
"arguments={device}:/{path}/{name}"
You pasted them exactly as they're shown here? Not quite sure how it all works, but it does. Just can't get genplus to work. It loads the emulator, starting me off at the devkit screen.

Also, I'm still having issues with other things. Has anyone ever gotten emunand working from sd? I tried it but it just showed the extract nand screen. I extracted it, but when I went back to the main screen, it keeps showing up.

Hope Fix or Fledge68 will bother to help get category icons working. Like this post if you think it's cool.

Also keeping my fingers crossed for Only specifically designed Coverflow cycling for emus.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have yet to get emunand to show.( ever since wiiflow was able to use it.). so i just removed that part of the coverflow all together.( no need to see what on my nand when all it is are a bunch of crapp channels.). also i do like the idea of your icons. from my own experience of making themes. i would try an put them on the cat page. instead of check marks. i'm free for my three days off cycle. so i can try if you want/would like.

still think mp3 coverflow would be sweeter.. since we can already play mp3's with wiiflow.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, finally got retroarch to work :D
Sample INI to use its NES plugin just like fceugx:
Code:
[PLUGIN]
magic=5254524E
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=fceugx
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=retroarch-wii/fceumm.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=RetroArch NES
consoleCoverID=nintendo
arguments={device}:/{path}/|{name}
To use it, just grab the latest libretro release and extract the "retroarch-wii" folder into your "wiiflow/plugins" folder. You should be able to do that with every dol from retroarch ;)

Reactions: 4 people

FryGuy71

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, heres plugin pack v6 and wiiflow r745 in one package!
http://www.mediafire...e6awr8pnzp1ozsq
This pack has 20 inis, I'm too lazy to list all plugins lol, it contains all plugins from the v5 pack and adds not64 as well as all retroarch emus (compiled by myself).
Ill have to try this when I get home. And to bring up an old request I had, did you ever get around to allowing us to turn off the music filename banner that flashes with each track change? It is really bugging me, if you can't tell. :)

Thanks so much for your hard work!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ill have to try this when I get home. And to bring up an old request I had, did you ever get around to allowing us to turn off the music filename banner that flashes with each track change? It is really bugging me, if you can't tell. :)

Thanks so much for your hard work!
There's now a display_music_info option in the wiiflow.ini file under the [GENERAL] section. You can use that to disable the banner.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do like the idea of your icons. from my own experience of making themes. i would try an put them on the cat page. instead of check marks. i'm free for my three days off cycle. so i can try if you want/would like.
Alright, cool. I'll pm you a link of what I got so far. We'll have to wait until Fledge68 decides to make his move to get it set up fully. ;)

Oct-02-2012-16h32m34s_zpsea1540c1.png

WHO WANTS IT?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
i do like the idea of your icons. from my own experience of making themes. i would try an put them on the cat page. instead of check marks. i'm free for my three days off cycle. so i can try if you want/would like.
Alright, cool. I'll pm you a link of what I got so far. We'll have to wait until Fledge68 decides to make his move to get it set up fully.

WHO WANTS IT?
I'm a graphics junkie so yes I want it and I love it lol. Seriously it looks great but I have a request. I'm a huge RPG fan and I can't go without a separate category for them, could u make an icon for an RPG category? This is all that's missing in that pic that I would love to see.

I also use Maxternal's BostonBC's (sorry bro :))Categories.ini, with some heavy modifications could you include pics for the ESRB ones as well if it's not too much to ask? If not just an RPG please! I'm definitely digging the icons.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, cool. I'll pm you a link of what I got so far. We'll have to wait until Fledge68 decides to make his move to get it set up fully.

WHO WANTS IT?
I'm a graphics junkie so yes I want it and I love it lol. Seriously it looks great but I have a request. I'm a huge RPG fan and I can't go without a separate category for them, could u make an icon for an RPG category? This is all that's missing in that pic that I would love to see.

I also use Maxternal's Categories.ini, with some heavy modifications could you include pics for the ESRB ones as well if it's not too much to ask? If not just an RPG please! I'm definitely digging the icons.

RPG is already done. I made two different ones because I couldn't decide which one I like better :P ESRB ratings won't be too hard to do either. I also included the blank buttons so we can add others as we wish. Problem is that what is shown on page 1 is mirrored on all other pages, and even across other modes. Just gonna have to wait until Fledge gets the bugs worked out. *fingers crossed, breath held, etc*

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I also use Maxternal's Categories.ini, with some heavy modifications could you include pics for the ESRB ones as well if it's not too much to ask? If not just an RPG please! I'm definitely digging the icons.
LOL
I don't actually have a Categories.ini.
I think I had once posted one of [member='bostonbc']'s INI's that I had run through my converter app as a test, though. That might be what you're talking about.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL
I don't actually have a Categories.ini.
I think I had once posted one of [member='bostonbc']'s INI's that I had run through my converter app as a test, though. That might be what you're talking about.
Whoops sorry, you're right, I meant to say it was bostonBC's categories.ini that I use.

sdoc96

Creaky Old Stiff Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys - neek2o question.
Set this up for the first time last night (as per the wiki). Tested a few troublesome games (Swords, Bonsai) through neek2o itself (via the installed channel then neek2o system menu) and worked fine.
When I tried the same games via Wiiflow (launched via real NAND channel) I get the warning screen and some of the title screen, then a crash to the Red Screen Of Death with "an error has occurred", or something to that effect.
Then I changed the game option to start using neek2o and just got a black screen with a flashing drive light (every second or so).
Any ideas/pointers as to what I might have done wrong?

EDIT: Pal games on Pal NAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto