FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
drvipej said:
mugotu, I tried renaming it and it is the same and does not work, must be me, not sure why, don't think it's the file...hmmmm, might just try and dl it again.
Yeah maybe redownloading helps, the wad is fine for sure. You can also try to uninstall the wad before installing it helped me once to get rid of the error -1035
laugh.gif

brendy03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been following the beta releases quite closely and upgrading as they appear. I've upgraded to r414, and I've been using d2x7fix for some time. With r414 all appears pretty good apart from I can't get any network access, which means I can't download covers or WIITDB files. Anyone else have this problem? When I try to do either of these actions wiiflow immediately return to it's menus with no downloads. This is the same if I have Init Network at Start-up on or off. Any thoughts?

thehopeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep the good work guys? maybe i can suggest a lower memory footprint and a database of recommended cIOS and configurations...
I know there is no database. but someone on the team could just search for known problematic games such as Black OPS, Guitar Hero, Rock Band etc.....then show a popup??? maybe we could integrate this in WiiTDB??? using a code in the description or any other field.
Keep it up.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thehopeman said:
but someone on the team could just search for known problematic games such as Black OPS, Guitar Hero, Rock Band etc.....then show a popup???
We have a feature like that, well it will never say you in a message that it's a "problematic" game but it will automatically load the needed cIOS for you. If the cIOS the game needs is not found it will use the currently loaded one. I also don't think it's needed to add a popup, everyone who got a problem (hopefully) looks into the wiki.

@brendy03:
Hmm network access depends, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, that's a wii problem no wiiflow one.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
@brendy03:
Hmm network access depends, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, that's a wii problem no wiiflow one.

I can vouch for this also... You can tell when you network is running and that is if you have your news channel setup. When you see the scrolling text then it's fine. There are many times that the text does not scroll and that is when you know you are having network issues.

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, wiiflow is probably slowing down again for awhile. After the situation I was in last month and everyone helped me out, I ended up $300 short for rent again this month, so I sold one of my wii's. I'm still 100 short and have a pending eviction but I'm hoping to get some things sold on ebay in time. So I dont know where that leaves me but I really need to find some income now. Hopefully a good job pops up for me in southern california where my skills will be useful and then I can continue development of homebrew. I'll still be around on irc and make the occasional fix if I have time but I can't risk my family being on the street because I spent too much time programming. Its killing my marriage and making life miserable that I cant just do what I love to do and be financially stable. Anyways, have fun with how far we have brought it for now. Later.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Sorry to hear that Miigotu. I sent you a donation, hope you'll manage to get enough money for rent. Hope you will pick up Wiiflow development when things look better again
smile.gif

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
drvipej said:
mugotu, I tried renaming it and it is the same and does not work, must be me, not sure why, don't think it's the file...hmmmm, might just try and dl it again.
Yeah maybe redownloading helps, the wad is fine for sure. You can also try to uninstall the wad before installing it helped me once to get rid of the error -1035
laugh.gif

uninstalling did the trick, thanks fix94...

reading mugotu reality check brings everything in perspective....Family always come first.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
Just an update, wiiflow is probably slowing down again for awhile. After the situation I was in last month and everyone helped me out, I ended up $300 short for rent again this month, so I sold one of my wii's. I'm still 100 short and have a pending eviction but I'm hoping to get some things sold on ebay in time. So I dont know where that leaves me but I really need to find some income now. Hopefully a good job pops up for me in southern california where my skills will be useful and then I can continue development of homebrew. I'll still be around on irc and make the occasional fix if I have time but I can't risk my family being on the street because I spent too much time programming. Its killing my marriage and making life miserable that I cant just do what I love to do and be financially stable. Anyways, have fun with how far we have brought it for now. Later.
I just lost my job too but have some dollars to spare. I am sorry to hear it and just sent a donation in... I know a lot of people use it and love it.

If everyone else also drops you a $20 it may help a bit.

I am going to grab the source and start poking around. Now that I have some more time free I would love to help as time permits between job searches. I have been managing developers for a long time and haven't been doing hands on coding but I'm hoping I haven't forgotten too much :-)

With your skills you should be able to get a good position - the programmer market is supposed to be hot right now.

jefftheriffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
Just an update, wiiflow is probably slowing down again for awhile. After the situation I was in last month and everyone helped me out, I ended up $300 short for rent again this month, so I sold one of my wii's. I'm still 100 short and have a pending eviction but I'm hoping to get some things sold on ebay in time. So I dont know where that leaves me but I really need to find some income now.

How much do you need?

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to drop in a dol from my latest commit, and to ask that everyone make sure they link wiiflowiki.com instead of having guides all over the place for wiiflow. If someone wants access to the new wiiflowiki to help out let me know. It is no longer just wiiflow related, softmodding guides, other homebrew guides, everything wii related is welcome on the new wiki. We already transclude or have imported a shitload from wiibrew (All wiki's content have an open license) and have started alot of work on it, along with some custom extensions. We can even include posts from forums if I add them as a transclude source.

This rev brings some fixes to titles and languages, and also adds sorting by playcount and wifi players count.
You can find the full changelog here: wiiflow-dev changelog
Latest DOL (In my dropbox, always updates automatically when I make a beta)

I hope I can come back to work on wiiflow again soon, it has my blood in it, and has taught me so much.
It was planned sorting by esrb and controller types but I havent made it that far. Saves from USB work with the private beta of d2x to be released soon I hope.
Also 3TB drives should be working if they have an MBR partition table and not a GPT partition table.

jefftheriffer said:
mugotu said:
Just an update, wiiflow is probably slowing down again for awhile. After the situation I was in last month and everyone helped me out, I ended up $300 short for rent again this month, so I sold one of my wii's. I'm still 100 short and have a pending eviction but I'm hoping to get some things sold on ebay in time. So I dont know where that leaves me but I really need to find some income now.

How much do you need?

Still about $75 short.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Etheboss said:
DeadlyFoez said:
mugotu said:
the .dol is only 1,686 KB and does not launch at all. Something messed up somewhere.
DeadlyFoez, it's a compressed dol so if you use a forwarder make sure it supports compressed dols.
Trying to launch it using priiloader. Can I get a non-compressed version of it somewhere. I can't compile this stuff myself.

no, update your priiloader or dol installed to priiloader on http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow/forwarders
Every release is compressed now so there is no sense waiting to update your priiloader or channel forwarder

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
mugotu said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Trying to launch it using priiloader. Can I get a non-compressed version of it somewhere. I can't compile this stuff myself.

no, update your priiloader or dol installed to priiloader on http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow/forwarders
Every release is compressed now so there is no sense waiting to update your priiloader or channel forwarder
I've got the latest priiloader that modmii downloads. I just updated my kids wii after not toughing it in months. I'm using the latest .dol that you had the link to.

I don't care to use a forwarder because I have wiiflow launch at boot and I don't want any delay if I can avoid it. Any other suggestions or things I don't know about? I had never known that there was compressed .dol's now. Where the hell have I been?

Either way, where can I get one of these forwarders? Why can't wiiflow be wrapped by the decompressing code? Can the .dol be uncompressed and save as an uncompressed version or would that require a recompile? And why are people bothering to compress it when space is not an issue?

Being that the forwarder uses and requires IOS58, I would assume that I can't extract the .dol from the .wad and launch that within priiloader. Is that correct?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DeadlyFoez said:
Being that the forwarder uses and requires IOS58, I would assume that I can't extract the .dol from the .wad and launch that within priiloader. Is that correct?
Only the CHANNEL requires ios58. The dol not.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What do i actually install to give this loader a go, all i find is just newest dol etc, same with wiki page forwards you to just a dol, what installer do i use and where do i get it to install for the fiorst time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries