Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the purpose of explorer? I had a chance to check it out and all, but I don't understand the purpose of it if you can't do nothing. I'm not bagging cuz I do like the idea, I just would like to know what we're planning to do with this. Thanks.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So now that the file explorer took the final shape (hopefully), I cleaned up the old unused stuff from the theme ini file and redesigned the page.
Changes:
Explorer window is now very wide for very long file names support
Explorer window frame is using "user" now to save some memory
Repositioned the buttons (back and set)

P.S. I might move the frame up later to make it more symetrical

fledge68 can the page button show all the time for better cosmesis

screenies:
UevZV72.jpg

nhqftX8.jpg

7W66Vtg.jpg

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimpathy - I've been so busy with wiiflow lately that I forgot to thank you for updating the wii2600 plugin. Thank you. Maybe you can make two versions (a & b). One will launch the game immediately and the other will go to the startup menu first. Thanks again.

Abz - the page button all the time ... Not a bad idea. It does seem strange when it's gone. Nice work on your theme update.

MassiveRican - thank you for your kind words. But I just want to make sure that you know r943 and the mios install feature was FIX94 not me. r942 alpha sort was me and while I was proud of myself for accomplishing it (cause I'm still learning) I knew that Fix94 could write the code better.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No problem fledge68, I can understand you have other priorities, and the explorer feature takes you a lot of time and hard work. However, I was a bit perplex having no reactions (good or bad) but again no prob. I'll try to make your suggestion for 2 versions. Later, after my holydays.

I have a question too for you and others. I was testing my scripts to generate the categories for all the plugins. No big issue till I realized the categories_v4.ini was lacking some plugin's entries. How are they generated and when ? I mean only the filenames followed by = without any category assigned.
I also noticed the filenames containing a dot are truncated (Dr. Mario for ex. will be D=).

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 whoops sorry bud I hadn't seen that, r939 & r943 where your doing right over in the author's commit log ^_^ My fault, you know I always give credit where credit is due. WiiFlow is shaping up to be more than I could have ever imagined cuz of u two. Thanks :bow: . Special thanks to Wiimpathy, mamule, Ayatus, all themers and anyone else who has contributed to WiiFlow as well.

ToddofWar420 the explorer is very useful, for one we can now choose which WAD to install to our e-NAND right through WF, choose music files not in the music folder, we can change e-NAND's on-the-fly by selecting the folder including root folder. I probably missed other uses, anyone feel free to jump in and include whatever other functionality it has.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the purpose of explorer? I had a chance to check it out and all, but I don't understand the purpose of it if you can't do nothing. I'm not bagging cuz I do like the idea, I just would like to know what we're planning to do with this. Thanks.
with explorer you can play .ogg and .mp3 music songs and install channel .wad's to your emu nand and install mios .wad's to your real nand and launch Wii and GC games. Although not sure why you want to do the last one when you have wiiflow. And there's a possibility Fix94 may add picture viewer and txt reader to it. And plus it's used when you want to switch emu nands and possibly other paths sometime in the future.

Reactions: ToddofWar420

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I'm hoping in the future we might be able to change other paths or change WiiFlow.ini values right from within WF, it would be a nice time saver and convenient, although if that's not the route devs decide to go it's np.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem fledge68, I can understand you have other priorities, and the explorer feature takes you a lot of time and hard work. However, I was a bit perplex having no reactions (good or bad) but again no prob. I'll try to make your suggestion for 2 versions. Later, after my holydays.

I have a question too for you and others. I was testing my scripts to generate the categories for all the plugins. No big issue till I realized the categories_v4.ini was lacking some plugin's entries. How are they generated and when ? I mean only the filenames followed by = without any category assigned.
I also noticed the filenames containing a dot are truncated (Dr. Mario for ex. will be D=).
How are they generated and when ? I believe you have to view the covers for that plugin and then go to categories once to have them added. could be wrong.

I also noticed the filenames containing a dot are truncated (Dr. Mario for ex. will be D=)
ooops remove the dot and it should be fine. may need to rework code so it doesn't do that

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, ok thanks, that's what I thought. Maybe, there's an error in my settings. The hdd was corrupted but is repaired now. I guess I'll have to try again with a new install.

As for the truncated filenames, it's not a very big issue (there aren't so many) but renaming would defeat the purpose of the scripts. They're based on filenames because I was wrong about crc roms. The crc have changed a lot in fact, over the years (diff. dumps etc...). On the opposite, filename conventions, tosec/no-intro/goodname are constant off course.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Ayatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Translators, please, update your language files so I could put the repository up to date.

Remember these two lines which not in english.ini:
Code:
home8=File Explorer
home9=Source Menu

Reactions: FIX94

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
AbdallahTerro hey bud I see you've updated your extracted pack with the latest changes, wanted to know if an all-in-one zip is coming for r946 or if I should wait a while? Reason I ask is a buddy of mine wants WiiFlow to work like mine, unfortunately my setup is only halfway updated adding all of Wiimmy's plugins and would be much faster for me just to drag and drop your zip with a few minor tweaks here and there. If you're planning on making more changes before uploading a full zip lemme know and I'll tell him to wait.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How can i disable the playlog of my games on wii messageboard using wiiflow?. i want to test some games, and i don`t want everythingb appearing in wii messageboard. When i disable this with cfg usb loader, on wii message board appears ``homebrew channel``. I want to nothing appears. Is it possible in wiiflow?

mamule

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ all: new bug (default, orchid and gothic are affected may be other themes but not carbonik)

To reproduce the issue, please try to dowload gametdb.
you must return to the page 1/6 of the parameters.

re-try download gametdb, nothing happens.

You'll notice that the back button is a leave button, clic on, it transform in back button.

And the texte "cancel...." (like [DOWNLOAD/MESSAGE 1 or 2] appears

Wii blocked, cool !

And for that ? someone is over? c'est rien mais embêtant :)

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to mixed a plugin with Wii or gamecube games? For example I want to show wii games + gamecube games. Or gamecube games + N64 games (this is what interest me.)

I want to do this through a button in the source_menu. I already do this but with two plugins (for example a button for megadrive and master system) but now I want to do emulator+wii/gc.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to mixed a plugin with Wii or gamecube games? For example I want to show wii games + gamecube games. Or gamecube games + N64 games (this is what interest me.)

I want to do this through a button in the source_menu. I already do this but with two plugins (for example a button for megadrive and master system) but now I want to do emulator+wii/gc.
sorry no only plugins can be merged into one source btn. I have thought about making a change there but it's just a thought for now.

edit: you do know you can choose more than one source btn at a time by using the + on wiimote.

momin

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry no only plugins can be merged into one source btn. I have thought about making a change there but it's just a thought for now.

edit: you do know you can choose more than one source btn at a time by using the + on wiimote.

Thanks a lot, I knew about using "B" button on wiimote to choose more than one source button (wiimote only without nunchuck). If I press + button it go to the next page of the source menu :S

I would greatly appreciate that someday we could merged wii+gc or wii/gc+plugins.

Meanwhile I would like to ask if anyone knows how to display a GAMECUBE game without having the iso on the HDD to save space, I want to do this with games that are not compatible with DM (audio streaming). But having the .iso in the HDD is a waste of space, so I want only show them on wiiflow and put a mark on their covers indicating that I should insert the disc for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop opening pms from @Psionic Roshambo