Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Can i ask some other thing?
Where goes the file that wiiflow downloads from gametdb?
And it seems that i cant still put custom titles, at least it dosnt crash when i go to the options anymore
ex:

[TITLES]
R4ZJ01=Fatal Frame 4

Is this ok?
Looks good make sure u leave a space at the top before [TITLES] and you're all set. Have not had any troubles with custom_titles.ini for a loooong time.

EDIT: Didn't get a chance to test r880 last night which compels me to sadness. Don't think I've forgotten I will return with my results at a later time.

otetas69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks good make sure u leave a space at the top before [TITLES] and you're all set. Have not had any troubles with custom_titles.ini for a loooong time.

EDIT: Didn't get a chance to test r880 last night which compels me to sadness. Don't think I've forgotten I will return with my results at a later time.

Yes, i have i left a space before [TITLE], but no juice yet. Maybe... i need to delete the cache?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Since my modification for WiiFlow of the Mighty Channels plugin that CFG uses didn't work too well (I'll figure it out eventually) I decided to also make ...

The Neek2o Plugin

http://www.mediafire.com/?egsumu8yoc93yo7

It's a real simple little program that just asks Neek2o to boot a channel (same way that WiiFlow can be set to do) Just like my other rather redundant plugins it's just to be able to mix things together in a SINGLE source menu button. It also comes with the same Plugin Prep app that the Mighty plugin came with so it will work off the same dummy files if you want or run the app first from a computer to create them.

Right now it's set to return to the WiiFlow hidden channel IN Neek2o. (untested now that I think of it) but if you want it to return to real NAND system menu instead you SHOULD be able to just add |--NK2O to the end of the arguments in the INI (or any other channel you have in your emuNAND)

THEORETICALLY it can also tell Neek2o to directly boot a Wii or GC game ... but I have mine on a separate partition that Neek2o can't use so I have yet to test that. If you want to test it you can set the rom folder in the INI to the WBFS folder or the dummy folder folder for Wii or GC games that may have been created for my other plugins and add the GC, ISO, or WBFS extensions to the file types.

EDIT : For anyone who needs a simple example of how to to ask neek2o to do that, the code is included ... as long as you can read my lack of elegant coding style.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After what you responded with and after reading what it said from wiibrew, I found I was placing the cheats in the cheats folder I had on my SD card. Once I moved it to the Hdd, everything worked.
Idk tho, my mind was in the clouds when I first started messing with it.

masterjakeway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
880 is working good! Except...
I think there may be a problem with how cache is being written?
Like, i deleted my cache folder, loaded wiiflow and let all my covers load.
Go and check my cache folder, and it's still empty.
Load wiiflow again, and us acting like the covers aren't cached. Will only hold 6 or so covers on the screen...
Other than that, the functions are all working great!

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
is there a way to convert cache files back to pngs?
seems latest rev is allergic to HQ covers

Edit: What I wanna do is convert HQ wfc files ~700kb each to LQ wfc ~170kb in a fast way (I don't have the pngs)
Edit2: a quick trick that almost solved the issue was to edit the wiiflow ini and change HQ to LQ in the following lines:

url_custom_full_covers=http://art.gametdb.com/wii/coverfullLQ2/{loc}/{gameid}.png
url_full_covers=http://art.gametdb.com/wii/coverfullLQ/{loc}/{gameid}.png|http://art.gametdb.com/wii/coverfull/{loc}/{gameid}.png

deleting the cache files and downloading covers made LQ wfc files
still need to find a way for the missing covers and the custom covers

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load wiiflow again, and us acting like the covers aren't cached. Will only hold 6 or so covers on the screen...
I noticed a cache problem too. I added rockband 2 and 3 manually which I had before so the cover pngs were already in the cover folder but when started wiiflow new revision 880 which auto re-maid the cache list it didn't make wfc cover image cache files. I had to delete the pngs, restart wiiflow and download the covers so it would make the wfc files.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix94 - is there a way to force WiiFlow to use the 2nd USB port?

I have a Wii where the 1st USB port is damaged and have loaded the v10b53 alt CIOS's since they are supposed to support the 2nd USB port.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have a 0 byte USB1_WII.DB file in your cache/lists folder?

If so delete it, then run a scan disk and fix any errors and then try it again.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
is it possible to use port1 with Wiiflow? Port0 is busted :(
I was an early Wiiflow 1.1 user but switched to UsbloaderGX + Hermes Cios when my port0 decided to stop working, because I knew that it was the only way to use port1 (except for the horrible uLoader) and in fact everything works, but I'd like to switch back to Wiiflow, because it's simply gorgeous.
Also, I'd like to use it with Retroarchwii emulator,is it possible and how does it work? Do I need some plugin?

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
I was an early Wiiflow 1.1 user but switched to UsbloaderGX + Hermes Cios when my port0 decided to stop working, because I knew that it was the only way to use port1 (except for the horrible uLoader) and in fact everything works, but I'd like to switch back to Wiiflow, because it's simply gorgeous.
Also, I'd like to use it with Retroarchwii emulator,is it possible and how does it work? Do I need some plugin?
Normally I would refer you to Abz pack at this point and tell you to check out WiiFlowiki for all the info you need. However I think his links are still down so still checkout the wiki and go here and d/load the latest WiiFlow and the WiiFlow Plugin Pack v7. Drag and drop everything to the root of your USB and install the WAD provided in the plugin pack.

There's a few things to do from there, but it's within WiiFlow itself and fairly simple. If you want to use the source menu there are a few additional steps to take but I recommend just starting off with the plugins first.

Of course if you can't use port 1 then this is all out of the question anyway so hopefully someone here has an answer for you on that topic lol.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i could be wrong here but i think what your looking for is d2x-alt :unsure:
it has 2 usb port support never used the alt version tho so don't know how it would work out
http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/wiki/How_to_choose_d2x_distribution

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
matto, massiverican, abdallahterro and anyone else that can't launch wii games with emusaves during combined view - try r880 please.
Yep r880 fixes that problem for me. I'm also re-setting up my entire Genesis/Megadrive collection to match up to Mastershoes & TOW420's humongous Genesis/Megadrive set of covers so I'll be testing cover cache loading extensively over the next week or so, I only get a few hours in throughout my week to test and play so it'll take me a while lol. So if there are any fixes applied to the current cover cache loading bug I'll be able to see what's up. I always use cover_hq=yes in my .ini, it's the only way to Flow :P

@Abz why are you trying to get LQ files, are you trying to save even more space on your SD card.. It's 2013 man time to upgrade to USB or get a bigger card :ha: (Just kiddin ya), don't you want to enjoy all your glorious cover in HQ?

@bostonbc I still can't reproduce the corrupted .db cache file bug, but maybe through the week or w/e with some more testing if it pops up I'll let you know.

PrimeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have WiiFlow 4.1 for vWii and WiiFlowChanel v1.1 and I have the following problem. Whenever I enter WiiFlow after a reboot, the only Game Partition seen is NAND. I cannot switch to USB1. Right now I found the following workarounds:
1. Exit WiiFlow and enter again and the USB1 is visible and can be selected - all the games work
2. When I first load WiiFlow I connect my drive in the WiiFlow loading time. Surprisingly, if I do this the USB1 is seen from the begining - all the games work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1