Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, try this one:
http://www.mediafire...48rnvtba2ravpcd
The fucked up banners may be still there, but the codedumps should be gone ;)
edit: ignore the last dol lol
http://www.mediafire...m857vlb6u0ft03d
Still getting the messed up banners, althought not as frequently. Every 5th or 6th game I scroll to is blank or it doesn't show the banner and pops out to the main coverflow and just shows the game selected w/o any banner.

If I keep scrolling through it now almost always shows just the main coverflow with the game selected and no banner.

Haven't seen a code dump yet which is good progress :)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Fix and Bostonbc are trying to fix the three row banner problem. And I hope they do because I have the prob too

But on a happy note for me. I managed to get the 'use neek' option working with wiiflow r616 and neek2o r90. The option was working but running wiiware games with the option set to 'no' caused a blank screen or something about system files corrupt error. After some searching i found mention of copying cert.sys from my real nand to my modmii nand so I tried it and it seems to have fixed my problem. now I can play all wiiware/vc games by just running wiiflow. Just have to set the problem ones to use neek. Also make sure nand emulation is set to full. The only down side is those that use neek don't return to wiiflow they return to the neek2o nand system menu.

edit - in case you don't know, neek2o r90 isn't officially released ... i was just one of the lucky ones on IRC that got a copy to try. Hopefully OverjoY will release it soon.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Fix and Bostonbc are trying to fix the three row banner problem. And I hope they do because I have the prob too

But on a happy note for me. I managed to get the 'use neek' option working with wiiflow r616 and neek2o r90. The option was working but running wiiware games with the option set to 'no' caused a blank screen or something about system files corrupt error. After some searching i found mention of copying cert.sys from my real nand to my modmii nand so I tried it and it seems to have fixed my problem. now I can play all wiiware/vc games by just running wiiflow. Just have to set the problem ones to use neek. Also make sure nand emulation is set to full. The only down side is those that use neek don't return to wiiflow they return to the neek2o nand system menu.

edit - in case you don't know, neek2o r90 isn't officially released ... i was just one of the lucky ones on IRC that got a copy to try. Hopefully OverjoY will release it soon.

Quick question on the neek2o and emulated NAND in general... I looked at this about a year ago and found it incredibly difficult to setup, plus I didn't like having to extract my Wiiware WAD's. Has that changed or do you still have to do al the extractions? And if I extract my NAND and extract my Wiiware WADS (I have over 700 of them) would I be able to clone the setup for the Wii in my basement or do it all again on that Wii since it has a different 'key'?

At one point I was hoping the WAD's themselves could just be run but that's probably too much to ask.

Hope that makes sense, I'm not sure if I know enough about it to ask a good question ;)

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the use neek option and got hit by a slew of problems. I went to modmii, got uneek+di setup, and booted up my new nand. That worked fine, so I moved on to wii/gc launching. Wii games launch just fine, but gamecube games shut the wii down when launched, even tried installing DM on emunand. Next, I tried some wiiware games. I tried Contra, which works fine on real nand, and castlevania, which always black screens after the first couple screens when launched from emunand from wiiflow. They both played fine when launched from the neek system menu. I tried launching them from wiiflow, boot with neek on, and all it did when I tried to play the game was boot to neek.
Also, I dunno what it's worth, but I decided to install the wiiflow forwarder on my emunand ad was able to successfully launch wii and wiiware games from it in neek mode. gamecube games still dumped. Also in neek mode, emunand and real nand are both my emunand, which is read as the real nand.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here is RC4:
http://www.mediafire...eo1yfr767ecjka8
Changes:
-changed the memory management yet again, now just use the mem which has enough space left instead of fixed memory in most parts
-fixed alot of things about banner playing, now shouldnt randomly codedump anymore or things like this, also some banner sounds which did not play before should work fine now
-removed unused code and added better debug prints
-using some fixed voice for game banner and not always a new one per banner
-fixed DIOS-MIOS cheats for sure now :P
-fixed possible memory allocation bug in wbfs alloc (thanks to cfg-loader)
-removed MEM2_memalign since it did not work correctly
-fixed a few wrong memset sizes
I may forgot something on the changelog, however now banners should not crash anymore and channels like the homebrew channel should finally have sound ;)

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is RC4:
Changes:

-changed the memory management yet again, now just use the mem which has enough space left instead of fixed memory in most parts
-fixed alot of things about banner playing, now shouldnt randomly codedump anymore or things like this, also some banner sounds which did not play before should work fine now
I may forgot something on the changelog, however now banners should not crash anymore and channels like the homebrew channel should finally have sound ;)

Black screen for me, thought it was working but it was old version....

---updated to delete bad link from quote

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Quick question on the neek2o and emulated NAND in general... I looked at this about a year ago and found it incredibly difficult to setup, plus I didn't like having to extract my Wiiware WAD's. Has that changed or do you still have to do al the extractions? And if I extract my NAND and extract my Wiiware WADS (I have over 700 of them) would I be able to clone the setup for the Wii in my basement or do it all again on that Wii since it has a different 'key'?

At one point I was hoping the WAD's themselves could just be run but that's probably too much to ask.

Hope that makes sense, I'm not sure if I know enough about it to ask a good question ;)
I'm not a NAND expert .... OverjoY would know more.

first off I'm a little confused by what you mean extract you wiiware/vc wads. Obviously you don't have that many wiiware games on your system menu (it doesn't hold that many). have you made them into forwarder iso's or something.

You really shoud try Modmii ... it's really easy to make a virgin NAND. And then use showmiiwads to add your wiiware games to it. You could also use bootmii to make a nand backup and then use showmiiwads to extract the files and folders from your nand backup

If you use modmii to make a virgin nand i recommend running it in neek2o first for once before you add any wiiware games because the more wiiware games you have installed the longer neek2o takes (10 mins+) to run the first time.

@drakorex - make sure you have neek2o r90. And the 'use neek' option only works if you run wiiflow on it's own. don't run neek2o and then wiiflow. also a few other things i did to my modmii created nand was - copied savegame folders title/00010000 and title/00010004 from my old nand that was working with wiifow to my new nand, And i ran usbloadergx and used it to copy my Mii's and sysconf from my real nand to my new nand along with the cert.sys file from a bootmii backup.

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More like it! I'm getting duplicate titles for most my games (one with banner, one without) though, is this something I'm doing or enabled??
May delete your cache/lists folder ;)

Yes, sorry - figured that one out before you responded. I'm having issues booting games though (Black Screen, no DIOS MIOS Splash), DIOS MIOS Booter and other loaders are still booting them so I'm pretty sure its not my setup.

---Update - I just got the "fatal apploader size is zero" on DIOS MIOS splash screen that works fine with DIOS MIOS Booter.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is RC4:
http://www.mediafire...eo1yfr767ecjka8
Changes:
I haven't had a crash on this version yet but the banner corruption in 3-up mode is still there.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a crash on this version yet but the banner corruption in 3-up mode is still there.
Yep, I also see why, may set down your cover buffer to 5 (really, you'll see they are more than 5 loaded)
I changed it from 20 to 5 but still saw the banner corruption. Also got a code dump but wasn't quick enough with the camera to snap it. Tried it again and got a black screen after scrolling through lots of games.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright bostonBC, I think I finally found the problem, RC5:
http://www.mediafire...lf4oy1hco53zc2d
Changes:
-set down cover display limit from over 800 (wtf) to 160
Cool, I will try this one and get right back to you.

Edit:

Yeah - no banner corruption. I did have a couple of instances where after scrolling through 30 or so banners it popped me out to the coverflow instead of viewing the banners and when I clicked a game again it didn't show the banner, just the game cover without a banner displayed

Weird... the covers aren't all loading on some coverflows.

If I keep the cover buffer to 5 it doesn't show all the covers on some coverflows...Same problem if I set it to cover_buffer=20

When I switch it to 30 more of the covers are loaded but now all but then the banner corruption happens again.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dunno why. But USB loader GX loads Rebel Strike PAL-G with default settings, and wiiflow RC5 doesn't.
Tried different settings, but nothing helped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4