Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#4 makes the most sense to me. In my opinion, nothing should be 'pressing some button while on another button'. Reloading the cache should probably be an option on the config menu, b should be the source menu.
Actually, that would be option #3 since #4 IS 'pressing some button while on another button' ;)
Ooops, you're right - fixed. Thanks!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had some work stuff that has kept me away for a while... Trying the new r488 and it no longer shows any of my covers. I saw in r482 a crc32 caching component was added.

Do I need to re-download all my covers?

I tried deleting my apps/wiiflow/wiiflow.ini file but now WiiFlow won't start.

I can pull that from a copy but I really don't want to have to download all 1150+ covers again.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix?

Edit: Trying to run any game code dumps. Should I try an earlier more stable version?

Edit/edit: Nevermind... I saw the release notes for r485 and pressed B on setting to reload the cache and game covers are now coming up and no more code dumps.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought [member='BostonBC'] was working on a website for this very thing. What ever happened to that?
Last I remember he was waiting for the hosting company to reset something but http://wiiflow.info/ still just shows an index listing.
Yep - 3 weeks now I've been unable to install the Wiki software. The hosting company blows chunks. If you ever get the chance DO NOT USE CPWebHosting. They are cheap but useless and their 'nice' support page closes tickets without resolution. I am going to start looking around for a new place. If anyone knows of a decent hosting company that has Wiki's please PM me.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's take a pole and end the decision on how to access the source menu. Your choices are:

1. 'A' on mode/view button icon. I will have to add a option to wiiflow.ini that you will have to set to yes because it will default to no. just like the d-pad option. of course if you set it to yes you will no longer be able to change view's the old/current way. but you will still be able to use the d-pad shortcuts.

2. 'B' on mode/view button icon. Same as #1 except you will no longer be able to switch from real nand to emu nand and back.

3. just pressing 'B' on wiimote. This might be a little tricky to code and might not be possible since the 'B' button is used for so many shortcuts already. you would definitely have to make sure you are not pointing at any buttons. Also I can see people trying to press 'B' on the star but missing and accidentally getting the source menu.

4. leave it where it is as 'B' on home/exit button icon.

I like #2 since I don't ever have any need to switch to real nand. I'll give you guys till Friday to announce your choice. Of course Fix94 and Overjoy have the final decision. If they want to leave it at #4 then that's where it stays.
I vote #4
I agree with #4. I like this best.

Reactions: 1 person

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's take a pole and end the decision on how to access the source menu. Your choices are:

1. 'A' on mode/view button icon. I will have to add a option to wiiflow.ini that you will have to set to yes because it will default to no. just like the d-pad option. of course if you set it to yes you will no longer be able to change view's the old/current way. but you will still be able to use the d-pad shortcuts.

2. 'B' on mode/view button icon. Same as #1 except you will no longer be able to switch from real nand to emu nand and back.

3. just pressing 'B' on wiimote. This might be a little tricky to code and might not be possible since the 'B' button is used for so many shortcuts already. you would definitely have to make sure you are not pointing at any buttons. Also I can see people trying to press 'B' on the star but missing and accidentally getting the source menu.

I like #2 since I don't ever have any need to switch to real nand. I'll give you guys till Friday to announce your choice. Of course if Fix94 and Overjoy have the final decision. If they want to leave it at #4 then that's where it stays.
I think this conversation is going on in a couple of places - so everyone's "singing from the same hymnsheet" can I suggest voters discuss their choices on the wiiflow main page and formalise their vote with the poll? http://gbatemp.net/t...ons-in-wiiflow/
Thanks.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[media]http://soundcloud.co...arder-mod-audio[/media]
Choice of two!
An animation plays when you click on the wiiflow (forwarder) channel on your wii, the default music could be described as eurotrance. Here are some alternatives for the music, based on samples taken directly from a wii running wiiflow.
Loose 4 is based on an the break in James Brown's "give it up or turn it loose", heavily edited for brevity. I've cheated slightly and to expand the pallatte of 2 sounds I've reversed one and have another instance of it at a slightly different pitch. To install the channel use this wad http://www.mediafire...kbagmbd602pc499
Wiiflow 5th is an audio pun - the sound of the wiiflow interface morphs into snap's " i got the power " Now even less irritating! The wad:
http://www.mediafire...549e5c2r3583p94
n.b. these wads have the same title id as Fix's original default forwarder v 12. DWFA

***These wads are Identical to Fix's except for the sounds! (thanks maxternal!)

General praising and such is welcome here, as, i suppose, damnations and castigations must be too. Comments and suggestions of all flavours here, then.
Comments on the actual function of the sound. - ie. is it irritating? is it funny, how could it be done better, differently? are particularly welcome.

Please offer your donations, offers of work, thanks, proposals, both marriage and indecent, and requests for noises via PM. :)

much like your "lets make wiiflow beautiful again" thread, this is just... awful...

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
http://soundcloud.com/spacepimp/sets/wiiflow-forwarder-mod-audio
Choice of two!
An animation plays when you click on the wiiflow (forwarder) channel on your wii, the default music could be described as eurotrance. Here are some alternatives for the music, based on samples taken directly from a wii running wiiflow.
Loose 4 is based on an the break in James Brown's "give it up or turn it loose", heavily edited for brevity. I've cheated slightly and to expand the pallatte of 2 sounds I've reversed one and have another instance of it at a slightly different pitch. To install the channel use this wad http://www.mediafire...kbagmbd602pc499
Wiiflow 5th is an audio pun - the sound of the wiiflow interface morphs into snap's " i got the power " Now even less irritating! The wad:
http://www.mediafire...549e5c2r3583p94
n.b. these wads have the same title id as Fix's original default forwarder v 12. DWFA

***These wads are Identical to Fix's except for the sounds! (thanks maxternal!)

General praising and such is welcome here, as, i suppose, damnations and castigations must be too. Comments and suggestions of all flavours here, then.
Comments on the actual function of the sound. - ie. is it irritating? is it funny, how could it be done better, differently? are particularly welcome.

Please offer your donations, offers of work, thanks, proposals, both marriage and indecent, and requests for noises via PM. :)

much like your "lets make wiiflow beautiful again" thread, this is just... awful...
lols, thanks.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having problems exiting back to WiiFlow from r488?

I deleted my wiiflow.ini, then had Wiiflow recreate it and reset it to return to Wiiflow on exit. But it dumps me back to the system menu.

If I set it to run the Homebrew channel on exit it works fine.

Any ideas?

Edit - just tried it with r490 and the same results.

This works fine with r464.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I like #2 since I don't ever have any need to switch to real nand. I'll give you guys till Friday to announce your choice. Of course Fix94 and Overjoy have the final decision. If they want to leave it at #4 then that's where it stays.
I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds or hit a shortcut within that time, it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.

hey Drak, i also have problems. when i want to use classic controller, i ALSO have to back out back to the main menu(by getting up and hitting the reset button on the wii) then reload the rom just to get the controller to work.. it sucks. maybe fix can make mattguitarists mod into a plugin to test.... ??

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.

hey Drak, i also have problems. when i want to use classic controller, i ALSO have to back out back to the main menu(by getting up and hitting the reset button on the wii) then reload the rom just to get the controller to work.. it sucks. maybe fix can make mattguitarists mod into a plugin to test.... ??
no need to get up or reset the rom, just have to unplug the ccp and hit the menu combo, then plug it back in and resume game, but STILL...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I vote for 3. If you could incorporate a hold time, like if you hold b for more than two seconds then it will let you use shortcuts without a problem, if you release it within two seconds or hit a shortcut within that time, it will take you to source. Or you could just make it b while off screen. Also @[member='FIX94'], Wii64 is broken. Dpad right registers as R when using CCP. Also with ccp and any other controller I think, one must back out for the controller to register. I think you used the wrong version. Mattguitarist's mod fixed the ccp button issue.
I know about this problem, some very annoying one I must say, the only way would be to write a workaround like freezing wii64 process for about 10 seconds and waiting for a controller in this time, because once you are in emulation loop wii64 doesnt regonize a controller anymore, also mats rev wouldnt help there.

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tally is -

Abdallahterro 2
Massiverican 3
Maxternal 3
Seam 4 (A on home button w/ini)
Spacepimp 3
Toddofwar 4
Gassy 3
Bostonbc 4
Drakorex 3

seems #3 is the winner after all. So I looked at the code and added using 'b' in many ways and I'm not having any luck. The main problem is the 'b' and 'a' combo to launch a game directly. I can get it to work but then the direct launch combo doesn't and vice versa. for example - if you wanted to use the combo as soon as you press 'b' to hold it down, the source menu launches before you can press the 'a'. I tried checking if 'b' was pressed and not held down but for some reason that didn't work. so sorry all you #3's - it's a no. Looks like we'll have to stick to #4.

by the way, has anyone tried the grab option in wiiflow.ini to grab coverflow with 'b' and move it? does anyone even use it? I just tried it and it sucks! the covers move the opposite way of my wiimote movement and they only move like two or three covers at a time. It would be a cool idea if you held down the 'b' button and moved your wiimote left/right and the covers would continuously move in that direction till you released 'b' but that's not how it works.

and yes i said friday was the deadline but I had plenty of votes already and decided to end it now

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
The tally is -

Abdallahterro 2
Massiverican 3
Maxternal 3
Spacepimp 3
Toddofwar 4
Gassy 3
Bostonbc 4
Drakorex 3

seems #3 is the winner after all. So I looked at the code and added using 'b' in many ways and I'm not having any luck. The main problem is the 'b' and 'a' combo to launch a game directly. I can get it to work but then the direct launch combo doesn't and vice versa. for example - if you wanted to use the combo as soon as you press 'b' to hold it down, the source menu launches before you can press the 'a'. I tried checking if 'b' was pressed and not held down but for some reason that didn't work. so sorry all you #3's - it's a no. Looks like we'll have to stick to #4.

by the way, has anyone tried the grab option in wiiflow.ini to grab coverflow with 'b' and move it? does anyone even use it? I just tried it and it sucks! the covers move the opposite way of my wiimote movement and they only move like two or three covers at a time. It would be a cool idea if you held down the 'b' button and moved your wiimote left/right and the covers would continuously move in that direction till you released 'b' but that's not how it works.

and yes i said friday was the deadline but I had plenty of votes already and decided to end it now
so it will be "B" only without A+B combo - Will gestures still work or will the source menu pop up as soon as we release "B"?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tally is -

Abdallahterro 2
Massiverican 3
Maxternal 3
Spacepimp 3
Toddofwar 4
Gassy 3
Bostonbc 4
Drakorex 3

so it will be "B" only without A+B combo - Will gestures still work or will the source menu pop up as soon as we release "B"?
no - it stays as b on home/exit button. b by itself doesn't work.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I know about this problem, some very annoying one I must say, the only way would be to write a workaround like freezing wii64 process for about 10 seconds and waiting for a controller in this time, because once you are in emulation loop wii64 doesnt regonize a controller anymore, also mats rev wouldnt help there." - fix94

hey, im ok with waiting for 10seconds as long as the controller works.. maybe you can release an ALT wii64 plugin for patient people who dont mind waiting 10 seconds before the rom starts? :P btw: 5 seconds would probably be long enough... but who knows.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I actually tried the grab option last night ... and I must say the current implementation pretty much sucks.
the games actually move in the opposite direction of the cursor and they don't even move that much (only one or two covers before the cursor gets to the end of the screen and they stop moving)
I had been hoping for something similar to the roulette wheel idea mentioned earlier, that I would be able to kinda grab and kinda flick my wiimote and have the covers keep moving in the SAME direction as the cursor some distance equivalent to the speed of my wiimote movement but no such luck.

Anyway, as far as the implementation, as I see it you could create a boolean variable something like "shortcut_used" and initialize it to false every time the button is held and then set it to true in all the functions where one of the shortcuts involving the button is executed. Just check if the variable is still false when the button is released and only then go to the source menu.

if it's also gonna be an INI option there shouldn't be too much conflict with other INI options like grabbing (for what it's worth) or gestures. The user would just have to choose one or the other. If you really wanted to make both possible, at the time of setting "shortcut_used" to false you could also record the system time and see if more than, say, half a second had passed when it was finally released and only accept a fairly quick tap of the button.

(I haven't actually done any WII programming before myself but this is the type of implementation I would envision based on what I have worked with. Hope it helps.)

EDIT : Also, I have confirmed that does already get you out of the source menu as I was hoping (mentioned in a previous post) so that's all it would take to correct an accidental press.
I do admit, though, that it shouldn't really need to reload the current coverflow when leaving the source menu. It would be a lot faster if it didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43