Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man, i feel old now...a new generation Wiiflow users has risen, with that new visions.

For me personally, all this stuff about the source menu isn't needed, therefore i won't vote, but i will keep a close eye on new developments...

Also i would like to add i like the enthousiasm found here in the thread...but for me it all goes to fast... :D
I prefer a stable wiiflow over everything else anyway.
I would second Etheboss' thoughts here, and call again for a definitive, stable Wiiflow 3.x (or "Wiiflow 4"!) that is a simple, delicious, usb backup loader. This would also have the advantage of making the wiiflow wiki relevant again without having to edit a word, and (hopefully) stem the tide of wtf? posts.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, i feel old now...a new generation Wiiflow users has risen, with that new visions.

For me personally, all this stuff about the source menu isn't needed, therefore i won't vote, but i will keep a close eye on new developments...

Also i would like to add i like the enthousiasm found here in the thread...but for me it all goes to fast... :D
I prefer a stable wiiflow over everything else anyway.
True, so are we going to start referring to this WiiFlow as WiiFlow-Mod or are we keeping it the same?

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody may test this:
http://www.mediafire...yvioobylfbb011g
Thats r493, changes:

-if you hold the b button for 3 seconds, it will now open up the source menu
-removed pressing b button on home icon to open source menu
Hope you guys like it and now be quiet a bit :P
*spacepimp likes this so hard his finger goes through the mouse button.
Er, like Columbo, just one. more. thing. Can we change that 3 second wait? 3 seconds seems a little excessive. How's about 1 sec.? Or a user adjustable time variable in an ini ;)

True, so are we going to start referring to this WiiFlow as WiiFlow-Mod or are we keeping it the same?
I think we might have a useful discussion about where we are with mods, version numbers, and such. What would be clear to a newcomer? It bears mentioning that Miigotu(?) hasn't been seen for a while (true?), is "WiiFlow Advance" (a bit of a misnomer for miigotu's fork) up for discussion? I think version numbers would be clearer to the newcomer, but that's a preference open to change...

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we might have a useful discussion about where we are with mods, version numbers, and such. What would be clear to a newcomer? It bears mentioning that Miigotu(?) hasn't been seen for a while (true?), is "WiiFlow Advance" (a bit of a misnomer for miigotu's fork) up for discussion? I think version numbers would be clearer to the newcomer, but that's a preference open to change...
Yes, cerntainly version numbers will be easier to read like GX does :) I'm not saying mimic them completely but it's certainly not a bad idea everyone learns something they deam better from someone else at least at one point in their life right? Well that's my two sense :)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
And here is r495:
http://www.mediafire...s495rka82fts4c8
Now I just need default good source menu buttons to include and wiiflow is usable for noobs again ;)
While the ball is rolling, how about "right clicking" (with an "+") on an icon on the bottom right of the coverflow - this could pop up the icons currently used to daisy chain around the sources. Clicking on the usb one, for example, jumps to the wiigames coverflow. I think once right clicking in this way (to open a box of context - relevant icons) feels natural, and could provide a visual cue for users to find new and rearranged functionality. There are a few other ideas kicking about on http://gbatemp.net/t...eautiful-again/

And I still think we should investigate the possibilty of a sourceflow, there's at least some support for it!
But, coders, how could it be done easily? From existing code??????
Answers on a post card!

If you *like this post, maybe a passing coder will take pity on us, and make the sourceflow a reality. Double Yays!!!!!!!!!!!

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the CPBWebHosting folks gave me my money back so I'm going to get a new host for the wiiflow.info site. Crossing fingers the next one will have a working wiki :)

Reactions: 4 people

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
You are really pushing it
I know, i'll chill out. I am midway though a post on The Let's Make WiiFlow Funky and Fantastic Thread, detailing a bunch of front-end ideas for consideration for googlecode, gleaned from this thread and elsewhere. I just want to make clear that I have no expectation that these ideas be taken as demands for free coding work! My thinking is simply that there are ideas out there, good ones, and If a coder finds inspiration in someone's idea, that can only be a good thing. If ideas prove popular, I only suggest that that might inform coders choice of priority, and not that anyone should simply do as I say. In fact, users who want to suggest refinements need to have a realistic understanding of the issues involved, and I would welcome any coders input in any case, but especially were they to discuss the feasibility of ideas.
EDIT: Can I just add that I think Maxternal's roulette wheel scrolling is a far better idea than anything I've come up with, and I would much rather this idea was implemented before anything I have suggested. I suspect it would be one of the easier ideas to implement as well...I submit to your greater knowledge.
SP

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi spacepimp,

I know you PMed me, but i'll say it here anyway, because i think it is also good to know for others, because this note applies to everybody.

As i stated earlier, i like all your idea's and your enthousiasm, but it did sounded a bit demanding.
I have no problem with you, just the way you say it, and i believe others do to if i look at the likes..

Rest asure, the dev's follow all the ideas too, but you are not the only one and not the only one with idea's.
You will see that if an idea is carried by a lot of people, the chances are high it will make it to Wiiflow.
But also keep in mind that it is sometimes a lot of work for the dev's and maybe for other people too, so results maybe can take a lot of time to take effect.

I hope i didn't discourage you to keep the idea's coming though, just keep what i said above in mind.

Greetz..

Reactions: 2 people

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi spacepimp,

I know you PMed me, but i'll say it here anyway, because i think it is also good to know for others, because this note applies to everybody.

As i stated earlier, i like all your idea's and your enthousiasm, but it did sounded a bit demanding.
I have no problem with you, just the way you say it, and i believe others do to if i look at the likes..

Rest asure, the dev's follow all the ideas too, but you are not the only one and not the only one with idea's.
You will see that if an idea is carried by a lot of people, the chances are high it will make it to Wiiflow.
But also keep in mind that it is sometimes a lot of work for the dev's and maybe for other people too, so results maybe can take a lot of time to take effect.

I hope i didn't discourage you to keep the idea's coming though, just keep what i said above in mind.

Greetz..
Also the less annoying and more patient you are the greater your chance of your ideas becoming reality.

Reactions: 1 person

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You guys may test r500 (damn big number :D)
http://www.mediafire.com/?gyv2b5xb1bt319g
I wanna know your thoughts about my new home menu, heres a picture of it:
Jun-21-2012-19h44m40s.jpg

Reactions: 5 people

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to thank the 'boss for his considered post and add that I apologise if my enthusiasm came across as demanding. In light of this, I'm reluctant to mention it, BUt I've collected a bunch of ideas from around the forum and googlecode, and put them together in a post on the Let's Make WiiFlow Velvety and Luxurious http://gbatemp.net/t...in/page__st__45. I would in particular invite coders to comment on the feasibility of the ideas there, and ask users in general for their additions and comments,
Thanks,
sp

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I've wanted the ability to choose to exit when I press the Home menu for a long time now Fix94, thanks for implementing this change and I for one am a big supporter of it. Much cleaner and easier for noobs to be able to find out how to reload cache and update, I prefer things to be centralized w/o having to go to several different places to get what you want, a big thumbs up from me brother :yay:
-My only suggestion woud be to leave the shortcut for reloading cache in place if it's not a big deal. That way advanced users don't have to open up the Home Menu first. If not I'll gladly do it like this on any day anyway :D

Muchas Gracias!!

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to thank the 'boss for his considered post and add that I apologise if my enthusiasm came across as demanding. In light of this, I'm reluctant to mention it, BUt I've collected a bunch of ideas from around the forum and googlecode, and put them together in a post on the Let's Make WiiFlow Velvety and Luxurious http://gbatemp.net/t...in/page__st__45. I would in particular invite coders to comment on the feasibility of the ideas there, and ask users in general for their additions and comments,
Thanks,
sp
I do like how you always refer to the topic name as something yummy and delicious lol. That's one hell of a long post at that link there pimpin', I'll look it over and input my thoughts when I get a bit more time, for now I'm off to run errands. Later ;)

edit: Whoops mobile double post YUCK! After I just finished a small rant about it too lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi rez