Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks fix & fledge, using 501 and enabling the thing in wiiflow.ini I can now use gestures and go to Source by either pressing B on Mode or Home btn.
btw Help button is useless now since help is in Home-Menu now. So we can easily replace the "Help" btn with a "SM" button and no need to use shortcut (only minor update to the theme) :)

Reactions: 2 people

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick vid to show what NES, SNES, and wii64 look like with the spines shrunk down, sorry the vid's a little blurry. There's also a couple other "preview" sets in there (Sega Saturn, SegaCD, and NeoGeo CD).

Reactions: 4 people

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following up on my previous issue about wii64 plugin not working with CCP, I have done a more extensive test using the experimental wii64 mod5 and tested about half of my games. Kudos Fix94, for fixing the problem of the CCP not registering on boot, but the controls still do not work the way they should.

d pad right = c up
bio freaks
body harvest
california speed
destruction derby
fzerox
glover
legend of zelda majora's mask
legend of zelda ocarina of time
legend of zelda ocarina of time master quest
mace
mario kart 64 (and c right.)

dpad right = c left
chameleon twist
007(+c up)
jet force gemini(+c up)

dpad right = c right
chameleon twist2
clay fighter sculptors cut
killer instinct

dpad right=all c
diddy kong racing
cruisin usa
cruisin world
earthworm jim
gex enter the gecko
excite bike 64

You can actually SEE this happening in games that allow control edits.

If you cannot find the source for mattguitarist's mod, I'm afraid providing the dol is the best I can do. I hope you can fix this, You are a genius at these things, and you have our confidence :)
Surely I'm not the only one with this problem. Could someone test this out and see what I mean? I've tried it with two different CCPs. Perhaps it's necessary to contact Mattguitarist and get his input (no pun intended). @ Fix94 - I like where wiiflow is going. Good to know there's a few new things in the old trick bag. :) (Also, if settings editor gui is in the apps, would it be possible to get it to show in the home menu?) @ Mastershoes - Thanks for getting those spines adjusted. Have the cover sets been updated since I downloaded them at 3:00 AM central time?

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ drakorex - No updates have been done to the cover thread in some time, although a lot of updates to the sets have been made. :) They will soon be hosted and available via gametdb and spiffycovers. After which, i may update my links here. As for the shrunken spine sets.. currently those are just my own custom sets, and aren't available. There is still hope that we can get someone to code a new box size. Otherwise, i have these on standby.

Reactions: 1 person

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wiiflow r503

extract nand ok, if you press the B
btnemus.png
and then click on Extract Nand

by wiiflow settings, Nand Extract / Start
error
No valid Fat partitio found NAND Emulation

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following up on my previous issue about wii64 plugin not working with CCP, I have done a more extensive test using the experimental wii64 mod5 and tested about half of my games. Kudos Fix94, for fixing the problem of the CCP not registering on boot, but the controls still do not work the way they should.

d pad right = c up
bio freaks
body harvest
california speed
destruction derby
fzerox
glover
legend of zelda majora's mask
legend of zelda ocarina of time
legend of zelda ocarina of time master quest
mace
mario kart 64 (and c right.)

dpad right = c left
chameleon twist
007(+c up)
jet force gemini(+c up)

dpad right = c right
chameleon twist2
clay fighter sculptors cut
killer instinct

dpad right=all c
diddy kong racing
cruisin usa
cruisin world
earthworm jim
gex enter the gecko
excite bike 64

You can actually SEE this happening in games that allow control edits.

If you cannot find the source for mattguitarist's mod, I'm afraid providing the dol is the best I can do. I hope you can fix this, You are a genius at these things, and you have our confidence :)
Surely I'm not the only one with this problem. Could someone test this out and see what I mean? I've tried it with two different CCPs. Perhaps it's necessary to contact Mattguitarist and get his input (no pun intended). @ Fix94 - I like where wiiflow is going. Good to know there's a few new things in the old trick bag. :) (Also, if settings editor gui is in the apps, would it be possible to get it to show in the home menu?) @ Mastershoes - Thanks for getting those spines adjusted. Have the cover sets been updated since I downloaded them at 3:00 AM central time?

hey Drak, i just tested 4-5 of those games and had the exact same problems you listed. im using the latest wii64 mod plugin. maybe you should PM Mattguitarist and ask him for his source.. if you havent already.

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have managed to get DML to work with
c204.gif
USB loader GX (and really well!!!) Both DML booter and
c204.gif
Wiiflow give me DSI must be something in the boot code as I assume Wiiflow and DML booter use the same code, I have tried on 2 different Wii's and hard drives.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
another good reason to have a neek booter plugin would be to be able to run SD gamecube games in off of DML in the emulated NAND and USB GameCube games with DM in real NAND.

EDIT : Otherwise, the only way to have compatibility on both (I have limited space left on my hard drive but I DO want to take advantage of the space on BOTH if I could.) would be to implement moving the files TO the hard drive before playing them like we did in the other direction with DML.

EDIT 2 : What would be REALLY useful would be to be able to have a DVD-R cMIOS on real nand and both DM and DML on NEEK and dynamically rename them both to be able to play directly off of any medium I wanted. :D

trunk8d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets start by saying fix94 thanks for your effort so far and here is to the continued improvement of wiiflow in all of its forms. I have been lurking for sometime, I have muddled through the various revisions and such. I have a few questions that I would like to ask.
1: Is there any all encompassing guide for wiiflow-mod as of yet? I ask because everything on the net is fractured wiiflow-wiiflow-advanced-wiiflow-mod.( I prefer wiiflow-mod.)
2: How do I remove all of the categories but GC and Wii and Disk? the rest of the stuff is driving me crazy to much to configure.
3: Any thoughts on how to load wiiflow-mod into dolphin? (that is obviously this guy is crazy question)
Everyone on here is the best and thanks for your inputs and ideas.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
1: the site is/will be wiiflow.info but the hosting company was giving problems
2: in the wiiflow.ini file in /apps/wiiflow/ there's sections for each one like [NAND] for the channels and such. in each there's an entry something like disable=no or hide=no or something. Just change the no to yes in each one you want to get rid of.

I'm not sure if notepad will separate out the lines right or not so you might have to use wordpad or something.

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Really looking forward to wiiflow.info. Does anyone feel like putting a first draft (of any page!) up as a post on GBA? It would be hugely usefull in the meantime, and could function as a working document while wiiflow.info is coming onstream.
p.s. "onstream" is a bit managementspeak - i am genuinely not that person. much.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you FIX94 and everyone else for working hard and releasing wiiflow mod, its so much better now. :)
This posts a bit long.. I've got quite a few questions soz.

I have noticed few issues but appreciate if anyone can confirm or troubleshout these for me, I have tried v. hard to figure stuff out but am a little stuck on my own.
info wiiflowmod r485, data on sd card, usb fat32 32k for my wbfs files d2x v8 final 56 249/ 57 250.
(sd card is sandisk 32GB and not the fastest but the most compatible I have used out of 5-10 tried over years. It works with my bootmii and Sneek setup).

1. If a .wbfs file is read only wiiflow can't read it... I can still see the games box in cover flow but it just reboots wiiflow when loaded, doesn't have the banner music when picked up etc. I just wondered about this.. I know little about .wbfs but game manager reads them whether read or read/write?

2. For some reason wiiflow only ever finds my nand if its on usb, I have tried everything but failed.
I have the exact nand backup in the same dir on sd and usb, wiiflow will find the one on usb no probs. I wish I could get this working on sd. Could a future version allow both data-on-sd and emunand on sd?

3. The delete function deletes a different game to the one I select.. I tried it yesterday with a gamecube game I had just backed up to try with wiiflow DML.
I used it before mod and always found it was another game to the one I had selected, that was deleted. When I tried it yesterday the game I had selected didn't disappear from the coverflow afterwards and was still there, then checking the drive another game beside the one I wanted to delete had been erased off my usb drive. Is this wiiflow or are my files/HD messed up I wonder?

4. I tried to back up a gamecube game yesterday,
I noticed if I have setting in .ini "dump compressed" to "no" the install fails at 10%. I get disc read error please clean disc but the disc is clean.
If the setting in .ini "dump compressed" is yesterday it works. I wanted to make a 1/1 of my gc discs does the option just strip off the empty unused space? I've hardly ever used my drive but I tried the disc in the drive normally just incase my drive was the problem but it loaded and I played it fine. Cleanrip failed though and I got motor off a little while after it starts... I have previously backed up my metroid prime trilogy, and other things fine with that program but never tried .gc before yesterday.

5. One part of wiiflow that I'm not sure I understand properly is the video setting. (global and game)

If I set global to "System" does it use the setting in system menu (progressive), can anyone confirm this what the "system" option is?
I set the option in the global settings and then leave the games setting on default this means all games would be on the "system" setting (progressive)?
Because had odd problem when using different combination of global setting and individual setting that didn't make sense to me... the NTSC Mario All Stars Collection I remember didn't for some reason work unless I set the global video setting off of "system", even though the games individual video setting was different anyway. Again pre mod version thing but I still got weird breaking more about this...

What is "default" in global video option, whats the difference between default and system?
I want to have wiiflow global set to "system" so it follows system menu settings which for me is progressive and then change the individual games that need a different setup in their config.

Can the "default" video option in the game config possibly be changed to "global" to show more clearly that its just using wiiflow global setting?

6. On r485 when I change the video setting on a specific game, I get stuck on a black screen after I try to load a game.
I can change other options and it seems ok, I for example have changed hook to disabled and the game still loaded fine. But after changing one games video setting the game no longer loaded.
I later found that if I deleted the categories, games1, games2 file from the settings folder and started again I could load my games but if I touch that setting inside game config, it breaks things for me.
Right now I think I can get everything to work as long as I change the video setting in the global and leave the game config alone, thinking I'll put parental thing on to get rid of the options but this is weird..
edit. Updated to r506 version.

7. Sometimes the options inside the games config settings will not change and are stuck. Just happens occasionally when I have been trying to setup my new wiiflow from scratch.
edit. Updated to r506 version.

Thanks again anyone who can help me out.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Things get even more stable in this release :)
Changes from r485 are that two graphical effects are fixed, some really stupid bug which prevented wiiflow from creating its initial folder structure and so you could never save any covers etc, fixed gamecube game usb to sd copier, changed a few things in mem2 memory management again, that fixes NTFS write issues, before sometimes covers could not be saved on a NTFS partition, reason is unknown still, moved sounds down to MEM1, that fixes some problems like strange beeping sounds on game loading, making some cosmetical changes, also corrected the order of how the homebrew channels are booted (now from newest to oldest if one was not found, before it was mixed), if you hold the b button for 3 seconds, it will now open up the source menu, if wiimote_gestures is enabled in wiiflow.ini, then the source menu is opened with pressing b on home icon still, otherwise just with holding it, now also the default english help file is included in wiiflow, means it doesnt display the error that no help file is found but just displays the default english help, fixed displaying help files with themes, only create folders if they doesnt exist, otherwise it spams our debug messages, fixed emu nand was not enabled in all cases now, also removed unneeded debug messages and only enable/disable emu if needed, added b_on_mode_to_source option to wiiflow.ini, if set to yes pressing 'b' on mode/view icon will take you to the source menu, added home menu, it will open if you press the home button/icon, currently you can access the settings from it, see the about screen, update wiiflow, reload cache and exit wiiflow (to exit wiiflow you can also just press home/start button again in this menu), removed reload cache with b button on settings icon, removed update button from about menu, added DIOS-MIOS support, also sync with dios-mios booter, now forcing video mode for gc games as well to may fix problems.
Download via google code and wiiflow internal update.

trunk8d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: the site is/will be wiiflow.info but the hosting company was giving problems
2: in the wiiflow.ini file in /apps/wiiflow/ there's sections for each one like [NAND] for the channels and such. in each there's an entry something like disable=no or hide=no or something. Just change the no to yes in each one you want to get rid of.

I'm not sure if notepad will separate out the lines right or not so you might have to use wordpad or something.

Thanks for the quick response it will surely increase the spartan feel I desire. Clean, crisp and uncomplicated.

trunk8d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have managed to get DML to work with
c204.gif
USB loader GX (and really well!!!) Both DML booter and
c204.gif
Wiiflow give me DSI must be something in the boot code as I assume Wiiflow and DML booter use the same code, I have tried on 2 different Wii's and hard drives.
what I have done when a dsi occurred is to first reboot the Wii, no fix then reload wiiflow fresh and if that didn't work then re-install the d2x cios variant I use at the time, this likely is the long and convoluted fix and could or is corrected in an easier fashion, I just do what works for me, I have rarely had a dsi error while loading. Coincidentally DML has worked with out a hitch for me the only issues I have are the known compatibility of games and not that I have that many anymore. (I do say that following the DML guide for wiiflow was quite easy and thorough.) Again I have usually gotten past the dsi errors by doing this though. Any one chime in and ask me to edit my post for error if there are any reasons.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help here.. I got the source_menu (Frames & Hover Buttons 2nd Edition by mastershoes, which is great!), but I can't seem to get the buttons to show up on my menu. I'd place the entire source_menu in wiiflow/plugins along with the dols & .ini. Can someone please instruct me on what I need to do or am missing? Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, it seems that dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, they might be going...