Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi guys

I've posted around this forum with little response. Anyway..

I can't get alt dol to work with any game with wiiflow 2.1 rev 304 (running 249 cios 21)

both house of the dead 2&3 and mortal komabt fail to load the alt dol I select in the settings for that game. The settings file is updated as I checked on my PC. It just seems that the loader does "read" the config file?! Weird. the games work fine with alt dol methods on the other loaders

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas for solutions

Cheers

EDIT - just tried rev 346 - problem sorted !!!

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
megatron_lives said:
Hi guys

I've posted around this forum with little response. Anyway..

I can't get alt dol to work with any game with wiiflow 2.1 rev 304 (running 249 cios 21)

both house of the dead 2&3 and mortal komabt fail to load the alt dol I select in the settings for that game. The settings file is updated as I checked on my PC. It just seems that the loader does "read" the config file?! Weird. the games work fine with alt dol methods on the other loaders

Anyone else experienced this or have any ideas for solutions

Cheers

EDIT - just tried rev 346 - problem sorted !!!

You should use the WDM files for those games and load it with the extra settings that are available when the wdm file is on your hdd or sd

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
Hi thanks for the reply. I went back to rev 304 as some games weren't working (eg glee would screen dump running cios 224) so still have problem with alt dol with 304. I don't see why I would need the wdm file for rev304 when it boots the alt dol on 346

Weird?

I'll get the wdm files and see what happens

Cheers

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
No, still can't get alt dol to work on rev 304????

I've added the wdm files to USB but I can't get any game that uses alt dol to load the alt dol I select.

Does anyone else have this problem running 2.2 rev 304?

EDIT - just noticed this is an issue (#452 on google code)

Guess I'm not alone - ohh well, I'll wait for new stable rev

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
really strange i dont have any troubles loading games with alt.dols, but i do have troubles loading SOME games if wdm files are present, deleting the wdm files and
use the alt.dol option in game settings, the games work again (using r304 the 249 version)....

shadowtroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions

1. Is it possible to use the harddrive in place of a SD card to store cfgs art and so forth? I lost my SD card
frown.gif

-load data from FAT1, Games from FAT2 is what I need it to do
-if not, can it be added? I'm not sure that it would be too hard, but I'm not going to demand things from devs who work hard for no pay.

2. Does this support the latest version of USBGecko? A lot of the brawl hacks I use require them.
-if not, PWETTY PWEESE ADD IT
smile.gif

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
shadowtroop said:
I have two questions

1. Is it possible to use the harddrive in place of a SD card to store cfgs art and so forth? I lost my SD card
frown.gif

-load data from FAT1, Games from FAT2 is what I need it to do
-if not, can it be added? I'm not sure that it would be too hard, but I'm not going to demand things from devs who work hard for no pay.
it's alerady there from long time. Juste edit the ini and change path with usb in place of sd and data_on_usb=yes

gogorman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. Question.
For some reason WiiFlow has stopped reading my HD.
I load the app, but it now (out of the blue) asks me to select the partition. No matter which I select (Fat of WBFS - I have both, just to see if that was the problem) it cannot find the games.
USBLoader GX finds them no problem.
WiiMC also reads the HD for my movies etc.
What is going on, and HOW do I fix it??????

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
retrogamermatt said:
I also had this problem using the BETA 346 dol. And once is finally detected my partition, it kept giving me a stack dump when I selected the favourites icon. So i just switched back to the 304 rev. Also whats the go with the occasional freezing on the Wiiflow loading screen. It happened to me on both 304 and 346 revs.
That's logical, 346 uses a different usb detection system...
It is advised to delete or backup the wiiflow.ini before going from 304 to 346.

346 is at least as stable as 304...I use it for quite a while now.

Offcourse 346 is still a beta and problably still not works for all people.

Greetz...

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Forgive me if the question has been answered already,but what's Wiiflow's current state?
Is the team still working on this or is Wiiflow currently abandoned?

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't really answer that fully.

I am a beta tester for Wiiflow, and the only thing i tell you for sure, that Miigotu and R-win promised to finish a new full version.
But at this moment, development seems to be stopped.
Which does not mean that it is so, Miigotu surprised us the last time with a new beta (R346).

Let's hope Miigotu will surprise us again.
It will probably go quicker is ppl donate on the wiiflowiki website.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
panmusic said:
Forgive me if the question has been answered already,but what's Wiiflow's current state?
Is the team still working on this or is Wiiflow currently abandoned?

wiiflow is still being developped, Miggotu is moving accross country at the moment, but will resume developing soon, hopefully r-win can join the development again soon too

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Τhat's very good news to hear!!!
Wiiflow is still the most elegant loader by far and it would be very sad to be abandoned.I hope development will be ressurected soon... :-)

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Post from the ciosx rev21d2x forum:

I hope you read this Miigotu or r-win?

davebaol said:
I believe the problem has been introduced in v4beta1 after modifying the EHCI module to support HDD greater than 1TB.
However only wiiflow seems to be affected by that.
If wiiflow is still under development I'll be glad to work with them to isolate the problem and fix it.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice WiiFlow still crashes when trying to use a 3tb drive with 4k sector size formatted WBFS. Support for this size drive is built into WBFS and works with GX 2.1 and CGF. Are there any plans on adding support to Wiiflow?

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dexter222 said:
I notice WiiFlow still crashes when trying to use a 3tb drive with 4k sector size formatted WBFS. Support for this size drive is built into WBFS and works with GX 2.1 and CGF. Are there any plans on adding support to Wiiflow?

the support depends on the cIOS, wbfs still has a 500 games limit as far as i know, backup managers can work around this problem. Maybe GX and cfg did something special to the loaders to get it to work. Miigotu and r-win will have to look into this when they have time.

on a side note, why would anyone want to format a 3TB drive to wbfs format???? Just use NTFS or FAT32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay!