Hacking Wiiboxart Free again ?

Shoud the site keep taking donations and give them to the coders of loaders

• Yes ! Thats a brilliant idea and will give the coders incentive to improve their apps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way man , im a leech and think everything on the internet should be free and i hate donating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all,

I had a bit of a discussion today on the shoutbox of the covers site and i was explaining the plans to people on the site as to what was going on and what had happened and the future plans.
Anyway - in brief its this - the initial donations were to cover site costs - once that was complete donations were made to different coders of different loaders in order to say thank you from the public.
It came from the site as i realised that no one was actually donating to these lads , so even though its not huge money when spread out , a small bit of a donation as appreciation is always well appreciated, so i found the main coders in the loaders that used my site and gave them something.
Now i think i have almost covered everyone , though i want to give some to the GX team as well even though they are not using the site , but the work they put in is amazing and may appreciate it so they deserve a bit as well.

One i had that i was going to open the memberships to be free so that anyone could join without needing to donate , but someone suggested that i should still keep the members area as donate only and continue to send the donations to the coders as they tend not to get direct downloads much and this way seems to give them something.

Anyway , i want to see what opinions others have on this as i know the whole idea has caused controversy initially and i have already been badmouthed without everyone knowing the whole story of what was going on.

Ill set up a poll and leave people vote to see what they want to happen.

Muntrue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have said it before and I will say it again. Forcing people to make an account on any website is a stupid idea.
Why would you want to let people make a "Free" account so they can have access to stuff they could also get without an account ?

Edit: Also calling people "A leech" because they vote against you is pretty rude..

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Muntrue said:
I have said it before and I will say it again. Forcing people to make an account on any website is a stupid idea.
Why would you want to let people make a "Free" account so they can have access to stuff they could also get without an account ?
That's right!

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Hi all,

I had a bit of a discussion today on the shoutbox of the covers site and i was explaining the plans to people on the site as to what was going on and what had happened and the future plans.
Anyway - in brief its this - the initial donations were to cover site costs - once that was complete donations were made to different coders of different loaders in order to say thank you from the public.
It came from the site as i realised that no one was actually donating to these lads , so even though its not huge money when spread out , a small bit of a donation as appreciation is always well appreciated, so i found the main coders in the loaders that used my site and gave them something.
Now i think i have almost covered everyone , though i want to give some to the GX team as well even though they are not using the site , but the work they put in is amazing and may appreciate it so they deserve a bit as well.

One i had that i was going to open the memberships to be free so that anyone could join without needing to donate , but someone suggested that i should still keep the members area as donate only and continue to send the donations to the coders as they tend not to get direct downloads much and this way seems to give them something.

Anyway , i want to see what opinions others have on this as i know the whole idea has caused controversy initially and i have already been badmouthed without everyone knowing the whole story of what was going on.

Ill set up a poll and leave people vote to see what they want to happen.

all I see is a guilty Conscience, you just proved that you ripped people off, even after you paid all site fees, you still let people pay while hundreds of dollars rolled in, your a greedy b*****d no matter what way you look at it.

and the coders do deserve donations as they actually make the things people use, you just take the work of other just to make a profit off it.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Muntrue said:
laurozza said:
That's right!

Well done guys - not the question - try reading again and answer the correct question if you wish.

Im not going into detail here and leading the thread off topic once again , but the site is staying with the membership option to be able to filter out the apps i dont want using the site - its entirely my choice and thats the way it will stay - u do as u wish on your site

Posts merged

QUOTE(neardark @ Jul 5 2009, 05:19 PM)
all I see is a guilty Conscience, you just proved that you ripped people off, even after you paid all site fees, you still let people pay while hundreds of dollars rolled in, your a greedy bastard no matter what way you look at it.
and the coders do deserve donations as they actually make the things people use, your just steel others work and make a profit off it.
Some coders were donated to well before any of your bitching started - it continued as funds were made available - stop being an ass

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Initial poll results are saying no one cares about the coders - makes u think really

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well would be nice to make it free again...

but some things:
as a developer for a loader f.e. i would never use your site again for downloading covers.
sry i know the problems you had but they need 100% accurate spaces.

the other thing is, that there are now some good other sites with covers
biggrin.gif

but this will keep up a good challenge
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bluescreen81 said:

but some things:
as a developer for a loader f.e. i would never use your site again for downloading covers.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Dont get me wrong - im delighted other sites popped up and ill support most of them with anything they need.
Its the site thats run by assholes that i wont help in any way.
The people who bitched about me not having zips for free who dont provide zips at all themselves - makes u think doesnt it ?

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would the coders want you to collect money and redistribute it to them? Furthermore, why would you want to open yourself up to accusations of "skimming" (not that you would do such a thing) when it's just as easy for the coders to set up their own donation systems? Are you a glutton for punishment?

bluescreen81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
djtaz said:
bluescreen81 said:

but some things:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Dont get me wrong - im delighted other sites popped up and ill support most of them with anything they need.
The people who bitched about me not having zips for free who dont provide zips at all themselves - makes u think doesnt it ?

thats what i asked in the other thread too.
2 things where wrong at your site. zip or .rar was not the only one.

most of the users dont wanted to create an extra account for downloading the covers via loader. ^^

but well you are right where are the .rar packages ...

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Which site do you mean? I'm not so much in this topic. I can understand you, but I really disgaree with your poll.
It's so biased. Make two detached answers and people will answer the poll different. The current poll just makes the people hate you and vote for the second.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
i think this is really a question for coders !

although IMHO i dont think coders need an incentive , they do it for the challenge , the thrill , to see what they can achieve individually or joint ! all they really ask for is time / patience and testers !

id also say the coders have probably moved on now to one of these other sites !

even though like i have said , they are still trying to achieve what you did with your site , its just ashame its popularity was its undoing for the loaders and mass downloaders !

wink2.gif

Muntrue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
bluescreen81 said:
thats what i asked in the other thread too.
2 things where wrong at your site. zip or .rar was not the only one.

most of the users dont wanted to create an extra account for downloading the covers via loader. ^^

but well you are right where are the .rar packages ...

Give me 30 minutes and I will have them up.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
bluescreen81 said:

but some things:

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

bollox m8 you offered us help then when it was asked for you told us to fuck off.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
neardark said:
bollox m8 you offered us help then when it was asked for you told us to fuck off.
God, I can't imagine why he would do that to you after the assault you led on him in the original thread
blink.gif

Muntrue

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SmuffTheMagicDragon said:
neardark said:
God, I can't imagine why he would do that to you after the assault you led on him in the original thread
blink.gif

Actually it was me who asked him for help... After I offered to completely recode hes website so he would not suffer from suspension again..

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you're not trying to skew the results of your poll by injecting your own opinions into it, are you? I mean, you must be totally altruistic since you're so willing to help the coders out.

/sarcasm off.

neardark

Trophies
XP
Country
SmuffTheMagicDragon said:
neardark said:
blink.gif

we had agreed that I would not write anything more about his site and I worked with Muntrue to get a site up and on the post that Muntrue made saying he needed help djtaz offered him help, but when Muntrue actually asked him for help it was straight no.

he only offered to make himself look good again but when it came down to it he showed once again his true colors.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hooya said:
Wow, you're not trying to skew the results of your poll by injecting your own opinions into it, are you? I mean, you must be totally altruistic since you're so willing to help the coders out.

/sarcasm off.
Lol that was done on purpose - have to have a bit of a sense of humour now dont you ?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-