Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obcd said:
You could take a look at my poor man's sd backup loader in the tutorial section. Some things are described like the load time the first time with a modmii nand.
Connect your sd card to a pc and look at the number of free bytes. Put a small text file on the sd card and read the number of free bytes again.
Tell us the difference between both numbers.

Try to get sneek running first without font.bin and di.bin in your sneek folder. If that works, you know your emulated nand is working fine.
After that, you can add di.bin and font.bin.

While sdhc cards should work fine, I also had issues when I tried to boot neek with bootmii installed as boot 2.
The same card worked fine if I launched neek from the hbc channel. (card out, start wii, card back in, HBC and launch bootmii..)
DML requires sneek to be launched from the bootmii as boot2, so that won't work this way.

You can try a bootmii nand backup as emulated nand. Extract it with showmiiwads / showmiinand.

If you interrupt the first boot of a modmii nand, than you need to copy the nand folders over to the sd card again.

Do you still see one or more lightflashes on your drive slot?

Alright, thank you for helping me out. I decided to use my 8 GB ADATA for this.

Without .txt file: 7,316,078,632 bytes
With .txt file: 7,316,045,400 bytes
Difference: 33,232 bytes

This is without the emulated nand and SNEEK. Do you want me to post the numbers with the emulated nand files in?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The numbers are fine and prove that the sd card uses indeed a 32K cluster size, as the free space goes down with 32K at a time.

If your sd card would have problems to load sneek trough bootmii as boot2, than it should boot into your real nand, after showing one flash of the dvd drive.
I assume it's not like that in your case.

Is your wii having bootmii as boot2 or just as ios?
Is it possible to post the root contents of your sd card, and the contents of the bootmii and sneek folder? (shouldn't be that much)

How are you creating your sneek? What version of devkit are you using?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
obcd said:
How are you creating your sneek? What version of devkit are you using?

first post

QUOTE(Sorlin @ Sep 24 2011, 01:00 PM) Alright, I basically installed SNEEK+DI and DML via ModMii, however my Wii is not booting with the SD card in and it's been over an hour. I moved everything to my hard drive and did a fresh install of everything and the Wii will not boot with the SD card in. In your experience, what could be the problem?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know how it is with modmii, but when I started with Sneek, I used the sneaky package from Scooby.
That one downloaded devkitpro from the net, but you needed devkitarm R24 those days.
Due to that, and the package downloading the latest version of devkitarm, my builds weren't working very well.
It took me some time to figure out what was wrong. The issue with devkitarm got fixed.
I don't know if there are still restrictions in the devkitarm versions that can be used to build neek.
I know the older versions don't work anymore, as the code size becomes to big with them.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
When you start sneek, and it makes it to the system menu, it means that sneek and the emulated nand are working.
If your nand was made with a bootmii copy of your real nand, the system menu will look identical.
You can move one of the channels to a different location. If you reboot your real nand, it should still be in it's old location, as you moved it on your emulated nand.
Another indication is the homebrew channel 1.08 which doesn't run under uneek.
When you have a modmii nand, you can choose for a different Theme, and the installed channels will likely be different as well.

A non working sneek usually results in a black screen. Most of the time, you need to press and hold the power button for at least 4 seconds to turn the system off.
Sometimes, the dvd drive slot wil flash a pattern to show an error code.

Sneek + DI won't boot if your harddisk isn't working correctly under sneek. Some harddisks that work fine under an usbloader, don't work in sneek.
The issues are probably caused by the fact the usb ehci code is different, but the details are still unknown.

Sneek + DI requires at least 1 fst extracted game (you can use discex to extract a game iso that way) on the usb drive games folder to work properly.

So, if Sneek works and Sneek + DI doesn't, that are the 2 things you should check.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have SNEEK installed, but I really don't notice anything different. I suppose it's working?

I try to hold the "1" button down to boot it from the system menu, but it's not quite working. When I follow your guide, when I try to boot IOS 253, it freezes and the drive is flashing. I really cannot believe that this thing would be so agonizing to install. I just want to play Gamecube ISOs on my Wii.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. What emulated nand are you using now? (Modmii created or bootmii backup extracted?)
2. Do the channel move to see if you are running sneek or not.
3. The overlay menu only works in sneek + di, and not in sneek (it needs font.bin)
4. The overlay menu only starts to work after approx. 10 seconds.
5. I have PM'ed you some details about IOS253. DML won't work with sneek launched that way.
6. Yes it's difficult to install the first time, specially without debug output.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo