Hacking Wii won't boot with SNEEK+DI installed

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I basically installed SNEEK+DI and DML via ModMii, however my Wii is not booting with the SD card in and it's been over an hour. I moved everything to my hard drive and did a fresh install of everything and the Wii will not boot with the SD card in. In your experience, what could be the problem?

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried booting it again and I think I know the problem. The Wii emits a brief flash of light before essentially going blank, indicating "the TMD of the requested file is missing". Problem is,
I cannot find this TMD file. I strongly doubt it's the SD card since it is a 32 GB Sandisk microSDHC card and it worked perfectly fine before. And yes, I do have an external hard drive attached which I store Wii games on to be loaded through CFG USB Loader.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Dragons_Master_F said:
SDHC cards doesn't work well with many apps . Try using a regular 1 or 2 GB SD card.

Yet many people have it working with a Sandisk 16 GB microSDHC card.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah some SDHC works but others don't . Just try another card if it works you know your problem if not then you have crossed out one of the causes.

Except I did with an 8 GB SDHC card I use for my DS flashcart. Also borrowed a SD card from my roommate and tried that. Still the same result.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is regular SNEEK working ? Also are you sure your SD card is formatted with 32kB Clusters or less?

SD card is formatted to FAT32 with 32kB clusters. And how long does it take for the Wii to boot with regular SNEEK?

EDIT: Tried doing a fresh install. Letterbomb would not appear and nothing would display on the Homebrew Channel. Really beginning to think I need a new SD card but I just don't have the money. Not attempting to try SNEEK on this thing. Any cards, preferably 32 GB, that definitely work with SNEEK+DI?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you make sure to have a directory called "games" with at least one game in there on the sd card? that had me bugging out for hours once. rebuild a nand or dump your own. i had an issue once where the nand extraction from showmiiwads didn't extract properly for whatever reason, use giantpunes tool called nandExtract, it worked fine.

use easeus to format with 32kb clusters to be sure it is 32kb clusters.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hopeless. This SD card isn't even working. Won't display any apps in Homebrew Channel and when I use TransmitMii to transfer the boot.elf file from HackMii installer, it won't install BootMii.

Sorlin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using my ADATA 8 GB for the Wii. Trying to boot the Wii with SNEEK+DI. How long does it take for the Wii to boot with SNEEK+DI?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
when starting it for the first time, make sure you start it from hbc.

power on wii
insert sd card
goto hbc
start bootmii

of course you need a usb hdd connected to your wii with a game in discex format on it.

Edit: should take no longer than 3mins for the first startup.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You could take a look at my poor man's sd backup loader in the tutorial section. Some things are described like the load time the first time with a modmii nand.
Connect your sd card to a pc and look at the number of free bytes. Put a small text file on the sd card and read the number of free bytes again.
Tell us the difference between both numbers.

Try to get sneek running first without font.bin and di.bin in your sneek folder. If that works, you know your emulated nand is working fine.
After that, you can add di.bin and font.bin.

While sdhc cards should work fine, I also had issues when I tried to boot neek with bootmii installed as boot 2.
The same card worked fine if I launched neek from the hbc channel. (card out, start wii, card back in, HBC and launch bootmii..)
DML requires sneek to be launched from the bootmii as boot2, so that won't work this way.

You can try a bootmii nand backup as emulated nand. Extract it with showmiiwads / showmiinand.

If you interrupt the first boot of a modmii nand, than you need to copy the nand folders over to the sd card again.

Do you still see one or more lightflashes on your drive slot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality