MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello everyone

I just recently soft-modded one of my Wii's (I have two) because I wanted to install the latest System Update (ver. 4.3U). I am currently running 3.4U

But, it all went downhill.

The first thing I did was installing Homebrew Channel and BootMii using the Bannerbomb exploit, because I don't have Zelda Twilight Princess. And it worked!

Next, I installed Priiloader, and it also worked and I didn't have any problems after that. The Wii would boot straight to System Menu as usual and I would need to press RESET + POWER to get into Priiloader.

But, it all went wrong (for some reason) when I put some hacks_hash.ini file I found here onto the root of the SD Card, Priiloader recognized the file and wouldn't give me a "hacks_hash.ini not found" error anymore.

For some reason, when I power on the Wii by just simply pressing the POWER button, it will take me to Priiloader instead of System Menu.

When I try to boot to System Menu FROM Priiloader, the screen flashes a bit and nothing happens.

I can thankfully still get into BootMii and Homebrew Channel from Priiloader, but when I tried to boot into System Menu FROM BootMii, it will take me back to Priiloader

I also tried to restore the NAND that I backed up before installing Priiloader, but it would give me a BEAUTIFUL message saying that either the SD Card or the NAND backup file is corrupted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I had an interesting idea.

What if I try to install the NAND into the Dolphin Emulator. What will happen? Is it really corrupted?

And the answer is: It worked.

I can't post images because it thinks it's spam (well, Imgur is NOT spam). So just take my word. It really worked.

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had an interesting idea.

What if I try to install the NAND into the Dolphin Emulator. What will happen? Is it really corrupted?

And the answer is: It worked.

I can't post images because it thinks it's spam (well, Imgur is NOT spam). So just take my word. It really worked.
ok so you have a nand backup but does your bootmii? is it on boot2 becuse if so you can reflash the nand. sadly the 3 wii i tried did not have boot 2

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ok so you have a nand backup but does your bootmii? is it on boot2 becuse if so you can reflash the nand. sadly the 3 wii i tried did not have boot 2
Yes I can boot to BootMii from PriiLoader, it's not installed on boot2 because it's most likely a post-2008 Wii, and Nintendo fixed the bug with boot1 that allowed unofficial programs (a.k.a HackMii) to install BootMii into boot2. So it's only on IOS

As I said, I tried to restore the backup but it said that "The SD Card or NAND file is corrupted", when it clearly is not, since I got it working on the first try with Dolphin. So, I don't know what to do.

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
from priiloader boot to HBC and install the latest system menu? and also make sure your autoboot is not set to priiloader.
Sorry for being a noob but how do I do that? Priiloader detects the System Menu as "v345", which is accurate, because I'm running 3.4U

Also I forgot to mention that I wanted to soft-mod my Wii because I wanted to get rid of that 32007 Update error.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being a noob but how do I do that? Priiloader detects the System Menu as "v345", which is accurate, because I'm running 3.4U

Also I forgot to mention that I wanted to soft-mod my Wii because I wanted to get rid of that 32007 Update error.
You can try SetMiiUp later, can you post a screenshot of your priiloader screen?
something like this:
priiloader.jpg

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sorry, I can't do that for the following reasons

1. I can't use the Wii right now, because there are only 2 TV's here that have composite output, and both TV's are being used by other family members right now.

2. I can't post screenshots because (somehow) it thinks Imgur is spam. So.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
from priiloader boot to HBC and install the latest system menu? and also make sure your autoboot is not set to priiloader.
Just a warning on this, if u install a new system menu, it will effectively uninstall priiloader.

Also, if you install a system menu wad, you also want to make sure you install its non-stubbed system menu IOS first (I. E. IOS80 for system menu 4.3)

Priiloader has hacks and settings to boot to a black screen, or require a password or whatever else. Chances are this is your issue. But either way to play it safe I would advise booting into the homebrew channel and running a syscheck report and sharing the results before doing anything rash like installing a system menu without even knowing whether you have a working corresponding system menu ios installed.

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Just a warning on this, if u install a new system menu, it will effectively uninstall priiloader.

Also, if you install a system menu wad, you also want to make sure you install its non-stubbed system menu IOS first (I. E. IOS80 for system menu 4.3)

Priiloader has hacks and settings to boot to a black screen, or require a password or whatever else. Chances are this is your issue. But either way to play it safe I would advise booting into the homebrew channel and running a syscheck report and sharing the results before doing anything rash like installing a system menu without even knowing whether you have a working corresponding system menu ios installed.

Ok so I took pictures of the Priiloader screens and Homebrew Channel, but I can't see any system check option, unless it's a HB app I need to put into the SD Card. I must mention that I can launch channels from Priiloader but, as I said earlier, I can't boot into System Menu

Another question: Can I "update" to 4.3 by using a WAD and 4.3's IOS80 without bricking the device?

I do know how to get WADs and install them on Dolphin Emulator but I have never tried doing that on a real console, hence I don't know how to do it.

ozxdwRO.jpg

xQZWfXe.jpg

QrPVicq.jpg

(I posted this one in another angle because I don't want any accidental reflections)

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to take a picture of the Priiloader settings, but every "boot" setting is set to System Menu. So basically it's supposed to boot into the System Menu

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The recovery mode option may prevent the system menu from starting. I'm assuming you turned it on after your issue started and have tried turning it off? (not being sarcastic, just looking to try to figure out what's wrong)

MickeyGP1378

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Yes, EVERYTHING was disabled on factory but I enabled that on purpose thinking it would fix the problem, because that "Force STANDARD recovery mode" title was pretty convincing

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So a couple things. Grab syscheck (a homebrew channel app) and run it and share the results. You can download it using ModMii classic's download page #2.

I would also create another nand backup with keys just in case things go really sideways you can send both Nands's to @DeadlyFoez for hardware repairs.

I'm wondering if just doing a normal Nintendo update might solve the issue. Then u just need to remod your 4.3 console from scratch after the official update is done. In theory it should work, but wait for @GreyWolf or someone else to corroborate the idea before you actually do it. It's probably simpler than using a wad manager to install ios80 and 4.3u system menu (all also available for download via modmii)

Reactions: KiiWii

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Any chance of a picture of your Priiloader settings screen, rather than the system menu hacks screen?

<EDIT - You can ignore the rest of this post>
and where did you get the hash_hacks.ini from? Yours doesn't appear to have all the latest options. You could try the one linked in this post:-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/priiloader-hacks_hash-ini-not-found.327610/#post-4234809

Finally, is it possible your version of IOS50 has somehow been replaced with the stubbed version?
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS50
In which case downloading IOS50 v4889 and installing it with a WAD manager would seem to be a reasonably safe thing to try?

Last edited by Razor83,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
If his system menu ios was stubbed he wouldn't be able to even boot priiloader

And there are less system menu hacks available on older system menu versions
Ah apologies, that makes sense.

I still would be interested to see what the Priiloader settings screen looks like:-
settings-jpg.5800

Last edited by Razor83,
Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: