Hacking Im in a bad situation...

Jackson2929

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know if this is enough info, but my wii was on pre-loaded when I chose to return to system menu, but it gave an error, could not make out letter other than "h syst s rruptd. P as rr h Wii Opras ual for help roubshooting." I assume it means "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." Correct me if I'm wrong. And this error only occurs when boot is via Priiloader.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I don't know if this is enough info, but my wii was on pre-loaded when I chose to return to system menu, but it gave an error, could not make out letter other than "h syst s rruptd. P as rr h Wii Opras ual for help roubshooting." I assume it means "The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." Correct me if I'm wrong. And this error only occurs when boot is via Priiloader.
Your translation is allright, but i'm not sure yet what Brick it is: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick
diagnosing the right brick will help us getting you to being able to repair if possible.
It should be a: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Brick/Banner_brick
Check if https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader boots, if so, we can still fix this.
  1. First thing to fix is region, match it with the serial number, this will prevent installing mismatching system files (possible what got you in this mess).
  2. Get yourself latest unmoddified BC.
  3. Get yourself latest unmoddified MIOS.
  4. Get yourself latest unmoddified System Menu.
  5. Get yourself latest unmoddified IOS3, IOS4, IOS5, IOS9, IOS10, IOS11, IOS12, IOS13, IOS14, IOS15, IOS16, IOS17, IOS19, IOS20, IOS21, IOS22, IOS28, IOS30, IOS31, IOS33, IOS34, IOS35, IOS36, IOS37, IOS38, IOS40, IOS41, IOS43, IOS45, IOS46, IOS48, IOS50, IOS51, IOS52, IOS53, IOS55, IOS56, IOS57, IOS58, IOS59, IOS60, IOS61, IOS62, IOS70, IOS80, IOS254.
  6. Install these with priiloader.
  7. Reboot.
Now you should have a working clean installation of your system.
Optional you could mod your wii again.

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Iirc someone had something similar recently and AFTER confirming their syscheck looked good (drop and drop syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe) reinstalling the system menu ios and/or priiloader resolved the issue. If that didn't resolve the issue he was going to try using modmii's region change wizard to "change" to his current region, and if that didn't work next was flashing an ohneschwanzenegger generated nand. If all that failed then we were prepared to call it a hardware issue.

Reactions: jeannotte

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Iirc someone had something similar recently and AFTER confirming their syscheck looked good (drop and drop syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe) reinstalling the system menu ios and/or priiloader resolved the issue. If that didn't resolve the issue he was going to try using modmii's region change wizard to "change" to his current region, and if that didn't work next was flashing an ohneschwanzenegger generated nand. If all that failed then we were prepared to call it a hardware issue.
Since the wii won't fully boot, how does he generate syscheck.csv?
It could be unrepairable for if installing BootMII on first generation wiigot interupted there's no repair as far as i know for restoring that boot sector, and yet it is still software.
But fresh installation should fix banner brick, which is what he described the error beïng.

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you're thinking of https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-system-files-are-corrupted-garbled-text.641286/ we never heard back from that poster what worked, if anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.