Hacking Wii with Wiikey1 and 4.3

neigan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so I got a wiikey 1 more than 2 years ago and last month updated to 4.3(eu) to get galaxy2 working and this made all my trucha signed games stop working(ssbm and others).

I've been gone from the "wii-scene" for sooo long that theres just so much stuff out there now and i have no idea where to start.

Simply put, what's the easiest way to get all the trucha games to work again and also newer games like New Super Mario Bros.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
neigan said:
Hi, so I got a wiikey 1 more than 2 years ago and last month updated to 4.3(eu) to get galaxy2 working and this made all my trucha signed games stop working(ssbm and others).
SMG2 does not provide nor require 4.3.
QUOTE(neigan @ Sep 15 2010, 06:17 PM) I've been gone from the "wii-scene" for sooo long that theres just so much stuff out there now and i have no idea where to start.
Simply put, what's the easiest way to get all the trucha games to work again and also newer games like New Super Mario Bros.
http://gwht.wikidot.com/homebrew-channel
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 (beware of crash)
https://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/

GrEvilKin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's a Trucha signed game? A rip that's been modified with some kind of Trucha Bug?

Just my 2 cents, in the future rip your games 1:1 with SuperDump. Never had a problem with my d2pro which is I guess as old as yours. I have 4.3 also.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

neigan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed the 3 programs mention above(all the latest versions), then I did this:
1. Load The Homebrew Channel -- Select DOP-Mii (v12) -- Press "Load"
2. Wait & Read The Info -- Press A to Continue
3. Select "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" -- Press A
4. "Are you sure you want to continue" -- Press A
5. "Downgrading IOS15 to v257" -- Select -- Press A
6. "Restoring IOS36 to v3351" --(Applying The Patches -- Say YES to ALL Patches)
- "Apply ES Identify patch to IOS36" -- Press A
- "Apply NAND Permissions Patch" -- Press A
7."Loading IOS36 v3351 into memory" -- Select -- Press A -- Wait
8. "Would you like to restore IOS15 to v1031?" -- Press A-- Select "Load WAD from SD Card" -- Press A -- Wait.
9. Done -- Press Any Key to Continue -- Press HOME to Exit

From wifi tho, but it all downloaded and installed just fine.
Then i just restarted the Wii and tried the ssbb discs wich both got the error.

neigan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, ran the "Scan the Wii's internals (SysCheck) wich says Disabled on ALL except 36(v3351) wich says Enabled on all but "Flash"

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
neigan said:
mike333 said:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/homebrew-channel
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios236 (beware of crash)
https://code.google.com/p/dop-mii/
Ok, i did this, but im still not able to play either pal och ntsc 1disc version of super smash bros brawl.
On both i get the "error occured , eject tray an turn of the wii system" when i insert the disc.

No, You did not.
QUOTE(neigan @ Sep 17 2010, 06:23 PM)
I installed the 3 programs mention above(all the latest versions), then I did this:
1. Load The Homebrew Channel -- Select DOP-Mii (v12) -- Press "Load"
2. Wait & Read The Info -- Press A to Continue
3. Select "Install IOS36 (v3351) w/FakeSign" -- Press A
4. "Are you sure you want to continue" -- Press A
5. "Downgrading IOS15 to v257" -- Select -- Press A
6. "Restoring IOS36 to v3351" --(Applying The Patches -- Say YES to ALL Patches)
- "Apply ES Identify patch to IOS36" -- Press A
- "Apply NAND Permissions Patch" -- Press A
7."Loading IOS36 v3351 into memory" -- Select -- Press A -- Wait
8. "Would you like to restore IOS15 to v1031?" -- Press A-- Select "Load WAD from SD Card" -- Press A -- Wait.
9. Done -- Press Any Key to Continue -- Press HOME to Exit

From wifi tho, but it all downloaded and installed just fine.
Then i just restarted the Wii and tried the ssbb discs wich both got the error.
Above steps wasn't mentioned on web pages I have posted links to.
You still have unpatched IOSes required by Your games.

neigan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, but WHAT do you want me to do with dop-mii as you only linked to the site where I can download it, it says nowhere what I should do with it(and by the looks of it, you can to pretty much stuff with it).

Both Homebrew channel and ios236(with the "pirate" option at the end) have been installed successfully

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
I wouldn't worry about the Wiikey anymore. Also it's too much of a hassle to trucha sign game too these days. I actually uninstalled my Wiikey1 cause my Wii wouldn't read my retail Other M game, now it does since I took my Wiikey out.

I use USB Loader now. I understand you're used to Wiikey and it's what you know but I suggest to use a USB Loader, also there are Backup Loaders you can use now. The Wiikey has been redundant since 4.0.

Installing IOS249 (or a cIOS) will get USB and Backup loaders working.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
neigan said:
Ok, but WHAT do you want me to do with dop-mii as you only linked to the site where I can download it, it says nowhere what I should do with it(and by the looks of it, you can to pretty much stuff with it).
Just restore TB on IOSes used by particular games.
DOP-Mii with little help of "clean" IOS236 can handle that.
QUOTE(neigan @ Sep 17 2010, 08:29 PM) Both Homebrew channel and ios236(with the "pirate" option at the end) have been installed successfully
Did You even read what IOS236 said after choosing "pirate" option at the end?

neigan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
I wouldn't worry about the Wiikey anymore.
Yea I know, but i gave my Wii to my sibblings ang i got like 50 spare dvd's, so i dont rly want to spend the money for a usb-hdd.

QUOTE(mike333 @ Sep 18 2010, 05:25 AM) Just restore TB on IOSes used by particular games.

Thanks and sry I've been such a hassle, but where can i find what IOSes a "particular games" i.e. ssbb is using, is there like a List somewhere?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1