timmeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I homebrewed my Wii a couple of years ago using GX Loader. Recently I needed to free up blocks for game data and I researched emuAND (although not very thoroughly).

I set emuAND to a folder on the SD Card, and as soon as I activated it the controllers disconnected and now they won't reconnect. I have also tried connecting a USB keyboard but no dice.

I have read online that if I can get back into the GX menu then I can simply "export sysconf to EmuAND" and then it should all be OK (which I should have done in the first place), so my question is, how can I do this without controllers and USB keyboard? Will a wired Wii gamepad work (I'd need to buy one) or is the fact that the USB keyboard does not work a sign that it won't.

Advice appreciated :)

timmeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Turn off the console, and boot into real nand, access gx and dump what u need

If u experience other sync issues u could hold the red sync button on the console for 30 seconds, but you'll have to resync everything afterwards
Thanks for the reply :) this sounds like the answer I was looking for.

But, how do you boot into real nand? When googling I can only find how to restore from a Nand backup, which isn't what I want to do.

Sorry if this is obvious! It's been a couple of years since I set this all up and I can't remember anything.
Post automatically merged:

Turn off the console, and boot into real nand, access gx and dump what u need

If u experience other sync issues u could hold the red sync button on the console for 30 seconds, but you'll have to resync everything afterwards
Is this the process? wii.hacks.guide/bootmiirecover

Last edited by timmeh,

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If u aren't booting into neek, then by default you'll launch into real nand

If you don't have a sneek folder in your sd card then you definitely aren't automatically launching into neek. If your sd sneek and bootmii folders are configured to launch neek, just make sure priiloader isn't configured to autoboot bootmii, and if u have bootmii boot2, rename the sd bootmii folder to something different

Then you'll definitely be in real nand, launch gx, dump what u need

Edit: or just turn on the wii without your sd card inserted, then insert it while in the main wii system menu. Tbh I doubt you are launching into a neek environment, chances are high you're loading your real nand, and then gx is pulling resources from real nand or emunand or both depending on your config

Last edited by XFlak,

timmeh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If u aren't booting into neek, then by default you'll launch into real nand

If you don't have a sneek folder in your sd card then you definitely aren't automatically launching into neek. If your sd sneek and bootmii folders are configured to launch neek, just make sure priiloader isn't configured to autoboot bootmii, and if u have bootmii boot2, rename the sd bootmii folder to something different

Then you'll definitely be in real nand, launch gx, dump what u need

Edit: or just turn on the wii without your sd card inserted, then insert it while in the main wii system menu. Tbh I doubt you are launching into a neek environment, chances are high you're loading your real nand, and then gx is pulling resources from real nand or emunand or both depending on your config
OK brill, I'm going to have to go away and look at what all of that means!

As an aside, if I leave the card out when I boot, it still boots to the loader - if that helps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto