Hardware Wii VC Offline List updated!!

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Guys,

It took me a while but I have updated the WII VC and Wiiware datfile for offline list.
The basis is the one created by Nago.

I took some liberties and shortcuts.
1. The numbering is a continuation there where Nago stopped (no renumbering done)
2. The CRC's are from my own collection. I did not verify them against other sources

edit @ 27 june: No new version but just to mention that the autoupdate works again. Thanks to crackerscrap who kindly gave me access to the location of the dat files.
I don't guess that there will be many more updates as the Wiiware/VC scene has dried up, but if new titles surface I will put new versions directly on the server.

edit @ 2 November 2013: new version of wiiware available on crackerscrap. Just download attached ones and do an update

Have fun
LaFleche

Attachments

• vc-oll.zip
    137.2 KB · Views: 3,520
  • ww-oll demo.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 511
  • ww-oll.zip
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,734
Reactions: Nago and Madridi

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad to see someone finally took over on this. I'm pretty sure that there won't be any hard feelings by him. I know it was a pain in the ass because I got sucked into helping him a bit in the mess of legit vs. hacked, repackaged, corrupted, etc. wads. He lasted longer at updating the list than I would have. :) AFAIK there was never any clear info on what wads were clean dumps and there seemed to be a lack of a standard of how the files were packed (a variety of padding). Good luck and hope you keep your sanity!

jab2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yepi these are for organising WiiVC and WiiWare game using offline list they compare the CRC of the file against the one listed in the dat. if they match then you know you have a genuine game dump and not just something crap.

some games out there may have multiple crcs as different people dump them but the ones in these dats are normally scene releases

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yepi these are for organising WiiVC and WiiWare game using offline list they compare the CRC of the file against the one listed in the dat. if they match then you know you have a genuine game dump and not just something crap.

some games out there may have multiple crcs as different people dump them but the ones in these dats are normally scene releases
Oh I see, in other words its too prevent WAD bricking and knowing its a genuine game uh? OK thanks.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
This is awesome. Nago did a great job, but he kept disappearing. I'm glad it's updated. I guess it's time for me to organize my collection!

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
No hard feelings.
I'm very embarrassed that I wasn't able to keep updating! I had an electrical fire a while back and it destroyed my development server, database and all. I'm glad someone has kept updating in my absence.

Apologies to all for the hiccups, and thanks to lafleche for keeping the fire lit.

--nago

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi Nago,

One question: can I use your old url to upload the new dat files (I know I have to change the version number then)? Then the update in offlinelist can function again.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
If cracker wants to give you access to host it, sure. Just make a little backup folder with my old stuff and have at it :)

As an edit: I am going to keep working on a new backend software for managing dats in general, but it will likely take some time. I intend to write an administration backend so that if I disappear again, I can just hand over the controls to someone else :P

Maybe I'll see you in a year when I finish it ;)

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Oh hey, nice to see Nago alive!

Sorry to hear about the fire. Hope all is well now.

@lafleche: Any update to the dat files? Did you manage to be able to get them hosted somewhere?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Lafleche,
I found some mistakes in your dat files.

WiiWare:
- Releases from 0812 onwards have 0 zero size.
- Horizon_Riders_USA_WiiWare_Wii-LaKiTu & Manic.Monkey.Mayhem.USA.WiiWare.Wii-OneUp .. Please check these two. I don't think the CRC in the dat files are correct

Virtual Console:
- Releases 1189 until 1279 doesn't show the source correctly

There might be some other mistakes, but these are the only ones I found so far. I'll let you know if I found any more mistakes.
Any word on my last post? Seems like there are more releases that you are not aware about?

Thanks again for your work :)

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will pick up/check on some of your remarks asap.
The 0 size is something I will not follow up on. I don't have an easy method to determine the exact size AND to add them to the dat-files. It will take me too much time. :-)

To be continued..... :-)

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The size is the least important, and I understand that it will take a lot of time :)
Sources & CRC are probably the most important thing :)

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay help me out
Horizon_Riders_USA_WiiWare_Wii-LaKiTu : I have two versions with different CRC's (340c449c and A36561CD)
Manic.Monkey.Mayhem.USA.WiiWare.Wii-OneUp : I have two versions with different CRC's (FC219747 and 58cbaa4c)

Which one is the right one?

- The VC one is updated with one new title

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Horizon_Riders_USA_WiiWare_Wii-LaKiTu : A36561CD is the correct one
Manic.Monkey.Mayhem.USA.WiiWare.Wii-OneUp : 58CBAA4C is the correct one
Yep, it's the other version on both :)

Thanks for the update on the VC for the one new title. The sources on 1189 to 1279 is not fixed yet though.

One more question, how was the numbering done? Is it based on which release came before the other? Because I think some releases are listed before the others, while it's actually supposed to be after.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn