Hardware Wii VC Offline List updated!!

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But how sure are you that the other CRC's are the right ones?
Is there a website where I can find or cross-check the CRC's?

I will do the changes of the sources when I find the time. I will do the new titles first (easy) :-)

I don't know how the initial numbering was done but I just continue where Nago left. From that point on I look at http://wii.ds-scene.net/ and followed that list.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hi,

For the CRC, I'm sure cause I get them straight "from the source" ;)
No worries about the sources, I currently don't have those downloaded, as I'll wait for you to fix them whenever you get the chance :)

As for the numbering, yeah it follows it's release to scene. I'm pretty sure that's what Nago did (he probably can verify them himself)
I do recommend renumbering them according to this:
http://www.ludibria.com/index.php?sys=wii

It is probably the most updated site (which also mark nukes and such)

Thanks!

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wonder: are both versions exact the same or is one an Arcade version (NRP) and the other (PLAY-SKILL) a MD/GEN one?
If so the last one is missing, if not what's the diff? Are the CRC's different? (I don't have the play-skill version to check)

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The sources in the VC on 1189 to 1279 are fixed.
Now I noticed -looking at http://www.abgx.net/ in the wiiVC list that there are still a bunch missing in the dat file.... a lot are nuked, some are injected so I will not add these but also some good ones missing.... the only way to do it good is to do renumbering according to that list but that that will take some time.

edit: found out that only 1 was missing (Mario 25th PAL). Added it at the end of the list.
Renumbering will not be picked up soon.
The list at abgx.net is a mess as it still contains titles which has "propered" releases later on, INJECTED versions (which I don't consider real releases) and so on....
I don't feel that there is a proper definitive list on which I can do a decent consistent renumbering.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Thanks for the fix! It looks great now :)

Yes, abgx.net is a good site to follow if you prefer that, but you might have to check if their info is up to date.
I had a feeling you might have missed a few releases here and there. Yeah, injects are in no way official, so please don't add those. Nukes can either not be added, or added in the bottom with numbering as "XXXX" .. either way is fine.

Did you verify the list from the beginning and discover that Mario 25th Pal was the only missing one?

I hope you can do the numbering soon, to keep a chronological data of what has been released before the other.

Although the site is a mess, my suggestion is the following:
1- Get the complete list (with all injects, nukes, and such)
2- Filter out the injects and nukes.. You should only have a list of real releases
3- Mark whatever was propered (and not updated by the site), and insert them in the list yourself (cross check with Ludibria on their release dates)
4- You should have a complete renumbered list :)

Last question, did you check WiiWare too?

Thanks again!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
One more thing:

Samurai_Shodown_IV_-_Amakusas_Revenge_USA_REPACK_VC_NEOGEO_Wii-On eUp is a missed release. It replaces 1254 which was nuked :)

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When doing the crossreferencing I only checked from the point where I took over (somewhere around the Mario 25th release). I assume that Nago's entries were complete.

I will replace the nuked one asap.
However the renumbering is a hell of a job. It's not only the numbering itself but the duplicate numbering which falls apart as well.
It will not be done very soon (if ever)

Thanks btw for you interest and your corrections. I will check the WiiWare the next few days (but no renumbering :-) )

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yes, as far as I remember, Nago's entries were all correct and up to date. (I think so..)

Thanks for replacing the nuked one, and I understand about the renumbering. It's true that it would take some time, but that's the only way the dat will be "complete", but they are not necessary to verify the files in any way. I hope you get to them eventually.

You're more than welcome. I'm merely a user of the Dat files, thank you for taking the time to update them. Looking forward to the WiiWare update :)

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No new version but just to mention that the autoupdate works again. Thanks to crackerscrap who kindly gave me access to the location of the dat files.
I don't guess that there will be many more updates as the Wiiware/VC scene has dried up, but if new titles surface I will put new versions directly on the server.

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your hard work :)
I started idly writing some new dat management software, but life keeps me from ever getting too far :)

I've also noticed now that there are unfortunately a number of games which are no longer available from the official store, so this complicates matters in making a perfect archival dat.
It's very likely that in the future, any WiiWare / VC dats we produce will simply be incomplete.

For Virtual Console this is not a /tremendous/ loss, however it does bother me a little for WiiWare.
~oh well~, I guess!

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
What does matter if some games are not available in the official store..? I mean, the purpose of this is to keep track of what got released and what didn't for archival purposes .. Or am I missing something here?

Nago

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
crackerscrap.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the minor necromance:

I started the project for archival purposes, not necessarily rom archival purposes. I wanted to help make sure (as is the datter creedo) that we had well documented and preserved copies of every WW software ever created. That's certainly why I started, anyway. By creating a dat to document what was and what was not yet dumped, it did spur a little interest in the scene to re-dump games they were not aware had not been properly dumped yet.

With items disappearing from the store, it's a great shame there are some we never got to.

The all-digital marketplace of the future is going to make historical software archival a big challenge -- we aren't going to be able to find used copies at yardsales, ebay, in our parent's dusty collections in the attic -- they're gone forever!

Thanks again for keeping the dats afloat, lafleche :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)