Emulation Project [Project] Updated Wii VC Injection Compatibility List

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people. I am intending to create a new, completely updated Wii VC (Virtual Console) Injection Compatibility list for the Nintendo Wii.
My mission with this project is to have more reliable and up-to-date information for this topic of Wii Homebrew, rather than people having to look at the more outdated GBATempWiki Compatibility List.

This Compatibility Sheet will be done via Google Spreadsheets, so that it is more easier for people to view and add contributions to this project.

If you have any contributions you want to add, please either PM me, or send a reply to this Thread. If it is something with full-concrete evidence, you may either ask for permission to edit on the Spreadsheet, or allow me to add the information to the Spreadsheet myself.

Google Spreadsheets Link:
Wii VC Injection Compatibility List

Last edited by NecroNova,

NecroNova

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some universal things with Wii VC Injections i should mention here in this thread, because they'd be completely miscellaneous and awkward to place within the actual compatibility list.

-EVERY Injection will work with the vWii on Wii U. If an Injection does not boot on your vWii, it is most likely a compatibility issue with the Injection, not the vWii itself.

-The Recommended Injector Program for this is FriishProduce, as it is the easiest and most user-friendly Wii Injection Program Available. If you are comfortable with using AutoInjectUWad or DevilKen's Injector, please continue so. This mention is mostly for beginners wanting to do Wii VC Injections.

-When testing an Injection, you might notice that the game is stretched into 16:9. This only occurs when you have your screen settings on your Wii/vWii set to "16:9 Widescreen", and the Stretching itself can happen for a multitude of reasons. But, if this occurs, try either using different options for bases and options within FriishProduce, or turn the Screen Setting on your console from 16:9 to 4:3 (This option is NOT Recommended).

-Wii VC Injections and their Save Files will rarely EVER increase in the amount of storage they take. At most, the Wad itself will have 2 or 3 blocks added. For the Save Files, they will amount to the same blocks as the Base Wad's amount.
The only exceptions to this rule are the N64 & Neo Geo titles, due to their Roms taking up more space than most of the Consoles on Virtual Console.

-Every Console as a maximum file size you can have for an Injection, if you go over it, the wad will most likely crash, or the program youre using for Injection will NOT allow you to continue.
Here is the file size limitations for each console within Wii VC [Most Information provided by SaulFabre, with slight additions added by Myself]
  • NES/Famicom VC - the WAD's original ROM sets the max file size of the ROM you can use
  • SNES/Super Famicom VC - max ROM size: 4 MB (4096 KB)
  • Nintendo 64 VC - max ROM size: 32 MB (32768 KB)
  • Sega Master System VC - max ROM size: 0.5 MB (512 KB)
  • Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive VC - max ROM size: 5.25 MB (5376 KB)
  • PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 HuCARD VC - max ROM size: 2.5 MB (2560 KB)
  • PC Engine CD/TurboGrafx-16 CD VC - max ROM size: Possibly None, may need further investigation.
  • NeoGeo VC - max ROM size: 52000000 bytes (49.5911 MB / 50781.25 KB) for rev1 WADs, 56000000 bytes / 54687.5 KB / 53.4058 MB for rev2 WADs, 61.210.688 bytes (58.3751 MB) / 62.259.264 bytes (59.3751 MB) for rev3 WADs
  • MSX/MSX2 VC - max ROM size: 0.5 MB (512 KB)
  • Commodore 64 VC - Currently Unknown, needs complete investigation.
  • Arcade VC - Injection Process currently unavailable.

Last edited by NecroNova,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto