MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ghost-recon-online-Wii-U.jpg

Nintendo CEO, Sotaru Iwata, has just confirmed that the Wii U will support free-to-play games and microtransactions.

"And because of that, we have prepared a Digital Rights Management system. We have designed the system from a technical standpoint to allow developers to freely take advantage of things like free-to-play and microtransactions."

Iwata has also said that they wont offer their games as free-to-play but they might get free content(DLC)

"Currently, we are not actively looking at free to play for our first-party content and I don't think that's a direction that we should go in right now," he said. "But that doesn't mean for the future that there may not come a time where we have specific content that might be suited to that model.
"If there are some people who feel that Mario is something that should be available as a free-to-play type model, I would have to clearly say that I disagree. But in the future if we come up with a very interesting idea of a novel game with totally different value and structure that would potentially be very well suited to free-to-play, we might go in that direction.
"We are not considering making Nintendo-made games available for play on smartphones or tablet devices," Iwata added.

Which Free-to-Play games would you like to see on the Wii U?

Source

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm.... Nintendo may be stepping into the right direction if they offer their DLC content for free. It all depends on the quality of the DLC.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as how Ghost Recon Online is free on the PC, i assumed it would be that way on the Wii U. So i kind of assumed free to play games would be on it lol.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's interesting, it'll certainly have wide-appeal (or rather, varied appeal).

Though...I do have a question. Why do you have those pictures there? They aren't really related to the topic.

rt141

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, what?
Are we talking about ios like things... or fiesta online, flyff, Dragon Nest or Vindictus kinda things?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just in, Zynga is 100% on board with wiiU, expect all your favorite _vile games joined by new additions including miivile.

On a more serious note i'd love to see something like tribes ascend, or an mmo specifically made for the platform.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Great possibilities and could prove to give out nice games for free. I could imagine quite a few cool games using microtransactions, but they do add up on the long run to cost more than a 50€ game. I'm kinda divided on this..

For example looking at how the Skylander-series uses RFID/NFC/Whatever to give people extra content, the catch is buying the figures (sure they're figures, but not everyone will want them). It's not that unheard of?

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nexon has a partnership with Nintendo. MapleStory, Dragon Nest, Vindictus, DFO on the Wii U?
'To be honest, I think MapleStory should stick to being on the computer. DFO as well. I could probably see Dragon Nest working out on the Wii U, though, that'd be pretty cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1