OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

A while back I bricked vWii on Wii U by installing Wii IOS, and bricked my Wii U. Whenever I tried to update the Wii U, it would give me error 162-0002. After researching, I realized it might of been an IOS problem.

So I got a new one.

On this Wii U, I could not transfer Game and Wario from my old Wii U to the new Wii U because I downloaded it.

Also, on both of the Wii Us, my New Super Mario Bros. U disc could not be read. Polishing the disc did not help.

Should I go to gamestop and see if they can do anything?

Have a good day!

Reactions: Seriel

RioLucario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol trade both of em in and you'll get like 5 bucks

But really have you tried resetting the old Wii u that might fix it
And for the disc im not sure but it must be a bad disc maybe try to get a replacement

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Well, not a BRICK, but in my experience of being stupid and installing Wii IOS first messed up Wii mode, then I noticed when trying to update my Wii U, it wouldn't work. People got mad because they sent their wii u to nintendo and they said that they modded it. Well, some people did not mod it. I thought Nintendo was lying to people until Wii U 4.0.0 came out and someone got the error code while updating, and had to delete IOS 58, 38, 36, and 15 using anytitle deleter. So, I think error 162-0002 meant something rather than installing Wii IOS, and if the Wii IOS gets messed up, they think that you modded it.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can brick Wii U mode with the vWii. Also, the 162-0002 error is not an IOS issue, it is a problem with your ISP or device losing packets during download which is corrupting the install and will fail during install. I know this from experience, I get errors on both system and game updates which I can keep trying and eventually it will successfully install but since I have a data cap that is not an option for some large updates. I have to pack up my Wii U and take to to my brother's house where he has a more reliable ISP and router to download any updates and they will install without any issues. Trust me if you get any errors during install then take your Wii U to another internet connection or keep retrying and eventually it will work.

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
OP
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
It is not my internet failing. I have tried several times to update a Wii U and got that error. It may be a problem with internet as well, because some people have done stuff with the DNS. Plus, why would Nintendo say you modded the system if it was an Internet issue? The IOS thing is what I think because I have read about it and found out that someone removed some IOS and got it to work.

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
It is not my internet failing. I have tried several times to update a Wii U and got that error. It may be a problem with internet as well, because some people have done stuff with the DNS. Plus, why would Nintendo say you modded the system if it was an Internet issue? The IOS thing is what I think because I have read about it and found out that someone removed some IOS and got it to work.

What about the people with an unmodded Wii U? They are many with the same issues. Also, is your updates failing during download or is it failing while installing the update?

BTW, Nintendo reps & tech supports are a bit naive when it comes to anything other than resetting your parental controls or connecting to the internet. So, when they can't fix an issue they assume its modded and if you admit to having the HBC installed or any other hacks they no longer care if they help you or not.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The only advice I can give you is to not polish the discs if they're not scratched as it won't be needed, that's for scratched discs and even still it's better not to polish them as they might become unreadable.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, on another thread somebody pointed out the update is not downloading correctly. There is no way for us to narrow something down and say conclusively, "That is it, the transfer part is corrupted" or some other imagined reason for the update to fail. The most logical reason is maybe the most common reason for devices to brick; update is corrupted. Get 2 million packets, and 100 are corrputed/errors and that may be enough to cause the brick (for example). Randomizer said update eventually succeeded.

1.) Curious to see what Marcan knows about verification of update integrity prior to installation begins. Also, is there some fail safe or like a "Wii U recovery" disc?
2.) It does seem to be poor internet integrity with these update issues. The rest seems to be speculation. OBVIOUSLY the way the Wii had bootmii and priiloader helped for situations like this. Basically like adding a "boot loader" like in phones/computers. For my phone, I have an engineering hboot and love the freedom. It really gives me a safety net. These stories about bad updates are making me not want to risk updating over the internet. MAYBE Nintendo might actually consider adding some sort of safety feature. Is it too hard to have a simple, "Restore" option like some computers have built in, seriously???

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i don't know about your update, but i would send the game back to nintendo and they will fix it or send you a new one. doesn't matter when you bought it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: