Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got 2 games,
one has gamename3 folders - code, content, meta
That's a loadiine game (not this thread's topic). Copy the gamename folder (which hopefully is actually gamename [gameID] - if not, you have to add the ID) to sd:/wiiu/games and run it from loadiine.

the other has gamenamefolder called install then a bunch of files
That's a wupinstaller/NUS game (which is what this thread discusses). Read this thread's OP. Basically, you copy install to sd:/ and run wupinstaller to put it in your NAND or WiiU-formatted USB drive. (You can't use the USB drive you've set up for the vWii for this purpose simultaneously, because you have to let the WiiU format the drive)

Also can that tool be used on the hdd so the wiiu doesnt ask to format it every time its switched on?
That Tool? There is a tool, but it's not loadiine or wupinstaller. Look for USTEALTH.

Reactions: ganons

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wup method is better than loadliine in terms of compatibilty and popularity?
Yep ustealth
Compatibility for eligible games is as good as it can be, because the installed title isn't a hack. However, you'll likely use both the wup installs and loadiine because not all games/tickets are currently available if you use wupinstaller without redNAND or post-install changes.

Is there more to the UStealth question? (I can't tell if you just didn't remember what it was named, or if you're asking something about UStealth itself.)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for this. I've been installing games that I also have on disc, just so I won't have to swap between them when I want to play something. Unfortunately, I didn't realize just how much space I'd use up by installing my disc games, and now my ext HDD is almost full and I've still got a number of games to install. I've got a bigger ext HDD I could use, but it needs to be formatted. My question is, because of these eShop versions with disc tickets, will it be a problem using the system's transfer method to transfer all the data from one ext HDD to another?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks for this. I've been installing games that I also have on disc, just so I won't have to swap between them when I want to play something. Unfortunately, I didn't realize just how much space I'd use up by installing my disc games, and now my ext HDD is almost full and I've still got a number of games to install. I've got a bigger ext HDD I could use, but it needs to be formatted. My question is, because of these eShop versions with disc tickets, will it be a problem using the system's transfer method to transfer all the data from one ext HDD to another?
Nope. I did it just a few days ago with no problems. Just be prepared for it to take 10+hours, possibly MUCH longer depending on the amount of games installed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
can we create disc images or extract critical information FROM A DISC with DiscU, yet?
we can't create WUD.
DiscU is a WUD extracted, not a disc dumper, you might want to look at IOSU Hax with WUP Server to extract files from the console. Maybe it has a "direct disc access" where you can extract individual files from disc. real all the thread, fix94 probably already gave the path to the disc (he gave few different path, I don't remember which ones). or maybe use the WUP Server GUI to navigate accessible folders. I never tried, I don't know if there's disc access.

if all you want is the ticket, then you don't need the disc access. when you insert a disc in the console, the ticket is copied to NAND.
the path to the ticket on NAND is the first path which were given in that thread.

If encrypt Loadine COD BO2 and use an extracted disk tik is possible to install in sysnand?
It will probably work on redNAND, there's no signature patch.
Repacking is using SDK tool or released homebrew legal tools? (I didn't watch the youtube video)
In both case, it will NOT work on sysNAND.
If it's a legal homebrew tool, it will give an error at install because the signature is not correct.
if it's a official SDK tool, the signature will be fine, but will be for development unit ! wrong key ! you might even brick your console. or at best, it will not install because the retail console doesn't know the dev signature.

Scoop111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought DiscU was able to dump the game files from disc. Hasn't this happened to some games which had no eshop release?
That's why I was waiting for somebody to dump Fast Racing Neo which had a eur Disc-Release...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
discU doesn't dump, it extracts.
it's a windows tool, to extract from a disc dump.

dumping is done on the console (disc -> wud), probably using some hardware (like the unreleased WiiKeyU which act as interface between the disc and the console, replace the drive?).
Then the resulted disc image file can be extracted using DiscU.

how can we rip our own games?
Use Dumpiine or ddd, to dump games in extracted format (for loadiine)
Maybe also CFW + WUP Server, but it's extra slow.
There's currently NO WAY to dump as WUD for end users.

Scoop111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh, okay. I believed that within the last weeks especially because of redNAND tools for a disc-dump were released. Got confused with DiscU. Thank you.

Jucost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

thanks for this but now my SD card is full of wii and Gamecube games and i would like to know if Wupinstaller can, or could in few weeks (months),use
usb disk for the "install" folder.

thanks

D

Deleted User

If encrypt Loadine COD BO2 and use an extracted disk tik is possible to install in sysnand?

Encrypt Loadiine Games
-Snip-

-Snip-
Your link contains binaries from the official SDK; you should remove it.

Nontheless, it's great to see that the method to repack out-of-region content is becoming more easier; it used to be a pain in the backside sometimes for me.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone link me to the thread with specifics on how to repack loadiine games for brazilian method?
thanks

@BurningDesire also can the OP be updated to say that loadiine games can be converted now for the usb method

Last edited by Don Jon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo