Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...what? Could someone explain what that is? :blink:
Well I just compiled and tested, and so far it matches the small amount I hand copied a while ago from the old OTP "dumper" (before I gave up and just waited for something like this to be made). It launches from HBL, loads into the home menu and then once that loads the OTP is dumped. The second time I loaded it it worked fine, but the first time either HBL or this errored and the second I clicked "load" from the HBL the console hardlocked.

Reactions: thaikhoa

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have installed games to my usb with no problems, pdates however are a different situation... Ive tried about 5 different game updates so far and every one has failed....

Lavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, first of all great guide. It all went perfectly right up through the install, I got the successfully installed message and it shows up as installed in my data management. I however cannot for the life of me cant figure out how to launch it, nothing shows up on my homescreen anywhere. I dont know if I went wrong somewhere or missed something completely obvious. It does it with all games I try.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey, first of all great guide. It all went perfectly right up through the install, I got the successfully installed message and it shows up as installed in my data management. I however cannot for the life of me cant figure out how to launch it, nothing shows up on my homescreen anywhere. I dont know if I went wrong somewhere or missed something completely obvious. It does it with all games I try.

I have a feeling you installed patch/updates

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, that isn't a bug. It's the videos for the cutscenes that make the game the size of over 13 GB.

No not cutscene, bonus videos, you can install standalone versions to save some space.

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
So here is an interesting thing...

have the Yoshi game disk. Installed the eshop version. Copied over the save from the NAND to the USB. After doing that the eshop version disappeared. Fine, so I deleted it and all the saves and update data from the USB and tried to re-install it without even copying the save over. Just trying to get it installed as an eshop again.

Says is successfully installs but never shows up again. Redownloaded the whole thing again and tried to install it again. I will install correctly but never ever show up for some reason? Anyone run into that issue?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So here is an interesting thing...

have the Yoshi game disk. Installed the eshop version. Copied over the save from the NAND to the USB. After doing that the eshop version disappeared. Fine, so I deleted it and all the saves and update data from the USB and tried to re-install it without even copying the save over. Just trying to get it installed as an eshop again.

Says is successfully installs but never shows up again. Redownloaded the whole thing again and tried to install it again. I will install correctly but never ever show up for some reason? Anyone run into that issue?

You have to copy the save data to usb first and then install the game to usb to make it work.

SPYPSY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help? I downloaded the game (via internal memory) and I can't seem to play online.Help would be appreciated.

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
I would also like to know what size every game take up when they are installed... Or is it always the same as the install-files?

Reactions: OuahOuah

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason games like Mass Effect 3 aren't available via NUS?

Edit: I suppose one could type in the title using the JNUS commandline, but no tickets for the game exist, so, yeah, I don't know if anyone has tried games not on NUS yet :unsure:

Last edited by the_randomizer,

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Trying to do some maths on my end, is there a list of some kind that details the installed size of every Wii U game?
I did all of them. Clocks in just shy of a terabyte

Is there a reason games like Mass Effect 3 aren't available via NUS?

Edit: I suppose one could type in the title using the JNUS commandline, but no tickets for the game exist, so, yeah, I don't know if anyone has tried games not on NUS yet :unsure:
Dont think that one is on the eshop. Unless its on the eshop AND has a disk version, it aint gonna happen right now

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all of them. Clocks in just shy of a terabyte

Dont think that one is on the eshop. Unless its on the eshop AND has a disk version, it aint gonna happen right now

No, it's not on the eShop as far as I know, not sure, guess it likely won't happen. I mean, I know that a certain ISO site has a dump of the EUR version, but not NTSC. So it likely exists, IDK, just thinking out loud mostly.

riickss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
So, I was moving the Just Dance 2017 files to my SD card, but the FAT32 system doesn't accept files over 4Gb (there's one with 4,89gb). Is there any way to solve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My therapy chair is padded