Hacking Wii U USB loading - install WiiU games to USB or internal memory

ikarius031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh... something strange just happened... I just installed a game, to my HDD, without a tik file (forgot to put it in my install folder by accident) using the BR modded WUPinstaller... and it... installed ? And is now updating ? How is that possible ?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Uh... something strange just happened... I just installed a game, to my HDD, without a tik file (forgot to put it in my install folder by accident) using the BR modded WUPinstaller... and it... installed ? And is now updating ? How is that possible ?
Are you sure the .tik wasn't in the instal folder?
That seems really unlikely

ikarius031

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it wasn't but I figured it out.
I failed the installation before and it had the tik in there, I deleted the folder, redownloaded the title, and forgot to put the tik. But there was a partial installation on the HDD, so that might explain why it installed anyway.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes it wasn't but I figured it out.
I failed the installation before and it had the tik in there, I deleted the folder, redownloaded the title, and forgot to put the tik. But there was a partial installation on the HDD, so that might explain why it installed anyway.
Oh well that explains it, I bet the ticket is one of the first files to be installed due to the signature check.

Reactions: ikarius031

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you that the Free DLC works for Mario Kart 8.....don't know about paid DLC though.....it went thru the process of allowing me to buy it, I just didn't do it

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dlc can't be installed it's been tried. Wup won't work with it. Keys also could be console specific so wait till no SIG emunand/rednand

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dusted the thing off now on 5.5.1 whats the next step? i been out of the scene for a while if you can please link to a guide thanks
  1. Download the starter pack and the modified wup installer
  2. Extract the starter pack to the root of a FAT32 formatted SD card
  3. Extract the modified wup installer files to the wiiu/apps/wupinstaller folder (you'll need to create it)
  4. Open the web browser and go to loadiine.ovh and run the exploit.
That's to get basic homebrew working

See the first post for the guide to install games to USB

My tool makes things a little easier though since it can automatically patch and download the game data in one go from just the .tik file

Of course it's your choice if you want to use something else

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I recently installed Twilight Princess HD (USA) to the system memory.
The game shows up on the menu and boots fine, however, it boots without sound, and after putting the names for both Link and Epona it goes to a black screen.

Any suggestions?

manaconda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  3. Extract the modified wup installer files to the wiiu/apps/wupinstaller folder (you'll need to create it)

My tool makes things a little easier though since it can automatically patch and download the game data in one go from just the .tik file

thanks a lot i appreciate your detailed help will do this tomorrow my kids can't wait

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what will happen if you use an already modded tik?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go into your system data and see what it says there, if it says there is unnecessary data there, the install corrupted, and if you're unlucky like myself it may be undeletable.

Turn off sleep mode on your USB by going into data management and holding down and minus and plus.

WUPInstaller give you some error message before it restarts?
I successufully installed Pikmin3 (USA) with the NexoCube WUPinstaller (the one in the OP)

I had unnecessary data, but fortunately It was deleted. And I already resolve my issue. It seems my internal storage is already low, that's why Pikmin 3 installs only a portion of it. It seems like Wii U system files takes a lot of space on the internal storage.

Reactions: zeldaism

Lunaei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i get some help, i downloaded lego city undercover full title using jnustool and i didnt get title.cert how do i get it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire